Old 06-12-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings

Default v5.50pre13 - June 12 2017

v5.50pre13 - June 12 2017
+ Envelopes: add option to prevent mouse edits of single envelope points from moving past other envelope points
# Automation items: fix edge points when creating automation items [p=1852874]
# Automation items: tweak marquee selection logic for automation items vs envelope points
# Envelopes: on generic delete action, delete selected automation items only if no envelope points are selected
# Envelopes: preserve ordering of points with the same time position while editing [p=1854001]
# vst3: do not return empty strings for track/take names, format default string

Full changelog - Latest pre-releases
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
+ Envelopes: add option to prevent mouse edits of single envelope points from moving past other envelope points[B]
Since the old default behavior is now optional, shouldn't this option be checked by default?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #3
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Since the old default behavior is now optional, shouldn't this option be checked by default?
+1

Preferences > Editing Behavior > Envelope Display > Prevent mouse edits... should be enabled by default so Reaper continues to work as it has in the past (IMO).
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:32 AM   #4
musicbynumbers

Quote:
+1

Preferences > Editing Behavior > Envelope Display > Prevent mouse edits... should be enabled by default so Reaper continues to work as it has in the past (IMO).
Sounds reasonable
Old 06-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
schwa
Administrator

The previous existing behavior was to prevent envelope points from moving past other points when snap is enabled, and allow moving past other points when snap is disabled.

Because the previous behavior was inconsistent, it's not clear whether the new option should be enabled or disabled by default. Doesn't really matter to me, honestly.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #6
jnif

Quote:
# Automation items: fix edge points when creating automation items [p=1852874]
In my opinion this fix makes "Insert automation item" behavior worse than before. In v5.50pre12 the action did not add any points to the underlying envelope. That was good. Now in v5.50pre13, the action adds points to the undelying envelope at AI edges. That makes this confusing and editing more difficult. For example, with "Connect to underlying envelope on: Both sides", editing the AI feels like it is not connected to the underlying envelope at all. You have to manually delete the added edge points from the underlying envelope to get the "connected behavior" back.

jnif
jnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #7
Sju

Quote:
+ Envelopes: add option to prevent mouse edits of single envelope points from moving past other envelope points
Nice! thanks!
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #8
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnif View Post
In my opinion this fix makes "Insert automation item" behavior worse than before. In v5.50pre12 the action did not add any points to the underlying envelope. That was good. Now in v5.50pre13, the action adds points to the undelying envelope at AI edges. That makes this confusing and editing more difficult. For example, with "Connect to underlying envelope on: Both sides", editing the AI feels like it is not connected to the underlying envelope at all. You have to manually delete the added edge points from the underlying envelope to get the "connected behavior" back.
Since inserting or drawing an automation item removes points from the underlying envelope (in order to put them into the automation item), adding edge points to the underlying envelope is needed or else the envelope playback changes. Maybe edge points should only be added if the automatic edge point connection preference does not implicitly create them.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:41 PM   #9
grayter1

Thank you for the full Console 1 support!!!!! Found out by accident while opening this version with Console 1 plugged in.

Thank you!

and let me add Thank You!

EDIT:

Major issues with it. skipping and stuttering audio, and loads of GUI problems - not with the plugin, but with Reaper itself.

tg
Mac Studio M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.3 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Keylab 61 mkII / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X / UVI Falcon

Last edited by grayter1; 06-12-2017 at 02:59 PM.
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #10
ovnis

Quote:
Great !

Is it possible to have the same kind of option when we move two points and more, please ?

Exemple :

ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #11
jnif

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Since inserting or drawing an automation item removes points from the underlying envelope (in order to put them into the automation item)
Maybe underlying envelope should be preserved (points not removed). With "Neither side" and "Right side" connection preference, it would probably feel quite natural to preserve underlying points. With "Both sides" connection preference, it might be better to remove the underlying points.

Quote:
, adding edge points to the underlying envelope is needed or else the envelope playback changes.
If edge points are not added to the underlying envelope and underlying envelope is preserved, the envelope playback would change only with "Right side" connection preference. I think that would be quite intuitive. When "Right side" preference is used, the user wants to have the "latching behavior" on the envelope on the right side of AI. Adding right side edge point to the underlying envelope prevents the latching.

Quote:
Maybe edge points should only be added if the automatic edge point connection preference does not implicitly create them.
Or preserve the underlying envelope as explained above.
It might feel more predictable and consistent. For example inserting or drawing new AIs would feel more similar to copying and moving existing AIs.

jnif
jnif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #12
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post
Thank you for the full Console 1 support!!!!! Found out by accident while opening this version with Console 1 plugged in.

Thank you!

EDIT:

Major issues with it. skipping and stuttering audio, and loads of GUI problems - not with the plugin, but with Reaper itself.

tg
We finally decided to purchase a Console 1 MKII because I saw a lot of work from Cockos to support it during the past weeks. We're still weeks away from having it here with us, though. I can contribute as much as I can with testing if Cockos needs it. Hopefully the development will continue further.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #13
Stevie

Some of vsts doesn't work at current version (dmg audio - limitless in my case)

i'm back to 5.40 and it's fine

Last edited by Stevie; 06-13-2017 at 01:54 AM.
Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #14
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
I just tested DMG limitless vst3 in 5.50pre13 and it seems OK. What specifically isn't working?
Old 06-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #15
Robert Randolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
Great !

Is it possible to have the same kind of option when we move two points and more, please ?

Exemple :

I think this is probably more useful than the single points option.

+1 from me.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:09 AM   #16
EvilDragon

Single points option is definitely very useful as far as I'm concerned.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #17
Stevie

Quote:
I just tested DMG limitless vst3 in 5.50pre13 and it seems OK. What specifically isn't working?
it's vst2

https://yadi.sk/i/UNgzGDSa3K674u here is screenshot, i dont understand what happend at all, so excuse me,
but sws just cant affect the vst2 right ? it's different kinds of problem.
btw! at 5.50pre 12 everything was fine, maybe it will help
Old 06-13-2017, 09:53 AM   #18
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Single points option is definitely very useful as far as I'm concerned.
Yep. Personal working habits, but I never expect a single point to pass another when moving it. Quite contrary, I trust that the other point works as the final stop if I want to push against it.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #19
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Yep. Personal working habits, but I never expect a single point to pass another when moving it. Quite contrary, I trust that the other point works as the final stop if I want to push against it.
Indeed. That's what I'd expect as well.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:06 AM   #20
Stevie

Quote:
it's vst2

https://yadi.sk/i/UNgzGDSa3K674u here is screenshot, i dont understand what happend at all, so excuse me,
but sws just cant affect the vst2 right ? it's different kinds of problem.
btw! at 5.50pre 12 everything was fine, maybe it will help
oops that's was my fault, sorry everything fine
Old 06-14-2017, 08:25 AM   #21
Harpo Calypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayter1 View Post

Thank you!

EDIT:

tg
It´s working here as it should.
Including DAW-Mode. Awesome!
Only the MASTER Channel has to be manually rearranged (because: No Track Number)
No GUI or Audio problems so far.
Harpo Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:46 PM   #22
Sju

Quote:

i'm back to 5.40 and it's fine
Try closing Reaper and then reopening the project. Sometimes some effects randomly fail to load, especially if you're opening a project on top of a previous one. It gives and error message that the effects are not available. (maybe this was what happened?)

This is some weird bug that has been present for a while now. (pre12 here, might've happened even earlier iirc)

EDIT: Just saw your screenshot. That's exactly the error message I was talking about, except that I think get it without the SWS part. I'm not sure if SWS has anything to do with it.
Sju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:31 AM   #23
Stevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sju View Post
Try closing Reaper and then reopening the project. Sometimes some effects randomly fail to load, especially if you're opening a project on top of a previous one. It gives and error message that the effects are not available. (maybe this was what happened?)

This is some weird bug that has been present for a while now. (pre12 here, might've happened even earlier iirc)

EDIT: Just saw your screenshot. That's exactly the error message I was talking about, except that I think get it without the SWS part. I'm not sure if SWS has anything to do with it.
no-no-no, everything fine mate, thanks, i was setup x32 instead of x64, my fail
Old 06-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #24
Reflected

I was wondering if Justin is on vaction these days?
there used to be much more updates in the past :P
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote