Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 10-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #41
ShoreSound
Human being with feelings

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have fixed my only major issue with the Imperial Theme - you brought back the indented track folders (I never could get the colored lights to indicate folders to be useful for me). I can't wait to install this theme (not at my recording computer right now).

My only other issue I didn't know was an issue until I started using a different theme that indented - the presence of envelope buttons on the TCP. Does one of your variants for the TCP swap out the input selector for the envelope button (that way I can switch that one thing out when I move from recording to mixing)?

Thanks again, Rob
ShoreSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #42
ShoreSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoreSound View Post
My only other issue I didn't know was an issue until I started using a different theme that indented - the presence of envelope buttons on the TCP. Does one of your variants for the TCP swap out the input selector for the envelope button (that way I can switch that one thing out when I move from recording to mixing)?
All right, so I've installed the theme and it's beautiful - the tracks indent! I've played with the various layouts and I'm curious if the TCP option "Automator" should have the envelope button I mentioned above?

Actually, I love on "Swiper's Delight" that the input options are only visible when a track is record armed. Could that layout be modified such that the Envelope button is visible by default, but it switches to the Input selector when the track is armed?

Also, in Automator, the daughter tracks in a folder don't have the FX bin button any more. It's still on the MCP, so it's not a big deal, but I don't think it should disappear when the track is moved into a folder.

Again, thanks for your great edits to WT's most beautiful theme, and I hope I have inspired you to tackle these minor modifications.

Thanks again, Rob
Old 10-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #43
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
Hi,

I'm using the dark version. I've attached a screenshot of the bottom of the MIDI editor window. The checkbox for key snap is almost invisible. Same situation in the track send/receive window.

I did find a parameter to make the window background darker, so that solved it for me.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and thanks for this gorgeous theme!
You're welcome!
Glad you got it fixed.

It's odd though, are you using a light color for your system text?
It looks like this for me:

::
Attached Images
File Type: png LCS_Imperial_MIDI_Window.png (14.8 KB, 118 views)
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:31 AM   #44
lucas_LCS

Quote:
All right, so I've installed the theme and it's beautiful - the tracks indent! I've played with the various layouts and I'm curious if the TCP option "Automator" should have the envelope button I mentioned above?
It does for me unless you have the TCP set very narrow.
If that's the case your best bet is the Automator "ShortName" layout.

Quote:
Actually, I love on "Swiper's Delight" that the input options are only visible when a track is record armed. Could that layout be modified such that the Envelope button is visible by default, but it switches to the Input selector when the track is armed?
yes, but depends on where you want it.
I'm guessing you want in the current position of the recinput.
you will need the change the code for the layout.

Quote:
Also, in Automator, the daughter tracks in a folder don't have the FX bin button any more. It's still on the MCP, so it's not a big deal, but I don't think it should disappear when the track is moved into a folder.
I don't see this behavior unless the panel is very thin, causing the recinput to disappear.
The FXin is dependent on the recinput being there, both are set to disappear unless the track is armed.
changing this behavior will require editing the layout code and likely need image changes as well.

Quote:
Again, thanks for your great edits to WT's most beautiful theme, and I hope I have inspired you to tackle these minor modifications.

Thanks again, Rob
Thank you, but I have no plans to modify the theme any further.
The only updates from this point will be to add new features that have been introduced to keep it current with Reaper.

The envelope mod is fairly simple once you understand how WALTER works.
I suggest making a simple theme to learn the mechanics, then you'll be able to make tweaks like that to any theme.

You might also want to take a look at LCS_BlueCore and LCS_BlueTone-6 which have their roots in Imperial's 'Dead Ringer' layout.
see links for them in my signature below.

::
Attached Images
File Type: png LCS_Imperial_TCP_env.png (7.0 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 10-24-2020 at 05:29 PM.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #45
PMan

@lucas_LCS: You're right, I am using a light color for the system text. I'm using a dark desktop theme, which displays light text on a dark background. It never occurred to me that it would affect the way applications look.

Adjusting the window background of the Reaper theme fixes it though.

Thanks again for this wonderful theme!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #46
ShoreSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
It does for me unless you have the TCP set very narrow.
Sure enough, when I expanded the TCP everything showed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
You might also want to take a look at LCS_BlueCore and LCS_BlueTone-6 which have their roots in Imperial's 'Dead Ringer' layout.
see links for them in my signature below.
Thanks - BlueTone-6 looks like it might be a winner. I'll experiment with it for a while and see if it speaks to me...