Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 12-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #41
Magnus7
Human being with feelings

Hi all,

Same issue here. My M-Audio keystation can't be opened from Reaper, nor my output.
Magnus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:42 AM   #42
magickz

I guess it must be another problem than Reaper's - for example a conflict with some midi software. Because I experienced it sometimes, and sometimes not. And currently I have it with the M-Audio Oxygen 49 keyboard, no matter which vst host, standalone synth or DAW I try.

Disabling/enabling, resetting, rebooting - nothing works.

Now I am uninstalling all software, drivers etc. again, to see if I can get it connected again. That is indeed annoying to spend so much time again and again only for Windows maintenance, and a good reason to consider a hardware synth for my midi keyboard.

Apparently I spend more time for Windows maintenance than for my piano lessons, but I don't believe that it is caused by Reaper.

Reaper 4.62/Windows 8.1

By the way, even the software that comes with the keyboard, Air Ignite, does not work as expected. They all recognize the device, but can't connect.

P.S. in my case I uninstalled the software CopperLan, and tzhe keyboard works again in Reaper as well as in one other VST host that I tried... and I am almost sure, most problems that I experienced so far with midi (and sound output) came from some kind of midi tool, Asio or another driver, or their combination. At the moment I am happy with LoopBe, if I need to connect two programs.

Last edited by magickz; 06-19-2014 at 04:31 AM.
magickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:24 AM   #43
israeltandrade

It became to happen again (in 2018) with the new update.
israeltandrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:16 AM   #44
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by israeltandrade View Post
It became to happen again (in 2018) with the new update.
+ MIDI devices: add retry button to audio/MIDI device error window
+ MIDI devices: warn when a previously-enabled device is not connected (you may see new warnings about MIDI devices from your past)
+ MIDI devices: show previously-connected devices in device list, allow forgetting those devices
+ MIDI devices: allow changing the device ID of input/output devices to enable I/O consistency between multiple computers
+ MIDI devices: rescan when opening MIDI device tab or resetting (may depend on specific driver/OS behavior)
Old 08-05-2018, 06:12 AM   #45
israeltandrade

Thanks! I didn´t understand why it creates new MIDI devices nor why the old remains on the list, but I already forget the old ones.
israeltandrade is offline   Reply With Quote