Old 07-19-2019, 04:56 PM   #1
jkuk
Human being with feelings

Default Loading Sessions Offset Media Clips

Hey everyone,

I have been noticing that when I load into a project every now and then, some files will have their start-in source value offset. This only happens to some random files, rather than all the files in the session, and it is pretty easy to not notice it unless you happen to stumble on that file. Has anyone else been noticing this, and do you know why this might be happening? Or has anyone else experienced something close to this, either it being a Reaper bug or something their ReaScript tools was accidentally causing?

The only thing that seems to fix it is reloading the "Session Loaded" Undo State, but that isn't a great fix if you discover it multiple edits down the line - since you would lose all of that work.
jkuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
jkuk
Human being with feelings

After further detective work, I found out that Reaper is finding a new path and linking the media files to a messed up copy of the file when you load the session, so it isn't that that the start-in source is changing - it is just the completely wrong file. Any idea why it is finding a new path rather than just linking it to the usual one it uses? I discovered this because some messed up files were linking to Media Files/Sub Projects/*that sub project*/Media Files/*messed up file* instead of the normal file path of Media Files/Media Files/*normal file*

Last edited by jkuk; 07-19-2019 at 06:23 PM.
jkuk is offline   Reply With Quote