Old 04-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
bigwoody
Human being with feelings

Default Time Stretch??

Can anyone describe how this feature works. I have two old tracks that were recorded on tape. Due to tape stretch they start out in sync, but by the time (no pun intended) I get toward the end of the song they are slightly out. Will the time stretch feature allow me to fix this???

Also, is there any way to take a track and play it backwards (like a guitar solo)??
bigwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
Leumas

yes.

presuming you have got the two tracks recorded into two mono channels, (making the assumption that the out of sync track is stretched and is therefore longer) you need to increase the play rate in media item properties (press F2 with the clip selected) so it matches your correct track.

However, you may need to adjust the pitch up slightly to bring it back to its original pitch due to stretching effects.

I hope this helps

PS I think reverse is an up and coming feature, though you can possibly do it with jesusonic, i'm not sure

Dave.
Leumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
bigwoody

Leumas, thanks for the answer, it is right on the money. Reaper continues to impress! Everytime I push it to do something there is a solution. No doubt the user docs and the UI to features like this will just keep getting better, but the underlying functionality is outstanding.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
fluffy

It might be easier to do it graphically. Line them up so that they start exactly the same (you may have to cut them, so that they do) then hang the cursor over the right edge of the one that needs to be timestretched (or compressed, as the case may be), and alt+drag to the desired length. This also stretches without changing pitch.

The timestretch in Reaper rocks, by the way.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:23 AM   #5
Leumas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy
It might be easier to do it graphically. Line them up so that they start exactly the same (you may have to cut them, so that they do) then hang the cursor over the right edge of the one that needs to be timestretched (or compressed, as the case may be), and alt+drag to the desired length. This also stretches without changing pitch.

The timestretch in Reaper rocks, by the way.

i didn't know you could do it that way! thats the way i would have done it

/runs off to alt+drag some stuff for fun

Dave.
Leumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #6
bigwoody

Default Blown away!!!

Man, I am running out of ways to praise your efforts. This software continues to amaze me at every turn. The time stretch is simply amazing!

Gimme a couple of more weeks and then hopefully I can start contributing to the forum vs always asking......