Old 04-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
skateboardb
Human being with feelings

Default Plz Help

Im very sorry if im not in the correct forum... i am very passionate about making music, and have just stepped into the world of making music on the computer. I was asking around for what the best software/program was for me, and i was told several times that sony acid6 was best for me. As passionate and exited as i was to make some music i bought this 400 dollar software, not knowing what i was getting miself into...
I poked around, and after around an hour still couldnt even figure out how to make any sound... I couldnt even sample the grooves there in the groove pool. I have no idea what im doing at all, not a thing. The only thing similar to this that ive used is fruityloops... and i didnt even get the hang of that that well, it was easier, but im not good at either. I am very willing to learn, and have lots of time on my hand to do so. Please help me by showing me a good tutorial, walkthrough, or whatver you can do to help me on my way. Please help as soon as you can seeing at how much im looking forward to making some sounds. thank you so very much, B.
skateboardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
Jim Roseberry

DAW apps all have similar features...
Whatever audio app you choose to use, you're going to need to learn some fundamentals of recording/editing/mixing.
I'd highly recommend reading a hardcopy of your application's manual. Keep it with you while you experiment/learn how basic functions work.

Once you have a solid understanding/foundation, it's pretty easy to find your way around any DAW application.

Jim Roseberry
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com
Jim Roseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #3
skateboardb

thank you, but i bought it through the sony site where you download it off the internet, i dont have any hard copy of anything, and also, i checked and there arent any books on acid 6 for sale yet, so if you know any tutorials on the internet that would be very helpful, thanx.
skateboardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #4
Hedgehog

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateboardb
i bought it through the sony site where you download it off the internet
It's certainly spilt milk now but this is why one should download a demo (I believe there is a demo of Acid) or check out some free software before dropping hundreds of dollars on something that's a total unknown.

Why don't you get the manual off the Sony website?
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
randygo

1) Get the manual from the Sony download site.
2) Join the Sony support forum and post your questions there.

Cheers,

Randy
randygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:27 AM   #6
Leumas

Default *tongue in cheek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygo
1) Get the manual from the Sony download site.
2) Join the Sony support forum and post your questions there.

Cheers,

Randy
3) Download the special Reaper patch (available here http://www.cockos.com/reaper/download.php)
4) Download the special Reaper manual (available here http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732)
5) Enjoy
6) ...
7) Profit

Dave.
Leumas is offline   Reply With Quote