dePUNDIT
Human being with feelings

Default ReaSamplOmatic5000

Feature requests for Sampleomatic 5000
dePUNDIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:15 AM   #2
dePUNDIT

1) Sampleomatic 5000 should be made to self contain samples (ie copy samples into project folder) so files can be transferred between Studios without the missing sample message.

2) The pitch shift function (freely configured & note modes) on Sampleomatic 5000 should be made to place the root note on C3 like FL sampler and Sonar RXP does.

3) Sampleomatic 5000 should Also be made to have tabs so only one instance can be used to make a drum map like battery or kontakt.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #3
Aeolian

* The velocity splits need to be configurable for each sample loaded, instead of just spreading the samples out evenly.

* Choke/mute groups. some form of dropdown menu, with 1-16 in it ... 16 mute groups to be assigned across all tabs within a single instance of rs5k.

* Tabs .... For the love of god, give the thing some tabs. Even limit it to 16 tabs max ... we'll take anything

* DFD ... REAPER wrote the book on render-ahead FX, surely rs5k could be given license to "background render" and stream that from disk (the samples, not the output), in a DFD kind of way?

* The min Velocity is still slightly buggered (it hits -25dBFS @ -66dB min velocity, as per Tod's posts. Not a showstopper, but makes rs5k sound slightly "compressed")

* More control is needed over how/if samples get saved, with .rpl presets, fx chains, track templates, and whole projects. Maybe a checkbox stating "Allow samples to be copied/saved" or something. Unchecking this would prevent huge 3Gb kits being saved into the project folder.

* Release needs to go to 10k .... at the very least

* Loop start and loop end needs to be configurable in samples, in addition to ms.

* Max voices knob needs to wheel up to 64 or 128 or whatever. You can type these values in, so the knob should reflect/allow this.

* sfz parsing/import
Old 11-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePUNDIT View Post
1) Sampleomatic 5000 should be made to self contain samples (ie copy samples into project folder) so files can be transferred between Studios without the missing sample message.

2) The pitch shift function (freely configured & note modes) on Sampleomatic 5000 should be made to place the root note on C3 like FL sampler and Sonar RXP does.

3) Sampleomatic 5000 should Also be made to have tabs so only one instance can be used to make a drum map like battery or kontakt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolian View Post
* The velocity splits need to be configurable for each sample loaded, instead of just spreading the samples out evenly.

* Choke/mute groups. some form of dropdown menu, with 1-16 in it ... 16 mute groups to be assigned across all tabs within a single instance of rs5k.

* Tabs .... For the love of god, give the thing some tabs. Even limit it to 16 tabs max ... we'll take anything

* DFD ... REAPER wrote the book on render-ahead FX, surely rs5k could be given license to "background render" and stream that from disk (the samples, not the output), in a DFD kind of way?

* The min Velocity is still slightly buggered (it hits -25dBFS @ -66dB min velocity, as per Tod's posts. Not a showstopper, but makes rs5k sound slightly "compressed")

* More control is needed over how/if samples get saved, with .rpl presets, fx chains, track templates, and whole projects. Maybe a checkbox stating "Allow samples to be copied/saved" or something. Unchecking this would prevent huge 3Gb kits being saved into the project folder.

* Release needs to go to 10k .... at the very least

* Loop start and loop end needs to be configurable in samples, in addition to ms.

* Max voices knob needs to wheel up to 64 or 128 or whatever. You can type these values in, so the knob should reflect/allow this.

* sfz parsing/import
I think you guys pretty much sum it up.

> We also need an easy way to configure for CC Controllers without using envelopes. Some CCs can't even be used with envelopes, like CC64 Sustain.

> DFD mode is one of my favorite reqests, it's a killer with large drum libraries.

> Also the Saving Samples thingy, that's a real mess.

Good one guys.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #5
mccrabney

i love reasamplomatic and it is my go-to drum sampler.
but wish it were better at some things:

* CC control of the amp envelope is basically useless. try this -- learn a CC to your attack param and attempt to manipulate it with a fader. it's unusable because of the huge default upper threshold. for "attack" the max should be the length of the sample itself, or ideally, users would be able to specify the upper-limit value of such params. see discussion here (post 11): http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=139313 and watch this problem in gif form here:

* pitch shift param needs ability to fine-tune by single cents. meanwhile i've been typing in values -- bad workflow.

* echoing OP's post "Sampleomatic 5000 should be made to self contain samples (ie copy samples into project folder) so files can be transferred between Studios without the missing sample message."

Last edited by mccrabney; 11-23-2015 at 02:51 PM.
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
dePUNDIT

Quote:

I'll love to also add that

4) Sampleomatic 5000 be made to respond to note velocity especially as it makes drums sound more realistic
Old 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM   #7
Tod

Quote:
I'll love to also add that sampleomatic 5000 be made to respond to note velocity especially as it makes drums sound more realistic
Hi dePUNDIT, actually it does respond to differences in velocity, it depends on where you've got the Min Vol set. Min Vol is actually the velocity intensity.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #8
dePUNDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi dePUNDIT, actually it does respond to differences in velocity, it depends on where you've got the Min Vol set. Min Vol is actually the velocity intensity.
Thanks Tod. I appreciate the comment and i'll check it out.

Thanks once again.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #9
Tod

Quote:
Thanks Tod. I appreciate the comment and i'll check it out.

Thanks once again.
Check this post out, I explain it a little more.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=140
Old 11-24-2015, 05:22 PM   #10
Aeolian

Quote:
* sfz parsing/import
A tad OT, but my last comment has me thinking ... I cant help but wonder if a script could be made to read an sfz v1 text file, open an instance of rs5k, load the sample(s), with velocity layers, and then set the parameters on rs5k, as per the sfz opcodes, where relevant?

It would be a pretty large mess for sfz's with more than 30-40 keys/pitches, but tabs could maybe make the above possible/feasible.

Even still, i'm willing to try it with a few ultra-simple sfz's i have.
Anything faster than doing it manually
Old 11-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #11
reapercurious

it would be cool if reasamplomatic5000 was made open source, that way there'd be no excuse but to upgrade it.

same for reainsert.
reapercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #12
_TIP_

SFZ support, filter with adsr envelopes would be amazing!!!
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
_TIP_

Quote:
A tad OT, but my last comment has me thinking ... I cant help but wonder if a script could be made to read an sfz v1 text file, open an instance of rs5k, load the sample(s), with velocity layers, and then set the parameters on rs5k, as per the sfz opcodes, where relevant?

It would be a pretty large mess for sfz's with more than 30-40 keys/pitches, but tabs could maybe make the above possible/feasible.

Even still, i'm willing to try it with a few ultra-simple sfz's i have.
Anything faster than doing it manually
Wow, sounds great Aeolian!!!
I love my free TX16WX but i'm getting sick lately with all the crashes...
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #14
Ozman

First off, since it is considered the Official Reaper sampler, it would nice to integrate it some, maybe like making an action that can make qn instance from a media item or, dragging a midi item to an empty track panel area, could create a track with the sample loaded into the sampler.

- And if those are implemented, it would be good to allow for the sample in focus within the sampler be allowed to be edited in the external editors and updated.

- Also, all the pitch/key values show the Note name along with the numeric values. Parenthesis would be good.

- A simpler approach to mapping the root key.

- Pretty much the functions of the default sampler in FL studio.

- (Dreaming) Timestretch / Pitch-shift

- (Dreaming) DAC emulations (TAL Sampler)
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #15
Ozman

Also, it would be nice it could be opened up and made expandable by others (e.g. mods, features, different layouts).. pretty much having an open API or framework.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:44 PM   #16
mccrabney

i have really been liking Bliss sampler, for those in need of something else.

it has an automatic vsti sampling capability built in, so you can grab patches from synths that you like, but that cause REAPER problems...
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #17
Ozman

I just had a thought...

Maybe instead of making an awesome sampler, we can keep it simple, with some ease of use optimizations (e.g. Root Note selection).

But looking at Bliss, it brought to mind something that I liked from Direct Wave: Sampling of VSTi's.

It would be nice if we had something that could automate that in Reaper. Sending MIDI (notes and velocities) to another channel or within the same channel, to another VSTi in the Chain, and automatically rendering the waveforms or files, with specified naming patterns (e.g. Pitch, Octave, Velocity).

In this way, Reaper devs can focus more on workflow tools, instead of trying to replace already awesome samplers.

Do ya'll think that would be more realistic of a request that can have a decent time of fulfillment?

Think about it... Many samplers have sample maps, but those that sample from other VSTi, host them themselves, therefore are limited in their bridging capabilities. We can take advantage of every sound that Reaper can open, can be sampled. And put into your favorite samplers (e.g. Kontakt <awesome Timestretch/Pitch-shift ts/ps>, TAL-Sampler <DAC emulation with ts/ps>, Directwave, ShortCircuit, TX16Wx, etc.)

Last edited by Ozman; 12-03-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #18
dsp

posted this http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=170060 then found this thread
Old 04-24-2016, 03:56 PM   #19
dePUNDIT

please make reasamplomatic self contain samples!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 10:59 AM   #20
Rmn

samples mapping on the keyboard.

Last edited by Rmn; 06-21-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Rmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:11 PM   #21
djangotsp

I hope RS5K gets some love soon. Reaper's updates have been pretty epic lately. Things appeared that I thought were a tall order, so I'm keeping an open mind . Here are some of my dreams...

1. Let us drag samples to FX slots, or even the FX icon on a track. If the slot is empty, create RS5K; if slot has RS5K, load the sample into it.

2. Next to "Import item from arrange," how about "import form Media Explorer"

3. Likewise, "Browse in Media Explorer"

4. A "trigger items via MIDI" macro for beat-slicing, that takes the selected items, automaps them across keys and creates a MIDI file. The Mac is sorely missing a good beat-slicer. TX16WX can do it, but the transient detection is a complete waste of time. Kontakt can do it, but since many sample libraries work in Kontakt Player, not everyone owns the full version. FL Studio and Slicex can do it, but the Mac versions are both in Alpha I believe.

5. In the plugin pin-connector window (for setting plugin inputs and outputs), we could really use some mouse-modifiers...
If you want to change outputs, it's two clicks to deactivate 1/2, and two more clicks to activate 3/4. How about if we alt click 3, it auto-routes 4, and if we command click 3, it replaces 1... So if we command+alt click 3, we replace 1/2 with 3/4 in one click instead of four. Making sense? This is only stereo - imagine how many clicks you'd save by extending this to auto-route something like Kontakt!
djangotsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:04 PM   #22
mschnell

Why not use a SoundFont player instead ? There are several free such plugins.

OTOH, a versatile SoundFont player including an editor for the SoundFont control file - maybe including some Reaper specific feature - coming with the Reaper distribution, seems like a nice idea.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:00 AM   #23
chuckwood

Quote:
please make reasamplomatic self contain samples!!!
I might be misanderstanding what you want but reasamplomatic does already save the samples with the project (great feature).

When I save a project, I make sure I tick the box 'create subdirectory...' and 'copy all media into project...' and now I have a folder with all project files inside including a 'samples' folder that contains anything used in reasamplomatic.

Some great suggestions in this thread by the way, would love to see some of them developed.
chuckwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #24
me2beats

Hello guys. I saw some posts with such FR as "create new track with Reasamplomatic with selected item sample". It's possible. I called this script Samplomate. You can check it here https://github.com/me2beats/rea-me2/...Samplomate/1.0.
me2beats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #25
Ozman

Cool.
I've gotta give this a shot!
Old 06-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #26
Ozman

Hmm... didn't quite work for me.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:07 PM   #27
FrankDee

Default Drum map

When using RS5K and have a number of instances to build a drum map, is there a way to load all instances with a selection of samples? Or, do I need to go and drag and drop or use media explorer for each instance?
Old 12-15-2016, 12:20 AM   #28
Ozman

track template.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #29
zookthespook

RS5k is a powerful sampler.

An Integral sampler is critical to each DAW. More focus on it's development would be really appreciated !
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #30
Outboarder

Time stretch Elastic engine (preserving length).
Multi zone for samples and velocity(in one instance).
envelope ADSR for each sample + repeat mode.
Loop cycle back and forth.
Beat mode for rhythmic samples.

Last edited by Outboarder; 12-28-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Outboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #31
Germps112

I dont want to say how it should be like samplers in any other daws, but it would be nice if it has some Basic modulation via pitch/velocity, some filters and stuff too!! More control over the timbre, clearel envelopes. Its just the basics.
Germps112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:12 PM   #32
Ozman

Maybe it just might be a good idea to start a sampler in lua.
And the community can fork and expand on it.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #33
mschnell

That is close to impossible, as scripts to be integral parts of (the FX chain of) a track need to be done in EEL.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:15 AM   #34
reapercurious

recent upgrades to the envelope are awesome (the decay curve)

just LOVELY

one suggestion: re-draw the waveform to reflect the envelope's effect == LUSH
Old 01-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #35
Ozman

"Root Note" instead of "Pitch Offset"... pleeeez!

And Timestretch/Pitch Shift (with choose-able timestretch algorithm).
Old 01-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #36
seayaker

Default choke group

choke group!!! so a hi hat can be made
seayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:02 AM   #37
reapercurious

tabs
Old 01-20-2017, 05:36 AM   #38
fladd

Quote:
Originally Posted by seayaker View Post
choke group!!! so a hi hat can be made
https://github.com/fladd/jsfx/blob/m...idi_mute_group
Old 06-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #39
Fedor

+1 Loop ping-pong mode (cycle back and forth, forward and in reverse)
Fedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #40
LourivalFranco

Default MIDI Learn

MIDI Learn in note start and note end
LourivalFranco is offline   Reply With Quote