Old 09-03-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
mpl
Human being with feelings

Default Script Requests for a reasonable $$$

Hi. There are a lot of clever guys here ready to help anyone for free. However, then spend their time, and time is money. Most guys have donation link, but trust me, donations are so small it doesn`t fit quantity of knowledges and time needed for writing even small piece of code. There are already tons of helpful info and scripts, most of them shared in ReaPack. You can always post your question into Script Request Sticky, but I doubt you`ll get fast responce (or even willn`t) until someone ready to help you will be enough motivated.

I suggest to post here script requests you want badly so you get ready to pay some cash for it. The format is like:
Quote:
Description: what script should does in as more details as possible. This waaay increase speed of writing a script. Exclude words like "specific FX", "some track" - use instead "focused FX", "track with name X" and so on. The request shouldn`t be abstract, otherwise you need to point what variable you want to be editable. If the desription is very big, simply add a link to the thread or post with request. Please, DONT attach big screenshots/images, it is impossible to read page with REAPER 3 forum theme, thanks.
Suggested payment: $1-$200. Payments over $10 will be sticked to the first post. You must have email or forum PM opened so if someone ready to help you, he can send you paypal info or other way of online payment. If you change your payment from $1-9 to $10+, PM me so I`ll stick it.
Status: active / done. If you get new stuff written personally for you, please find your post and edit your request status so people know you don`t need a script anymore
To scripters:
1) you can share stuff right here OR send to guy who ask by email or private message OR share with ReaPack
2) if you get payment, please quote original request and post here that you did the job

Last edited by mpl; 09-03-2019 at 10:16 PM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:02 AM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Great idea!

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:38 AM   #3
mschnell

I think extending the concept might be even more viable:

There should be a group of "Reaper Certified Consultants" who are able to provide payed support for those who are in danger to get lost, and who are able to provide especially tailored scripts (and themes, and CSI configuration files, ...) on request.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:09 AM   #4
X-Raym

Stimulating payements of scripters works is very nice considering the vast amount of work they shared already for free.

Though for custom dev request, I prefer to be contacted by email directly from my website, so I can discuss, elaborate, negotiate etc, and keep tracks of conversation.
If the user makes direct contact they we (scripters) are less concurent than with public FR where we could argue on price between each others (and user will always peak the lowest).
With direct contact, users are looking for fast, precise answers and a more personnal relationship than with public request.

However, I encourage any person willing to propose requests in this thread to do it for mpl. It is hard to find new ideas to valorize our work so I wont undermine any initiative.

Quote:
There should be a group of "Reaper Certified Consultants"
Sure if someone could sponsor that, it could be nice.

Last edited by X-Raym; 09-04-2019 at 05:08 AM.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #5
Dafarkias

Maybe Justin would consider hiring some of the rockstar coders in this forum, considering how much positive publicity/marketing, exposure and they've injected into the REAPER community.

A lot of the work you guys have done has increased the fanbase of REAPER*. Logically, this would increase the company's gross income in one way, shape, or form.

Something to chaw on...

(I'm not referring to myself ^^^ I'm a casual sub-par quality coder)

*I feel qualified to say this, because this is one major aspects of REAPER that reeled me in.

Support my feature request!
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #6
Thonex

I would definitely consider being a customer even though I code 95% of the edge case scripts I need. Why do I code them when I know you guys could probably code faster than I type English? Because I actually enjoy it. LOL But I’m not anywhere in your league for Reascriping.

Great idea!
Old 09-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafarkias View Post
Maybe Justin would consider hiring ...
I don't suppose Justin is interested in doing any additional management job.

I suppose someone liking to do such a kind of management would need to stand up saying something like "I want to organize such a group, doing the management and the incoices ! Everybody allowing me to keep 20 % of the money made in that way."

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote