Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 10-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
mstojano
Human being with feelings

Default stop recording on track end when makin 'print tracks'

Im interested on how to set the impot (or some other) setting when 'printing' my mix buss. if i set record input to "None" and "record: output stereo" all the sent tracks print noramly, but the problem is the recording doesnt end when the track ends, i.e. all itmes have been played. how do i have to have my settings sto that 'printing' has the same behaviour as play (stops playing after all items have finished)?

also, on a side note another question; i cant find any reasonable place for feature requests (and its not a bug). id like to post a request for a check while routing that the same routing can not be done twice (e.g. post fader from track 2 to track 1, post fader and pre fx should be different routing)

edit: realized there is a request subforum -.-"

Last edited by mstojano; 10-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.
mstojano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstojano View Post
Im interested on how to set the impot (or some other) setting when 'printing' my mix buss. if i set record input to "None" and "record: output stereo" all the sent tracks print noramly, but the problem is the recording doesnt end when the track ends, i.e. all itmes have been played. how do i have to have my settings sto that 'printing' has the same behaviour as play (stops playing after all items have finished)?
You can render instead, and if you highlight your desired items and hit "T" which is the default for the action "Time Selection: Set Time Selection to Items" (hats off to serr for cluing me to that way back when : ) and then in the render options (which come up when you choose to render) and select for it to render the time selection it will offline render the output to a new file and stop, returning to the project.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:56 AM   #3
mstojano

yeah, i know how to do it with render. im trying a new workflow, using a mix bus and a prefx mix bus to have a visual of the change made by the 'mastering' fx. and id like to print those tracks directly, sometimes just snipsets sometimes the whole song/project, but since im lazy id like to go and grab me a cup of coffee while it plays/prints but id like it to stop automaticaly as it would when it its in record mode
Old 10-14-2017, 05:27 AM   #4
uncleswede

Not ideal but you could create an action marker at the end point. Set the marker name to be "!1016" and the transport will stop when it reaches it
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:54 AM   #5
mstojano

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleswede View Post
Not ideal but you could create an action marker at the end point. Set the marker name to be "!1016" and the transport will stop when it reaches it
really a good idea ty for it. now i just need to remember this to set it as a marker name its still much better then sitting there waiting it for print

edit: works like a charm

Last edited by mstojano; 10-14-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:25 AM   #6
vdubreeze

If you create a time selection and then in the Options menu switch the record mode to "time selection audio punch" it will record just the time selection.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #7
mstojano

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
If you create a time selection and then in the Options menu switch the record mode to "time selection audio punch" it will record just the time selection.
tried it and it worked. almost. im too stupid to turn off the loop so it goes, round and round and round and ...
Old 10-14-2017, 12:55 PM   #8
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstojano View Post
tried it and it worked. almost. im too stupid to turn off the loop so it goes, round and round and round and ...