Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 11-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
Zamyen
Human being with feelings

Default [5.61/x64] Notation View Sync editor transport to project transport issue

There are two specific instances where transport synch/scroll does not work as it normally does in the new (excellent) Notation view:

[Issue1] Sync Editor to Transport Issue when opening multiple tracks in Project Midi Editor

Steps to reproduce:
Set the option "One Midi Editor Per Project" to True
Set the option "Sync editor transport to project transport" to True
Create Empty Midi items in 2 empty tracks (arbitrary long lengths will work) [important to create two tracks]
Select both to edit in the Midi Editor Track List

Now move the edit cursor in the Arrange view. The Midi editor does not scroll to the correct place if the bar is out of current view.

This synch is confirmed working for Piano Roll view and Single Line notation view**, however as soon as a second track is viewed the relationship breaks.
This is important for scoring work (when editing multiple track midi).

[Issue2]
In the same view, now select "Midi Step Input"
When adding notes, even with autoscoll selected, the Midi editor does not auto scroll to the right when reaching end of screen/end of page.
(This is automatic in Piano Roll and Single Line notation)
I am including this issue here, because it is also when greater than 1 Midi track is in Notation view.

Please could you verify this issue with multiple notation tracks and synch to the main window, and advise if any further info is useful.

**Note I did some further testing and it looks like in Single Track Notation view, one is less likely to get the issue as bars cascade down the page, however selecting a bar far out in the project will still lead to a similar issue whereby the view does not scroll to the latest selected point.

Last edited by Zamyen; 11-01-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Zamyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Zamyen
Human being with feelings

Default [5.62/x64]

Thank you for the latest release. I just checked this issue is still present in [5.62/x64]

For anyone else affected, I have bound a shortcut key in Midi Editor to action "View: Go to Edit Cursor", for those occasions where "Sync editor transport to project transport" does not do this automatically.
Zamyen is offline   Reply With Quote