Old 06-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #1
felipestolnik
Human being with feelings

Default HELP! I can't copy tracks

When I try to Copy any track from one Project Tab to another one it keeps saying that there's an error.

Error
No time selection active

I even tryed to import different configurations from other Mac's I Own and nothing happens. The system here is OS X 10.8.5!
felipestolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:26 PM   #2
Seldrums

If you want to copy the entire track, along with all items and fx, you can right click and save the track as a template in the track control panel. Make sure to tick your options for saving items and envelopes at the bottom in the save as dialog. Then, in the other project, load it from the track template by right-clicking also in the track control panel. I use this all the time if I need to move one tack to another. One thing to be aware of is the track timebase if the 2 projects have different tempos. Often, I'll save parent folders with whole sections as a template and open them in other projects. Hope this helps!
Seldrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
Hypex

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipestolnik View Post
When I try to Copy any track from one Project Tab to another one it keeps saying that there's an error.
How did you copy the track? I don't see any obvious copy track item in the track context menu but I see a copy track action. I tried it. Went to another project, hit paste and it added a new copy of the track. I was unable to reproduce your error.
Hypex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:33 AM   #4
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by felipestolnik View Post

Error
No time selection active

I even tryed to import different configurations from other Mac's I Own and nothing happens. The system here is OS X 10.8.5!
Well, either you are trying to use an 'copy within time selection' form of copy and haven't made a time selection or you have a stuck modifier key on your keyboard. (ie. If shift-command-c is assigned to copy in time selection - if your shift key was stuck on when you were aiming to hit just command-c.)
serr is offline   Reply With Quote