Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-12-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
musicmashane
Human being with feelings

Default Idea to improve SWS Snapshots even more

Hi all!

Some users just pointed me to SWS 'Snapshots' and it was exactly what I was looking for. However I have an idea and suggestion.

First of all, I would like to see this concept made in a way that can apply to tracks individually, instead of affecting all tracks from one project to another etc.

Secondly, if there is some way to turn off specific effects so they will not be affected/added/or taken away upon using snapshots.

Why this is important? Take Melodyne vocal tuner software and the concept of an 'FX Chain' in Reaper.

Melodyne is essentially another FX sitting there. If you remove it from the track you lose it. If you save it as part of a chain it will always load with that chain.

What if Snapshots could pull up a menu of all FX in a chain, and provide a checkbox that when unchecking means it will not copy this FX from the source track, nor replace it it in the destination track.

I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard that would be. But I thought the idea might be nice and if it seems feasible might add a pretty cool feature!

For now the most I can take advantage of Snapshots is to copy all the track info (volume, pan etc) but have to uncheck 'FX Chains' because one projects copy of 'Melodyne' will want to port over to the other project. So I still have to manually add FX Chains.
musicmashane is offline   Reply With Quote