Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 08-07-2018, 01:00 AM   #41
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoose777 View Post
Hi Jack, firstly many thanks for making this great DAW available on linux. I have a question for you, currently Arch linux, and it's subsidiaries, has a reaper package available in the user repos' (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/reaper/#news).
First of all I'm not a reaper dev nor affiliated with Cockos, just an enthusiastic long time user who has been pushing the Linux cause for many years

Regarding the Arch package I've sent an email about it, hopefully the package will be fixed soon, and even better be renamed reaper-bin and just track the official releases. It made sense to track LoL before, but no longer now that we have official releases for Linux.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 03:20 AM   #42
Garrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
Are you able to drag-n-drop midi clips with LinVst? That's the one thing I can't do using Airwave, but being a drummer I only use the midi clips as scratch metronome beats until I record the drums, playing them myself.

no cant drag n drop either.
If i find anything i'll post it in the wine vsts thread
Garrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:07 AM   #43
eric71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
no cant drag n drop either.
If i find anything i'll post it in the wine vsts thread
Dragging from EZDrummer 2 to REAPER tracks doesn't work for me with LinVst. Since I usually put the whole song together in EZDrummer's composer, it's easy enough to export the whole thing to midi, and then import that into REAPER.

I do recall it being suggested some time ago that with MT Power Drumkit for drag and drop to work, you needed to use the "standalone window version" of LinVst. Maybe it is similar for EZDrummer. But I never got that to work with power drumkit, so not sure if that was ever true, and I've only used the embedded window version of LinVst since.
eric71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #44
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric71 View Post
Dragging from EZDrummer 2 to REAPER tracks doesn't work for me with LinVst. Since I usually put the whole song together in EZDrummer's composer, it's easy enough to export the whole thing to midi, and then import that into REAPER.

I do recall it being suggested some time ago that with MT Power Drumkit for drag and drop to work, you needed to use the "standalone window version" of LinVst. Maybe it is similar for EZDrummer. But I never got that to work with power drumkit, so not sure if that was ever true, and I've only used the embedded window version of LinVst since.
I assume that dragging and dropping midi clips from EZ-Drummer doesn't work because EZ-Drummer is running in WINE, and REAPER is running in native Linux.

I would also expect that if you were to run REAPER for Windows in WINE that dragging and dropping from EZ-Drummer would work, because both processes would then be running as Windows tasks in WINE.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #45
chaot4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
Yes, it IS in usr/bin!

If I type drumgizmo in the terminal and hit return it says "Missing input engine."
DrumGizmo has no stand-alone version that has a GUI. So, if you want to use DrumGizmo with a GUI you have to load it as (VST or LV2) plugin, which should've been installed together with the drumgizmo package. A stand-alone version with GUI is planned but it might still take a bit until it's really implemented.
chaot4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:13 AM   #46
EnkelMagnus

Seems my problem was due to a plugin and had nothing to do with Reaper. As you were then.
EnkelMagnus is offline   Reply With Quote