Old 03-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
Soundplane
Human being with feelings

Default Smart AV Tango as controller

Hi there. Does anyone have an idea if it's possible to use the Tango 1 with Reaper? Tango 1 can control Protools via HUI protocoI, but I am afraid it needs an additional Smart AV software inbetween. I just discovered this wonderful and amazing Reaper. I would switch from Pyramix, a much more expensive program to Reaper, if there were a possibility to use my beloved Tango 1.
Soundplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:18 AM   #2
LugNut

Hi,
Not familiar with that unit, but am familiar with hui in reaper. Hui is supported in reaper but its just the basics.
The MCU protocol is supported in reaper with basics and there is an extention called Klinkes csurf which adds much.
I used a middle ware software called bomes midi translator pro to convert all hui to MCU bidirectionaly. Its very cool.

Hope this helps.

Guido
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
LugNut

Hi,
Very cool controller! I wish you luck. And sorry to hear about the company.
Avid not caring about people...shocking:-) maybe they just need to do they're biyearly shake down of their customer base.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:08 AM   #4
Soundplane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Hi,
Not familiar with that unit, but am familiar with hui in reaper. Hui is supported in reaper but its just the basics.
The MCU protocol is supported in reaper with basics and there is an extention called Klinkes csurf which adds much.
I used a middle ware software called bomes midi translator pro to convert all hui to MCU bidirectionaly. Its very cool.

Hope this helps.

Guido
Thanks for your answer, Lognut. he controller I am using works via network (LAN). Is there a possibility to connect Reaper via LAN using the Klinke Extension?
Soundplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundplane View Post
Thanks for your answer, Lognut. he controller I am using works via network (LAN). Is there a possibility to connect Reaper via LAN using the Klinke Extension?
Hi,
Im not sure. I heard that the newer versions of bomes midi translator pro supports serial ports and Ethernet. If I'm not mistaken.
Also, theres a thread in the developer forum called digidesign control 24 thoughts. There has been serious progress there recently. And the authors say it was designed to handle more than just that unit. It uses network connections also.