Old 01-23-2018, 06:25 AM   #1081
G-Sun
Human being with feelings

Don't know if this is a TI bug or a DDMF bug,

but when using DDMF EqII and bypass/unbypass I loose settings and are left with blank default state.
But, it's not for every track.

v1.4 pre25 x64

edit: It's when I delete a later plugin it happens

Happens when using TI fx panel,
not when using native fx window,
so must be a TI bug
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:28 AM   #1082
heda

hey skippertag, I was just releasing an update. look at the changes. try it and let me know if it works for you

update 1.4.40
this is an important update with an important performance fix, but keep pre39 backup just in case
also please test dragging to scroll with left mouse button.
the important fix is that it was using too much real time CPU when the midi editor was open. Now it doesn't check for that. The bad thing is that tooltips can appear if the midi editor is over track inspector window. I think this sohuld be avoided natively in REAPER somehow... I'll try to contact devs and see what would be the best solution. Because checking the window with the SWS function is not efficient.
Thanks !

* v1.4pre40 (2018-01-23)
+ Settings: Option for "Left Mouse Button Drag" to scroll Panels. also to scroll in settings page.
+ Notepad menu: Option: Display notepad in Meter panel when in Listening mode.
# important fix: performance fix, removed check window(MIDI editor etc) context for tooltips. this should be fixed natively in REAPER.
# fix: save custom buttons only when changed.
# fix: crash if no tracks are selected and adjusting delay parameter.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:31 AM   #1083
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Don't know if this is a TI bug or a DDMF bug,
that's easy to check. terminate Track Inspector and try to do the same from the normal FX Chain. I only use normal API functions to remove plugin or bypass them.. so I don't know what can be the issue. please try testing it more.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:33 AM   #1084
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
hey skippertag, I was just releasing an update. look at the changes. try it and let me know if it works for you

update 1.4.40
this is an important update with an important performance fix, but keep pre39 backup just in case
also please test dragging to scroll with left mouse button.
the important fix is that it was using too much real time CPU when the midi editor was open. Now it doesn't check for that. The bad thing is that tooltips can appear if the midi editor is over track inspector window. I think this sohuld be avoided natively in REAPER somehow... I'll try to contact devs and see what would be the best solution. Because checking the window with the SWS function is not efficient.
Thanks !

* v1.4pre40 (2018-01-23)
+ Settings: Option for "Left Mouse Button Drag" to scroll Panels. also to scroll in settings page.
+ Notepad menu: Option: Display notepad in Meter panel when in Listening mode.
# important fix: performance fix, removed check window(MIDI editor etc) context for tooltips. this should be fixed natively in REAPER.
# fix: save custom buttons only when changed.
# fix: crash if no tracks are selected and adjusting delay parameter.
I'll check it later...let ya know...

in the meantime ---- what is the reason to not make it hovering and scrolling then? What is behind it that I can't see?
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #1085
G-Sun

Quote:
that's easy to check. terminate Track Inspector and try to do the same from the normal FX Chain. I only use normal API functions to remove plugin or bypass them.. so I don't know what can be the issue. please try testing it more.
Did. No error in native FX window, must be TI

The error is when deleting a later plugin with alt+LMB
Old 01-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #1086
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
I'll check it later...let ya know...

in the meantime ---- what is the reason to not make it hovering and scrolling then? What is behind it that I can't see?
Heda, my opinion is as follows:

1. leave that LeftClick+Mouse Scrolling because it is great to move the whole panel list to make the other parts of the upper panels easily visible (with a big fx chain the parts below aren't visible as you know

2. create a mouse hovers over the fxchain panel and then activate mousewheel scrolling on that panel automatically

that way we get the best of both worlds not interfering each other
Old 01-23-2018, 09:15 AM   #1087
heda

Quote:
2. create a mouse hovers over the fxchain panel and then activate mousewheel scrolling on that panel automatically
I'm not sure if I understand.. there is nothing to scroll inside the panel unless the panel would have a limit height or something.
That's what I added for example in the notepad panel.. when you specify the number of text lines displayed, then you can use the scroll wheel to scroll the text inside the notepad panel.

Quote:
The error is when deleting a later plugin with alt+LMB
ok I'll try to test this. thanks!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #1088
G-Sun

Here's a minimal project

#1 With DDMF eqII and TDR comp
Eq is tweaked

#2 Alt + LMB delete TDR Comp in TI
Eq is blanked by TI

https://stash.reaper.fm/32753/TI-FxDel_bug.RPP
https://stash.reaper.fm/32754/TI-FxDel_bug2.RPP
Old 01-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #1089
G-Sun

Should test with latest TI,
but won't buy subscription just for providing bug-testing
Old 01-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #1090
heda

Quote:
Should test with latest TI,
but won't buy subscription just for providing bug-testing
Sad to hear that... to me, the subscription is a way to express your continuous support to me to continue working on this and other scripts. Not a way to buy something. Otherwise I would just sell each script for a specific price, and probably it would be more expensive to buy each of the scripts for $5 each for example. Track Inspector alone would be more than $5 alone I think if I think about it. You are also missing a lot of updates since the date your subscription expired. But I'm grateful to you because you always provide a lot of good feedback and testing thanks !
Old 01-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #1091
skippertag

Quote:
I'm not sure if I understand.. there is nothing to scroll inside the panel unless the panel would have a limit height or something.
That's what I added for example in the notepad panel.. when you specify the number of text lines displayed, then you can use the scroll wheel to scroll the text inside the notepad panel.

ok I'll try to test this. thanks!
Ahhhhhh. There ya go...I didn't know about the max line feature via a notepad...but wouldn't it be easier to make the max lines of each panel as high as the space between the upper edge of e.g. the fx chain panel and the upper edge of the next panel (meters in this case)minus a couple pixels? Or does that initiale to much calculating and cpu power?
Old 01-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #1092
Gianfini

Heda, is there a way to see the track notes that we can set with VIP Inspector? They seem to be sort of a note to a hidden item. I would like to be able to view only the note by a click of a button when track selected... without opening the whole Track Inspector

Could you possibly use SWS Track Note instead?

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #1093
heda

Quote:
Ahhhhhh. There ya go...I didn't know about the max line feature via a notepad...but wouldn't it be easier to make the max lines of each panel as high as the space between the upper edge of e.g. the fx chain panel and the upper edge of the next panel (meters in this case)minus a couple pixels? Or does that initiale to much calculating and cpu power?
the max lines in notepad is only for the notepad texts.. not for the fx chain panel... I am not sure if it is worth the effort to make a maximum number of FX displayed feature. it may mess also with the drag and drop reordering... And normally you don't have so many FX per track... why are you having so many FX in the track? I'll put the feature on hold for the moment. Maybe when I have more time I'll revisit the idea. I need to prioritize things now that I'm working a lot in the release of HeDaMixer. But yeah... thank you for the idea !
Old 01-23-2018, 03:34 PM   #1094
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Heda, is there a way to see the track notes that we can set with VIP Inspector? They seem to be sort of a note to a hidden item. I would like to be able to view only the note by a click of a button when track selected... without opening the whole Track Inspector

Could you possibly use SWS Track Note instead?

g
The empty item is only displayed when adding a note, or editing it.. then it is deleted. And the text from the empty item is converted to Track Inspector notepad internal data saved in the project for that track. The text should be displayed then in the notepad panel.. below any image that you can also add. You can change the font size from the notepad menu too.
If it doesn't show, then something is wrong. Let me know, or show me in a small licecap gif!

a future update of SWS will include support for track notes with the SWS notes. @nofish worked in the API functions for retrieving SWS track notes.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #1095
skippertag

Quote:
the max lines in notepad is only for the notepad texts.. not for the fx chain panel... I am not sure if it is worth the effort to make a maximum number of FX displayed feature. it may mess also with the drag and drop reordering... And normally you don't have so many FX per track... why are you having so many FX in the track? I'll put the feature on hold for the moment. Maybe when I have more time I'll revisit the idea. I need to prioritize things now that I'm working a lot in the release of HeDaMixer. But yeah... thank you for the idea !
Alrighty. Thanks for the Info.

It's my template...it's much faster for me to get rid of unused plugins than thinking, searching a one that may come to my mind... therefore the list is a little longer than it's needed...

Thanks for considering it!
Old 01-24-2018, 01:42 AM   #1096
G-Sun

Quote:
Sad to hear that...
Hector, the TI is a great script,
and you've always been very responsive to FRs and ideas,
and are setting a benchmark (for scripters) for fixing the odd ends.

But, I don't normally do subscriptions,
and $10/year is a little more than I personally will keep rolling.
(It's eg. approx. 50% of the price of Reaper)

If my testing is valuable to you,
just pass something to me and I'll help out.
If I then value the extras that much, I'll pay for it.

I see you have a lot of excellent development going on (like mixer), but TI is the only one I use right now.

Thanks!

Geir
Old 01-24-2018, 05:47 AM   #1097
heda

@G-Sun: It's ok. I understand. Others donate much more than the minimum 5€. That's the good thing about donations.. Each one adapts to what they can or want to donate. But I won't discuss this topic here... If I were close to you I would invite you to a coffee to discuss about it
I've just seen that, yes, I didn't remember but I see I did change the function to remove FX to my own function because there was a bug in the API function which used a SWS API function. So it seems my function also has a bug in some circumstances then... I'll try to fix it and send it to you so you can test it too. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #1098
G-Sun

Quote:
If I were close to you I would invite you to a coffee to discuss about it
A coffee, sure. Pamplona?
I'll just look up the flight time-tables

Quote:
I've just seen that, yes, I didn't remember but I see I did change the function to remove FX to my own function because there was a bug in the API function which used a SWS API function. So it seems my function also has a bug in some circumstances then... I'll try to fix it and send it to you so you can test it too. Thanks!
Good.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:02 AM   #1099
G-Sun

I'll pay for those coffees up front.
6months subscription added.

btw: Did see "other amount", so I'll find a sum to keep subscribed
Old 01-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #1100
heda

Quote:
I'll pay for those coffees up front.
6months subscription added
btw: Did see "other amount", so I'll find a sum to keep subscribed
yay! that's a very nice coffee. Thank you!
Pamplona? Where did that come from? hehe

I'm testing your projects... I open the first one and I can delete the second plugin and I can't reproduce the problem mmmm... Try the latest 1.4pre40 version which had some updates on the readchunk function and if it works it may already have been fixed! I hope it is that... if not I can keep investigating further.

Last edited by heda; 01-24-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:26 AM   #1101
G-Sun

Quote:
I'm testing your projects... I open the first one and I can delete the second plugin and I can't reproduce the problem mmmm... Try the latest 1.4pre40 version which had some updates on the readchunk function and if it works it may already have been fixed! I hope it is that... if not I can keep investigating further.

Testing pre40, same issue
Old 01-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #1102
heda

Quote:

Testing pre40, same issue
mmm ok. maybe DDMF eqII doesn't update the project chunk until you save the project or something... this is strange. Maybe this plugin is not fully compatible with REAPER?

I also see in your project that you are using VST2 version of dpmeter2, but it is the VST3 version the one that you have to install. And you must uninstall the VST2 version if you want to use it for Track Inspector.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #1103
G-Sun

Quote:
mmm ok. maybe DDMF eqII doesn't update the project chunk until you save the project or something... this is strange. Maybe this plugin is not fully compatible with REAPER?
Have been using it for years with Reaper,
with little trouble.
Note that it's having some multitrack-feature. I can edit track#1 eq from track #2 eq
Quote:

I also see in your project that you are using VST2 version of dpmeter2, but it is the VST3 version the one that you have to install. And you must uninstall the VST2 version if you want to use it for Track Inspector.
Thanks! I'll check it out.
Had no issues regarding this though
Old 01-24-2018, 12:03 PM   #1104
G-Sun

I've notified Christian Siedschlag at DDMF
and asked him to send you a development-license for IIEQPro,
so you can better check this out.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:38 AM   #1105
Sumalc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Does anyone get this error from time to time? Using VIP track inspector. Not sure what causes it but its getting annoying! The script closes after error and have to reopen track inspector. Would be awesome if anyone knows what causes it or a fix.

It now seems to me that this problem is solved after removing the VST2 version of dpmeter2.
Thank you Heda for reminding us of this.
Sumalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:24 AM   #1106
Gianfini

Quote:
The empty item is only displayed when adding a note, or editing it.. then it is deleted. And the text from the empty item is converted to Track Inspector notepad internal data saved in the project for that track. The text should be displayed then in the notepad panel.. below any image that you can also add. You can change the font size from the notepad menu too.
If it doesn't show, then something is wrong. Let me know, or show me in a small licecap gif!

a future update of SWS will include support for track notes with the SWS notes. @nofish worked in the API functions for retrieving SWS track notes.
Yes everything works. My aim was to open a Track Note panel without having to open the full Track Inspector (when I just need to see notes)... maybe you could do a T.I. Note only version?

ok I don't want to mess too much

g
Old 01-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #1107
heda

Default v1.4pre41 (2018-01-25)

* v1.4pre41 (2018-01-25)
# lua instances can be copied, and run from to "Track Inspector VIP settings" folder. To create additional instances.

Quote:
Yes everything works. My aim was to open a Track Note panel without having to open the full Track Inspector (when I just need to see notes)... maybe you could do a T.I. Note only version?

ok I don't want to mess too much

g
update to 1.4pre41 and follow this steps to create a notepad instance:
  1. Copy the file "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua" to the "Track Inspector VIP settings" folder and rename this copy to "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Notepad.lua" for example.
  2. Add the file "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Notepad.lua" to actions list in REAPER. Edit it. Change the instance number to instance = 5 or any unique number (more than 4, used by the default included 4 instances: default, master, floating and floating 2)
  3. This new instance will have its own configuration. Run it and go to settings and turn off all the panels except the Notepad panel for this example. Now you have an instance that only shows Notepad.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:36 AM   #1108
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumalc View Post
It now seems to me that this problem is solved after removing the VST2 version of dpmeter2.
Thank you Heda for reminding us of this.
I don't know why but I'm happy to hear that
Added to the documentation page that only the VST3 version, and not both, must be installed. It was not clear.
Because if the VST2 version is found, the API function loads that one instead of the VST3 required one. Because they share the same name.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:18 AM   #1109
G-Sun

Edit: My mistake

Last edited by G-Sun; 01-26-2018 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #1110
Gianfini

Quote:
* v1.4pre41 (2018-01-25)
# lua instances can be copied, and run from to "Track Inspector VIP settings" folder. To create additional instances.

update to 1.4pre41 and follow this steps to create a notepad instance:
  1. Copy the file "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP.lua" to the "Track Inspector VIP settings" folder and rename this copy to "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Notepad.lua" for example.
  2. Add the file "HeDa_Track Inspector VIP_Notepad.lua" to actions list in REAPER. Edit it. Change the instance number to instance = 5 or any unique number (more than 4, used by the default included 4 instances: default, master, floating and floating 2)
  3. This new instance will have its own configuration. Run it and go to settings and turn off all the panels except the Notepad panel for this example. Now you have an instance that only shows Notepad.
GREAT!

Now two more questions
1. the normal VIP Meter doesn't work on folder tracks, is it wanted?
2. is there a way to show integrated LUFS instead of RMS? in DpMeter2 it gets shown when you choose mode EBU R128 (it shows integrated loudness instead of RMS Integrated), is there a way to switch view from the inspector itself?

thanks
g
Old 01-28-2018, 03:39 AM   #1111
heda

Quote:
GREAT!

Now two more questions
1. the normal VIP Meter doesn't work on folder tracks, is it wanted?
2. is there a way to show integrated LUFS instead of RMS? in DpMeter2 it gets shown when you choose mode EBU R128 (it shows integrated loudness instead of RMS Integrated), is there a way to switch view from the inspector itself?

thanks
g
1) Yes. it should work on any track. including folders of course. Can you show a small video or something of what is happening?

2) I think there is a bug in your question. Do you want RMS or LUFS? Or I don't understand By default it shows both the RMS and the LUFS. the RMS meters (left and right channels) use my own JSFX and the LUFS meter uses dpmeter2.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:30 AM   #1112
G-Sun

For tags,
I'd like the option to with one click
- Show only tracks [with tag] in mcp/tcp
- Scroll tracks into view

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #1113
Gianfini

Quote:
1) Yes. it should work on any track. including folders of course. Can you show a small video or something of what is happening?

2) I think there is a bug in your question. Do you want RMS or LUFS? Or I don't understand By default it shows both the RMS and the LUFS. the RMS meters (left and right channels) use my own JSFX and the LUFS meter uses dpmeter2.
1) ok now it solved it was my error

2) I show you a video here, where do I see in Inspector VIP the Integrated Loudness that I see in dpMeter2 as shown by my cursor in the video? (the -35.8 moving nubmer)?

thanks!

PS. I get an error when trying to insert a TEXT in the HEDA_Track Inspector VIP_Notepad.lua

"?:-1: attempt to compare number with nil"

g
Old 01-28-2018, 12:36 PM   #1114
heda

@Gianfini
Thank you for the error form the notepad instance.. I'll fix it soon. You can insert notepad texts or images from the main instance meanwhile.

as for the loudness.. it is right there, the big green number: 12.7 LU. Notice that dpmeter2 is LUFS, not LU.

you can change the scale to LUFS if you want too. Click the EBU+18 button to cycle between different scales. Don't worry about asking or user errors. It's my fault that I never did video tutorials or better documentation help page. My time is limited and coding is time consuming.

Thanks !
Old 01-28-2018, 12:38 PM   #1115
heda

Quote:
For tags,
I'd like the option to with one click
- Show only tracks [with tag] in mcp/tcp
- Scroll tracks into view

Thanks!
you can link TCP and MCP to be only one button. From the tags panel menu.
right now it is CTRL+click on the TCP or MCP buttons to show only that tag.. It turns green to indicate it is soloing that tag. CTRL+click again to unsolo and back to tags before soloing.

you can also make presets if you don't have many tags. Then it would be just one click on the preset number.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:16 PM   #1116
Gianfini

Quote:
@Gianfini
Thank you for the error form the notepad instance.. I'll fix it soon. You can insert notepad texts or images from the main instance meanwhile.

as for the loudness.. it is right there, the big green number: 12.7 LU. Notice that dpmeter2 is LUFS, not LU.

you can change the scale to LUFS if you want too. Click the EBU+18 button to cycle between different scales. Don't worry about asking or user errors. It's my fault that I never did video tutorials or better documentation help page. My time is limited and coding is time consuming.

Thanks !
Oh yes! Now I see the EBU+18 button that becomes lufs, that's the one I needed, it's small and my eyes are not as good as before

In case you would have time in future I have a small additional request. There are times when I need to keep a track handy for volumes/pan adjust (e.g. FX returns) meanwhile scrolling to another part of the project. I know I can lock the VIP_inspector, but it would be super great if we could have a very much simplified version of the floating track stripe: kind of a simplified thinner (with less options, panels and visuals). It would be enough the meter, fader, pan and maybe list of sends and fx button that's it! as a normal mcp track but floating and locked

Do you think we might have this simplified stripped down (and smaller) version?

thanks
g
Old 01-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #1117
heda

Quote:
Do you think we might have this simplified stripped down (and smaller) version?

thanks
g
That would be exactly the new script I'm doing: HedaMixer. See thread about it here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=202024

I wanted to release it this week but I couldn't. Let's see if I can push it this week!
Old 01-29-2018, 03:41 AM   #1118
G-Sun

Quote:
you can link TCP and MCP to be only one button. From the tags panel menu.
right now it is CTRL+click on the TCP or MCP buttons to show only that tag.. It turns green to indicate it is soloing that tag. CTRL+click again to unsolo and back to tags before soloing.

you can also make presets if you don't have many tags. Then it would be just one click on the preset number.
Ah, yes, thanks!
Old 01-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #1119
skippertag

Hey there!

All of a sudden I get that message and TI won't open:

?:-1: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (field 'opacity_panels_background')

Any ideas?
Old 01-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #1120
heda

Quote:
Hey there!

All of a sudden I get that message and TI won't open:

?:-1: attempt to perform arithmetic on a string value (field 'opacity_panels_background')

Any ideas?
mmmm I don't know how it happened but I think I can fix it.
Or also, if you don't mind, try renaming the settings file (Track Inspector VIP settings/TI_Settings.cfg) or deleting it to reset all settings to default.