Old 04-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
D Rocks
Human being with feelings

Default How to Darken the Default 5.0 Theme please?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to follow the guides for theme tweaking and dug deep enough to be able to change custon colors and modifiy png images etc.

But I need to know how to make everything in the Default 5.0 theme simply be darker in general.

For an example of what I'd like - in a less intense way - Ive taken a screenshot when I check the "highlight selected color/images" in "Theme element finder". In darkens everything and gives much more contrast and feel better on the eyes.

I'd like to know how to darken the Default theme to my taste.

Please if you know how, let me know how you would do it. I've spent the day trying lots of stuff and can't find exactly how to solve this.
If it implies setting each color darker one by one, why is the highlight check box able to toggle this in one button clic?

Darkened: https://stash.reaper.fm/33288/2018-04-07.png

Normal: https://stash.reaper.fm/33289/2018-04-07%20%281%29.png

Thanks so much in advance

Last edited by D Rocks; 04-08-2018 at 04:59 AM.
D Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #2
Judders

You do have to change each theme element separately, but the good news is that there is already a dark version of the default theme, so this should speed the process of tweaking up for you: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=172024
Judders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
D Rocks

Thanks for your reply!

So if I use this Dark Theme the idea is to copy some elements from it as a guide line?

Was that your thought when saying it would speed up the process?

Id have to decompile it and compare the config right?
Old 04-08-2018, 02:30 AM   #4
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rocks View Post
Thanks for your reply!

So if I use this Dark Theme the idea is to copy some elements from it as a guide line?

Was that your thought when saying it would speed up the process?

Id have to decompile it and compare the config right?
No!

Just use it as a starting point, then use the theme tweaker to change anything you want, then save it as a theme with the theme tweaker.

Just checking: you are using the theme tweaker window, right?
Old 04-08-2018, 04:50 AM   #5
D Rocks

Thanks again!

Yeah Ive learned to use it quite alot its great. The only thing I cant find at all right now is the TCP label color. Id like it to be the brighter text element in the Arrange window and Mixer track name to stand out - but anything I changed dont affect the label/track name font color so it stays a weak gray color that blends too much. (I found the font option though but not color)

The other things I dont quite understand now is which image determine the background of media items/ tracks.

And how to tint the colors more intensely like my user defined choice. Id like it to not be whitened too much like it does. For example RED becomes pinky and pastel but Id like it to be more faithful to the defined RED.

I read a bunch about tinttcp in rtconfig.txt but am not sure.

Also in the Dark theme I really dont like the gradient background on tracks and media items which is why Id like to change the png but which ones??

Hehe lots of question here but hey... thanks for your help I really appreciate and learn alot on this topic

Last edited by D Rocks; 04-08-2018 at 04:56 AM.
D Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #6
Judders

Quote:
Thanks again!

Yeah Ive learned to use it quite alot its great. The only thing I cant find at all right now is the TCP label color. Id like it to be the brighter text element in the Arrange window and Mixer track name to stand out - but anything I changed dont affect the label/track name font color so it stays a weak gray color that blends too much. (I found the font option though but not color)

The other things I dont quite understand now is which image determine the background of media items/ tracks.

And how to tint the colors more intensely like my user defined choice. Id like it to not be whitened too much like it does. For example RED becomes pinky and pastel but Id like it to be more faithful to the defined RED.

I read a bunch about tinttcp in rtconfig.txt but am not sure.

Also in the Dark theme I really dont like the gradient background on tracks and media items which is why Id like to change the png but which ones??

Hehe lots of question here but hey... thanks for your help I really appreciate and learn alot on this topic
I'm glad I've been helpful so far, but you've reached the limit of my theme tweaking knowledge!

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in soon and answer your questions.

Good luck!
Old 04-08-2018, 07:11 AM   #7
D Rocks

Ok hehe Thanks Judders! Talk to you later
Old 04-08-2018, 07:20 AM   #8
solger

Quote:
The only thing I cant find at all right now is the TCP label color. Id like it to be the brighter text element in the Arrange window and Mixer track name to stand out - but anything I changed dont affect the label/track name font color so it stays a weak gray color that blends too much. (I found the font option though but not color)
You'll have to edit the rtconfig file then: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...47&postcount=3

And look for the following entries

- tcp.label.color (for the Track Panel)
- mcp.label.color (for the Mixer panel)

EDIT:

Quote:
The other things I dont quite understand now is which image determine the background of media items/ tracks...
... Also in the Dark theme I really dont like the gradient background on tracks and media items which is why Id like to change the png but which ones?? ...
If I remember correctly:

Media Item Background Images:
- item_bg.png
- item_bg_sel.png

In addition you can also check out the Theme Editor options for:
- Media Item background fill mode
- Media Item background (odd tracks)
- Media Item background (even tracks)

Can't remember right now if there are any images for the Track background. But, in general, you can try the Theme Editor options:
- Track background (odd tracks)
- Track background (even tracks)

Last edited by solger; 04-08-2018 at 07:44 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:18 AM   #9
D Rocks

Solger, thanks alot for your reply!

I will try the rtconfig trick you gave me.
And I now fully understand how to change the images.

For example: I'm manipulating the Session Mixer Control Panel images for unselected and selected track. I'm able to give it more itense colors by erasing the strenght of the gray overlay on different sections.

I'll give feedback after trying