Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 08-28-2017, 02:06 AM   #1
dafish
Human being with feelings

Default meda item property box random appearance

Hey there, (most notably Serr for helping with other issues)...I have managed to have the latency issue on my system sorted, but now I have a random appearance of the Media Item Property box that comes up often and randomly, sometimes during takes, other times just at rest it will pop on and off. I have upgraded to the latest Reaper version v5.40 (64). It keeps popping up without being requested no matter where my mouse is located. Any clues?
Cheers
dafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #2
cfillion

Is the action to open that window bound to any keyboard shortcut or MIDI/OSC event in the Action List?
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
dafish

thanks for the reply cfillion. I had a look and there has been nothing assigned that I could find. I did hit the F2 key which is it's primary hot key, and I enjoyed a whole session without it coming up. I will keep monitoring it over the next couple of sessions and see how it behaves. There is so much I am loving about Reaper but still learning through a few bugs in my system. Nearly there though. I have also found that my system has been more stable without the Faderport in the mix. Still not sure if that is causing any issues or not but Reaper has been playing nice all evening. Cheers
Old 09-05-2017, 05:16 PM   #4
dafish

I just thought I would post that my property item box comes up on every session start when first loading Reaper, hit F2 and it goes away and behaves as per normal. Been going hard at it for two weeks and the system is pretty stable. Next job will be to load Reapack and see what goodies are in there.