Old 10-18-2016, 05:06 AM   #121
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4uk View Post
Was just about to report that minor issue of knobs moving ever so slightly no need to now then you fixed it already

It bugged me because not all knobs did it - but it depended on the length of the text strings - which were'nt being rounded properly. Are you able to test that this is fixed for me?
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:10 AM   #122
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
In my case, it is the MIDI note values that interest me. With a dialog box that's easier and faster than a knob
I'm a little confused again as to what you mean - sorry. MIDI note values? Setting a knob's value using anything other than a number between 0 and 1 is not possible (eg you would be typing 0.0234533432 - for 100 (yes I made that up - but just to explain the problem)). Is that really going to be quicker? It is not possible to just type 100 - and the value gets set to 100.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:13 AM   #123
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post

Do you mean you would prefer the 1234 page selectors to be always visible? That would be possible.
Yes !!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:17 AM   #124
lb0

Quote:
Yes !!
haha - ok - will sort soon.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:18 AM   #125
4x4uk

Quote:

It bugged me because not all knobs did it - but it depended on the length of the text strings - which were'nt being rounded properly. Are you able to test that this is fixed for me?

I will test as soon as I get hope later today and your right not every knob did it
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:26 AM   #126
lb0

Quote:
Yes !!
Ok - new version where page selectors are always visible on top bar.

Could you please check this is what you wanted. Thanks,
Old 10-18-2016, 05:26 AM   #127
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
I'm a little confused again as to what you mean - sorry. MIDI note values? Setting a knob's value using anything other than a number between 0 and 1 is not possible (eg you would be typing 0.0234533432 - for 100 (yes I made that up - but just to explain the problem)). Is that really going to be quicker? It is not possible to just type 100 - and the value gets set to 100.

to control a set of Reasamplomatic 5K, a box to enter the receiving MIDI note is easier to use than a knob. On my Gif, look at the knobs "notes start" and "end note"
Old 10-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #128
lb0

Quote:
I will test as soon as I get hope later today and your right not every knob did it
cheers!
Old 10-18-2016, 05:30 AM   #129
lb0

Quote:

to control a set of Reasamplomatic 5K, a box to enter the receiving MIDI note is easier to use than a knob. On my Gif, look at the knobs "notes start" and "end note"
Ok - I do understand what you mean - but I don't think it is possible from outside of the plugin itself.
Old 10-18-2016, 05:31 AM   #130
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
Ok - new version where page selectors are always visible on top bar.

Could you please check this is what you wanted. Thanks,
you are great !!!!
Old 10-18-2016, 06:46 AM   #131
4x4uk

well just done a quick test using the same layout I had before with and there is no 1 pixel jumping of the buttons anymore.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:53 AM   #132
lb0

Quote:
well just done a quick test using the same layout I had before with and there is no 1 pixel jumping of the buttons anymore.
Good to know Thanks for testing.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:58 AM   #133
4x4uk

your more than welcome
Old 10-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #134
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Knowing this is in early beta ... and working very well ...

A question of numeric readout. While I can appreciate the accuracy of multi decimal places, might it be possible to provide an option to choose the number of decimal places ? This would help with the display and readability.

Ok - new version has an extra max dp option (within ctl options). left click to increase allowed decimal places (up to 3), right-click to reduce. It works by extracting any number from the value string - adapting it as per your setting - then placing back into the string - so it's not super efficient - but works well for me. Obviously - if there is no number within the value string - then it just leaves it untouched.

Let me know if this works for you, and if you find any bugs with it. I guess it will have unwanted results if there are more than one set of digits in the string - but that's probably pretty unusual for a parameter value.

Cheers,
Old 10-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #135
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Can you please post the link of the github in the first post or set it to your signature,hard time finding it
Sorry - missed this will do...
Old 10-18-2016, 04:31 PM   #136
RJHollins

Will DL and check out number formatting .... THX !

[having a link in your SIG would be helpful]
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #137
NextLevel

Quote:
Thanks,

1) Yep this would be possible and quite easy - although could also be achieved already by creating an 'invisible' png - ie - all transparent. I would possibly suggest this over adding a setting to hide the image - because it could get confusing if you hit the option by accident and suddenly a load of the knobs disappear. Also - not adding extra logic would be preferable as I would assume this would be fairly uncommon usage. Will need to have a ponder as to what would be best.
The transparent png sounds like a fine solution, I'll give it a try.

Thanks
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #138
NextLevel

Quote:
Hi all,

New update to the LBX Stripper.lua file.

Added ability to multi select fx parameters from the parameter list (use Ctrl to select more than one parameter) - and drag to grid.
Wow that was fast..., thank you!
NextLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #139
hopi

OK then... just got the lua and starting to play with it...

wondering about some manner of dividers... say a simple line? so that if we have several FX on page 1 we could also see a line between the knobs for each one??? Possible?
Old 10-18-2016, 06:38 PM   #140
RJHollins

I've been holding back request for things like Lines, Rectangular Outlines, and Text, for designing a GUI.

But I sure hope that that would be possible !

I was looking through the LUA text file ... WOW ... a lot of work has gone into this already. AMAZING. And it is something that I would use all the time [heavy, heavy NEBULA user].

There is an A/B script for Reaper, [TBAudio ???] AB Level Matching JSFX, that I use constantly for GAIN STAGING throughout my FX Chain. It would be incredible to have access to this from STRIPPER to monitor and adjust each plugin OUTPUT. [hopeful wishing] along with several other idea/functions that would be so workflow useful. Where this beta is now is really really nice !

[set up a DONATE page, and I'm IN]

Sincerely ... Thank-You
Old 10-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #141
RJHollins

Script ERROR

Just tried the very latest LUA script, loading a previous eq layout give an script error message:

"Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:1662: attempt to compare number with nil"

Clicking CLOSE ends the script, leaving only the plugin chain loaded. Stripper gone.

ALSO ... the wrong number of plugins get loaded. [i think 6 instead of 3] Not sure cause I went back to previous script
and all worked correctly.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #142
hopi

lbo... what is the rule for adding our own knobs? I put a couple in the LBXCS resources\knobfiles folder but they don't show up in GUI... do I need to add them somewhere in the lua text?
Old 10-19-2016, 12:06 AM   #143
lb0

Quote:
Script ERROR

Just tried the very latest LUA script, loading a previous eq layout give an script error message:

"Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:1662: attempt to compare number with nil"

Clicking CLOSE ends the script, leaving only the plugin chain loaded. Stripper gone.

ALSO ... the wrong number of plugins get loaded. [i think 6 instead of 3] Not sure cause I went back to previous script
and all worked correctly.
Ok - sorry -

Quick (less efficient) fix in latest version. Will properly fix later.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:07 AM   #144
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
lbo... what is the rule for adding our own knobs? I put a couple in the LBXCS resources\knobfiles folder but they don't show up in GUI... do I need to add them somewhere in the lua text?
Hey Hopi,

Put them in the Controls folder. Then add the necessary .knb files for each control you add. Just look in the folder for examples. It's dead easy and takes about 20 secs per control.

The knobfiles folder is just my knobman files for editing my knobs. Thought I'd share them.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:26 AM   #145
lb0

Quote:
I've been holding back request for things like Lines, Rectangular Outlines, and Text, for designing a GUI.

But I sure hope that that would be possible !

I was looking through the LUA text file ... WOW ... a lot of work has gone into this already. AMAZING. And it is something that I would use all the time [heavy, heavy NEBULA user].

There is an A/B script for Reaper, [TBAudio ???] AB Level Matching JSFX, that I use constantly for GAIN STAGING throughout my FX Chain. It would be incredible to have access to this from STRIPPER to monitor and adjust each plugin OUTPUT. [hopeful wishing] along with several other idea/functions that would be so workflow useful. Where this beta is now is really really nice !

[set up a DONATE page, and I'm IN]

Sincerely ... Thank-You
I use this also - and as far as I can tell - it works fine with Stripper. Have you downloaded the latest resource file - the one with the meter controls in it... (although the numeric readouts are probably more important).
Old 10-19-2016, 12:29 AM   #146
RJHollins

Quote:
Ok - sorry -

Quick (less efficient) fix in latest version. Will properly fix later.
Got a different Script Error now.
"Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:1410: attempt to compare nil with number"

Just wanted to notify. Will go back to previous working script until then.

thx
Old 10-19-2016, 12:34 AM   #147
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
OK then... just got the lua and starting to play with it...

wondering about some manner of dividers... say a simple line? so that if we have several FX on page 1 we could also see a line between the knobs for each one??? Possible?
Well there is the whole graphics edit section - which allows you to load images and place them behind the controls - these can be any size. So if you were dedicated enough - you could recreate your favourite hardware look etc. This would also cope with lines/boxes etc.

Perhaps I just need to make the graphics scalable - then you can make divider lines pngs and just shorten and adjust them to suit.

If I need to add draggable boxes etc - then maybe - but that's a whole extra level of drawing to use up CPU (not a lot - but I'm trying to keep this as efficient as possible - as it's Lua and won't be as efficient as say JS or even EEL). I sometimes max my CPU out in my projects - so I don't want Stripper using up too much.

Also - I hate the rounded rectangle in Lua - it's truly awful - and depending on the size of the rectangle - the bottom of the arc doesn't always line up with the bottom line. I'm sure I can work out what sizes work - but it looks crap if you get it wrong (you'll notice it when you select controls in edit mode). Will have a think what I can do...
Old 10-19-2016, 12:43 AM   #148
lb0

Quote:
Got a different Script Error now.
"Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:1410: attempt to compare nil with number"

Just wanted to notify. Will go back to previous working script until then.

thx
Sorry 'bout that - it's quite hard keeping compatibility with older versions when you're adding new common settings.

I've uploaded another quick fix before work... hopefully this might sort it - otherwise just keep with the one that works for the mo. The new version will be fine for new projects though.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:03 AM   #149
RJHollins

Understood ... and can fully appreciate that beta versions will likely break backward compatibility.

To that ... it may be helpful to us if a incremental version number was added to the filenames. Several of the LUA text all had the same V numbers.

I'm not trying to be trouble :| but I do want to help as much as I can. This is a much welcomed/needed concept that you have in development.

Due to beta ... I'm not going crazy designing custom GUI's. [yet]. Addition graphics control would be important in that. The ability to scale or size graphic elements and have user TEXT available for custom labeling would be welcomed.

As a thought, as only You know the inside design concept and internal structure, maybe we should mindful that compatibility is at risk UNTIL you state otherwise [and maybe that be subject to revision].

onward to testing before needed sleep !
Old 10-19-2016, 01:10 AM   #150
RJHollins

... back from quick test. Still getting an ERROR:

"Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:5802: bad argument #4 to 'SetProjExtState' (string expected, got nil)"

I'll revert back for now. I know this is not the most important fix, its minor in the scheme of things. Just glad that it's been considered, and will wait till it can get attention at the proper time.

Reverting ... and then to bed for muuwahh.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:11 AM   #151
lb0

Quote:
Understood ... and can fully appreciate that beta versions will likely break backward compatibility.

To that ... it may be helpful to us if a incremental version number was added to the filenames. Several of the LUA text all had the same V numbers.

I'm not trying to be trouble :| but I do want to help as much as I can. This is a much welcomed/needed concept that you have in development.

Due to beta ... I'm not going crazy designing custom GUI's. [yet]. Addition graphics control would be important in that. The ability to scale or size graphic elements and have user TEXT available for custom labeling would be welcomed.

As a thought, as only You know the inside design concept and internal structure, maybe we should mindful that compatibility is at risk UNTIL you state otherwise [and maybe that be subject to revision].

onward to testing before needed sleep !
I think I put a compatibility disclaimer in the readme on github. Will reiterate also on the first post here.

Yep - due to time restrictions and the speed of development - I've not been updating the version numbers. Will try to keep up with this in the future...
Old 10-19-2016, 01:18 AM   #152
lb0

Quote:
... back from quick test. Still getting an ERROR:

"Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:5802: bad argument #4 to 'SetProjExtState' (string expected, got nil)"

I'll revert back for now. I know this is not the most important fix, its minor in the scheme of things. Just glad that it's been considered, and will wait till it can get attention at the proper time.

Reverting ... and then to bed for muuwahh.
pesky nil value - anyway - that one should also now be fixed. Hopefully the last one for that bit of code. Thing is - I tried the change last night on my existing project and it ran fine. But maybe that's because I know a certain way of running things to ensure it works ok when running a new version. If I realise anything in particular will let you know... Thanks for putting up with the errors!
Old 10-19-2016, 01:30 AM   #153
RJHollins

Can't sleep ... [again]

absolute no apologies needed !

I also can confirm that testing ones work is sometimes dubious. It's like proof-reading a document we've written. A new eye finds the misspells embarrassingly quick. [obviously I'm older than spell-check ... hmm, now I feel old AND a bit tired :|

thx
Old 10-19-2016, 01:39 AM   #154
lb0

Quote:
Can't sleep ... [again]

absolute no apologies needed !

I also can confirm that testing ones work is sometimes dubious. It's like proof-reading a document we've written. A new eye finds the misspells embarrassingly quick. [obviously I'm older than spell-check ... hmm, now I feel old AND a bit tired :|

thx
haha - I've only just got up for the day but feel as if I have had no sleep as my youngest (3 months) was up most of the night :/

Anyway - a proper final fix has been uploaded - I'd missed th ebit where you drag new strips to the control surface - so those would still have been importing with nil values. Actually - if I had fixed that one first - none of the other fixes would have been required - d'oh - too early for me.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:40 AM   #155
RJHollins

OK ... I promise this is the last for me tonite.

The very latest LUA is now running [previous design].

There is one minor issue [sorry] ...

Returning a KNOB to DEFAULT [say a GAIN knob to zero], the numeric display does not always refresh [show default value] using [CNTRL-CLK]. Now, sometimes it DOES show the correct value [returning to default]. Seems to be random.

The random error SEEMS to happen when the Mouse arrow is in the center of the KNOB, if so, the Value does not refresh correctly ... hmmmmm

CORRECTION: If the mouse is NOT moved after changing and knob, then a CNTRL-CLK, then the value does NOT update. [hope that makes sense]

Thanks again ... Good Nite
Old 10-19-2016, 01:57 AM   #156
lb0

Quote:
OK ... I promise this is the last for me tonite.

The very latest LUA is now running [previous design].

There is one minor issue [sorry] ...

Returning a KNOB to DEFAULT [say a GAIN knob to zero], the numeric display does not always refresh [show default value] using [CNTRL-CLK]. Now, sometimes it DOES show the correct value [returning to default]. Seems to be random.

The random error SEEMS to happen when the Mouse arrow is in the center of the KNOB, if so, the Value does not refresh correctly ... hmmmmm

CORRECTION: If the mouse is NOT moved after changing and knob, then a CNTRL-CLK, then the value does NOT update. [hope that makes sense]

Thanks again ... Good Nite
Ok - I will look into this. I'm not experiencing this problem in my tests (only with ReaEQ so far). May I ask what plugin you are using?

How are you changing the knob if you are not moving the mouse? Or do you mean the mouse doesn't clear the knob graphic - you then stop moving the mouse and ctrl-click the control to reset to default? If so - I still can't get this behaviour. Any chance of a screen shot to see how your strip is set up? Thanks.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:07 AM   #157
lb0

Quote:
Ok - I will look into this. I'm not experiencing this problem in my tests (only with ReaEQ so far). May I ask what plugin you are using?

How are you changing the knob if you are not moving the mouse? Or do you mean the mouse doesn't clear the knob graphic - you then stop moving the mouse and ctrl-click the control to reset to default? If so - I still can't get this behaviour. Any chance of a screen shot to see how your strip is set up? Thanks.
Ok - I know you've gone to bed - but a few more questions for when you're next around.

Did this still happen before I added the max decimal places code? Also - does the knob graphic update ok - just not the numeric value display?
Old 10-19-2016, 02:36 AM   #158
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veto View Post
Hi lbo,
I'm running both Chaos Engine and Stripper on linux (native) and as long as no SWS exported functions are involved, everything seems to work perfect at the Lua side (the font of some Chaos Engine controls was a bit too large, but that’s no biggie and I guess its because there are no MS fonts installed on Ubuntu, like f.e. Calibri, so it defaults to some other, bigger font).

Other than that here's a small bug with Stripper I encountered: I know I couldn’t be more odd out, that's why I'm hoping for reproducibility on other systems

By locking the control window height (X is set to unlocked) to a relatively large value, larger than my actual window height, I'm getting graphical glitches in strip-editing mode. F.e. by dragging a control to the lower region of the window, like the trash.
See screenshot here.

I also have the same issue like swiiscompos of not being able to dock the window by right-clicking the window. But after forcing it to dock by editing the code, everything works fine on close/reopen.

Keep up the great work and thank you so much!
V
Oooh - you've opened up a can of worms there...

Will look into the problems with the locking screen size bigger than window - can confirm it glitches for me too. It's mainly only the CTL OPTIONS gets left behind at the bottom because it never gets drawn over until you change edit modes.

I think the main issue is with the positioning vertically of the visible strip.

Linux eh - well good to know it's working . I used to run and program in an ancient version of Linux (Red Hat 2 or 3 or something - back in early 90s). I had to manually recompile the kernel just to get the sound card working...

You can tweak the font by searching in the code for gui.fontname = 'Calibri'. You may also be able to change the fontsize (where I've not overriden the default size). There is already code to tweak the size for Macs - I guess it would be easy to do the same for Linux - only I don't know what to tweak it to - not having Linux installed here). If you find any value that works better for you - I will add it to the code.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:45 AM   #159
lb0

Quote:
Oooh - you've opened up a can of worms there...

Will look into the problems with the locking screen size bigger than window - can confirm it glitches for me too. It's mainly only the CTL OPTIONS gets left behind at the bottom because it never gets drawn over until you change edit modes.

I think the main issue is with the positioning vertically of the visible strip.

Linux eh - well good to know it's working . I used to run and program in an ancient version of Linux (Red Hat 2 or 3 or something - back in early 90s). I had to manually recompile the kernel just to get the sound card working...

You can tweak the font by searching in the code for gui.fontname = 'Calibri'. You may also be able to change the fontsize (where I've not overriden the default size). There is already code to tweak the size for Macs - I guess it would be easy to do the same for Linux - only I don't know what to tweak it to - not having Linux installed here). If you find any value that works better for you - I will add it to the code.
Ok the problem with locked size bigger than window size should now be fixed.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:05 AM   #160
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiiscompos View Post
I didn't find how to dock it... I must precise that I am on Mac. Also only the upper half of the number values are updated on my computer.
I have made a few tweaks to the font drawing code over the last day - would be good to know if the latest version still suffers from the top half value update issue for you. Would still be useful to see a screenshot - and would like to know if anyone else suffers this same issue on a Mac.

If the problem is still there - I wonder if changing the font (gui.fontname = 'Calibri' in GetGUI_vars() function makes any difference?)