Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 08-11-2021, 12:47 AM   #81
Gass n Klang
Human being with feelings

I need to change the default template to the needs of my band. How to remove tracks? Haha even as an experienced reaper user this thing feels like a new DAW for me. Would be so cool to have some tutorial videos from start to end.

One more thing: Does loopback routing allow midi routing, too? I need to create some tracks that send midi information to external gear. I wonder if I should route the midi direct out from every project or via the routing tab.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:22 AM   #82
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
I need to change the default template to the needs of my band. How to remove tracks? Haha even as an experienced reaper user this thing feels like a new DAW for me. Would be so cool to have some tutorial videos from start to end.

One more thing: Does loopback routing allow midi routing, too? I need to create some tracks that send midi information to external gear. I wonder if I should route the midi direct out from every project or via the routing tab.
The template is “Song.RPP” in the project template folder. Give the default another name and make yours the default.

Make sure you leave the “Structure“ track, “QsMaster” and “ClickMaster” folders intact in the template.
Also, make sure the template; AudioRouting.RPP is compatible with it.

I don’t know of any internal MIDI routing. If you’re on Mac, use the IAC Driver.

I have a whole bunch of videos in the making. I’m sorry I’m just very busy at the moment.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:27 AM   #83
Gass n Klang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexaproductions View Post
I have a whole bunch of videos in the making. I’m sorry I’m just very busy at the moment.
hell yeah, I'm very (!!!) looking forward to this.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:50 PM   #84
Gass n Klang

any news here?
Old 10-14-2021, 02:42 AM   #85
Jesta

Question Adding a Bass buss

This looks almost perfect for me to start using except for one thing. I found it surprising that there doesn't seem to be a separate routing for BASS. I've tried to work out how to add it myself, but I can't seem to do it without breaking something else! Can somebody please walk me through it (or maybe even update the template with a bass channel)? Any help greatly appreciated.
Jesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 10:38 AM   #86
Gass n Klang

I'm also waiting for a walkthrough. I'd really like to use it for my band but I have to decide within the next weeks which way to take.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:48 AM   #87
hb80

Would really like to give this a go but dropbox is empty? Does anyone have an alternative link? Thanks!
hb80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 08:45 PM   #88
lexaproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesta View Post
This looks almost perfect for me to start using except for one thing. I found it surprising that there doesn't seem to be a separate routing for BASS. I've tried to work out how to add it myself, but I can't seem to do it without breaking something else! Can somebody please walk me through it (or maybe even update the template with a bass channel)? Any help greatly appreciated.
You need to setup and extra track in the Audio Routing tab with its own Loopback bus assignment.
Then in your song, you setup the Bass Buss with the same assignements. You then save both the Audio routing and the song as template over the ones that are currently there.
lexaproductions is offline   Reply With Quote