Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 09-08-2020, 01:47 AM   #721
martmix
Human being with feelings

thank you nitsuj !!
martmix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:27 AM   #722
kod

Hi Nitsuj,

Thanks so much for this amazing plugin! I used it for the first time yesterday and I love the workflow and the sound I get from it.

I regret to inform you, though, that the spikes and the tracks auto-muting is still an issue, at least in my system. It's very tough, maybe impossible to reproduce because it fixes itself if I restart the project. Also, when it happens it happens consistently in the same place in the timeline, until the project is restarted.

Reading previous replies I saw that it might be an issue with AGC. I'll try to disable it and see if it gets better, although I'll definitely miss this function.

I'm running Reaper 6.13 on Windows.

Keep up the amazing work!
kod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:45 AM   #723
dahya

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Hi Nitsuj,

Thanks so much for this amazing plugin! I used it for the first time yesterday and I love the workflow and the sound I get from it.

I regret to inform you, though, that the spikes and the tracks auto-muting is still an issue, at least in my system. It's very tough, maybe impossible to reproduce because it fixes itself if I restart the project. Also, when it happens it happens consistently in the same place in the timeline, until the project is restarted.

Reading previous replies I saw that it might be an issue with AGC. I'll try to disable it and see if it gets better, although I'll definitely miss this function.

I had this same problem for a while, and I'm fairly sure it was a combination of the AGC and an older version of the plugin. To be honest, I haven't since tried using AGC, and touch wood, no spikes or auto muting.
dahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:36 AM   #724
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Hi Nitsuj,

Thanks for the feedback. I do have it on my list to (eventually) review AGC to see if I can repeat the issue. If there's any way you can isolate the issue and send me a stripped down project file that'd help.
nitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:47 AM   #725
amagalma

@nitsuj: Would an offline/script version of ReSpectrum be very difficult to do? So that one could choose an audio item, run the ReSpectrum script and see the average spectrum of the whole item and its maximum peak spectrum (super-imposed). It would be useful for quickly locating resonances in a file.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #726
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
@nitsuj: Would an offline/script version of ReSpectrum be very difficult to do? So that one could choose an audio item, run the ReSpectrum script and see the average spectrum of the whole item and its maximum peak spectrum (super-imposed). It would be useful for quickly locating resonances in a file.
I'd think this would rather be a task for an extension than a JS (similar as SWS does offline loudness analysis), would be nice indeed.

edit:
Though in ReaScript offline processing can be done too:
https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...%20samples.lua

Last edited by nofish; 09-10-2020 at 02:07 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 06:12 AM   #727
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
I'd think this would rather be a task for an extension than a JS (similar as SWS does offline loudness analysis), would be nice indeed.

edit:
Though in ReaScript offline processing can be done too:
https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...%20samples.lua

Doing an extension is like doing the whole thing from the beginning in C++.. a nightmare!.. Doing the eel script will be a lot more easy, since 95% of the code will be ready from ReSpectrum.. I would give it a go myself but I have no idea on DSP...
Old 09-13-2020, 08:07 AM   #728
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
Not sure about that. The JSFX are geared to process audio continuously and I'm not certain you can configure them to process audio offline.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:16 AM   #729
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
Not sure about that. The JSFX are geared to process audio continuously and I'm not certain you can configure them to process audio offline.
It would be an .eel script, not a JSFX. Instead of spl0,spl1 etc one would get the samples using GetAudioAccessorSamples API.

Well, maybe I give it a go sometime myself...
Old 09-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #730
rluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post

I will get the latest and greatest onto ReaPack. It's embarrassingly overdue but I'm in the middle of some changes at the moment.
Looking forward to this....Thanks for the amazing EQ
Old 09-17-2020, 10:48 PM   #731
Pink Wool

The ReEQ is great! Been using it for a while now! Thanks!
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:18 AM   #732
nick tammer

Thanks so much for that really great EQ !
Nice features, colors and sound!
Maybe someone could tell me why it does not work on one of my computers?
Here's the deal:
I have a macbook pro with Mojave, a 2019 64 bit version of reaper and it works fine.
I also have a late 2009 mac mini which works surprisingly well with 8GB RAM and a SSD internal drive.
I recorded a whole album on it (live band with acoustic drums) without problem.
The Reaper version installed on it is from 2016...maybe that's the problem?
It's a 32 bit version.
It says there is an error with the spectrum module and won't load Reeq completely?
Any Idea?
I installed Reeq in the Effects folder (like on my MBP)

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Last edited by nick tammer; 09-24-2020 at 07:39 AM.
nick tammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:42 AM   #733
JamesPeters

It needs a more recent version of Reaper. There were some changes to JSfx to allow more functionality, which this plugin uses. Check the date of the first post and use that as a guideline.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #734
nick tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
It needs a more recent version of Reaper. There were some changes to JSfx to allow more functionality, which this plugin uses. Check the date of the first post and use that as a guideline.
Ok great, I'm gonna do that. Thank you!!
nick tammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:21 AM   #735
JamesPeters

Note: you can probably update that computer's Reaper to the version your other computer is running. From the page on which you purchase a license it says "If you own multiple computers, you may install the same license key on all of them, as long as you only use REAPER on one computer at a time."

If for some reason that's not the case, and if the version on that computer really is from 2016, download version 5.99 from this page:

https://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php?ver=5x

Because if the version on that computer is from 2016, it'll be an earlier version of 5.xx (minimum 5.111) and your license would at least cover you until the end of that version cycle (up to 5.99).
Old 09-27-2020, 03:01 AM   #736
curmudgeoncucumber

does this work in ReaJS?
curmudgeoncucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:16 AM   #737
JamesPeters

This has been brought up on a previous page. It is also the reason for the last few posts. No. It would be missing some functionality.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:49 AM   #738
curmudgeoncucumber

Quote:
This has been brought up on a previous page. It is also the reason for the last few posts. No. It would be missing some functionality.
Ok,thanks for clarifying.it's a shame though
curmudgeoncucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:34 AM   #739
Joe90

@nitsuj - thank you for this wonderful EQ plugin. Love the AGC, it works far more smoothly than on other EQ plugins with this feature that I've tried. The band soloing on shift is awesome too. I don't know if you are still actively working on this, but if you are then I have some suggestions that I would hugely appreciate you considering -

I mainly use my EQ's embedded in the MCP. There are some niggly GUI issues when ReEQ is embedded in the mixer, and it's the only thing stopping it from becoming my default channel EQ. Please see the attached gif for a comparison to ReaEQ when embedded, both setup with roughly the same settings -

1) The EQ line showing the boosts/cuts is too thick when embedded. It often obscures the actual spectral display line underneath it. This is true of the inactive boosts/cut lines too. If there is a way to reduce the line thickness down that would be great.

2. The point markers are too large when embedded and get in the way while editing, I think you could leave out the numbers when embedded, as the colours provide enough visual separation.

3. It would be great to be able to access the right click menu when right clicking a point when embedded.

4. Please note the fast moving detail/frequency representation of the yellow spectrum line on ReaEQ. It seems much more clear and representative of what's going in the audio signal running through it than the ReEQ response line. It's a drum loop, and I can see every kick drum and shaker clearly on ReaEQ. However, no matter what settings I try, I don't seem to be able to get this level of feedback resolution/clarity on the ReEQ spectrum, particularly when embedded - perhaps I'm missing something here?

5. It would be nice if we could turn off the coloured lines for inactive bands when embedded - it's distracting and more difficult to quickly pick out which bands are active or not when embedded.

Also, some general notes/questions (apologies if these have been covered already) -

6. Why does the GUI only respond between +/- 18db when dragging points, even though we can edit the gain control for each band up to 30db? Not only does this seem oddly restrictive, it means you end up with the odd looking situation you can see in the gif, where the low cut has been pulled down to it's lowest 18db point, but it's sitting half way down the spectrum on the GUI. One way to fix this would be to set 18db to be the lowest point of the graph when embedded, but I'd rather have full 30db control in either direction, just by dragging the points.

7. This plugin could REALLY use a shortcut to delete a point. Alt+click being the obvious candidate.

Thanks so much for reading and considering!

Joe
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:31 AM   #740
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Also, some general notes/questions (apologies if these have been covered already) -

6. Why does the GUI only respond between +/- 18db when dragging points, even though we can edit the gain control for each band up to 30db? Not only does this seem oddly restrictive, it means you end up with the odd looking situation you can see in the gif, where the low cut has been pulled down to it's lowest 18db point, but it's sitting half way down the spectrum on the GUI. One way to fix this would be to set 18db to be the lowest point of the graph when embedded, but I'd rather have full 30db control in either direction, just by dragging the points.
If you mouse-click on the +18 at the top right of the window you'll see a menu where you can select different scales for filter dB - from 6dB to 30dB. So, 30dB is the maximum boost or cut that ReEQ supports. The TCP/MCP should be showing the full range possible - I've just checked.

Quote:
7. This plugin could REALLY use a shortcut to delete a point. Alt+click being the obvious candidate.
It's Alt+Double click to delete a point. Double click to create, Alt+Double click to delete.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #741
CoredusK

Created an account just to say THANK YOU for this plugin. This is my main EQ now, I absolutely LOVE it!
CoredusK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 04:08 AM   #742
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoredusK View Post
Created an account just to say THANK YOU for this plugin. This is my main EQ now, I absolutely LOVE it!
You're welcome!
Old 10-11-2020, 03:03 AM   #743
mabian

This is incredible, thank you so much!

A couple of questions:

1) what do exactly the tilt (setting menu) and M/S vs stereo (bottom panel) do, is it about visual or something that affects the sound as well (doesn't seem so?)

2) are all filters zero delay really?

Thanks again.

- Mario
mabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:03 AM   #744
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabian View Post
1) what do exactly the tilt (setting menu) and M/S vs stereo (bottom panel) do, is it about visual or something that affects the sound as well (doesn't seem so?)
The tile setting tilts the visual analyser spectrum pivoting around 1 kHz with a specified slope, expressed in dB per octave. The default setting of 4.5 dB/oct results in a natural looking spectrum that resembles best how loudness is perceived by the human ear.

The M/S vs L/R button at the bottom toggle the M/S or L/R adjustment values available at the bottom. They're an overall balancing adjustment.

Quote:
2) are all filters zero delay really?
Indeed they are.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:05 PM   #745
leafac

Default Installation via ReaPack

First of all, thank you nitsuj for these amazing plugins! Truly inspiring as to the power of JSFX, which I’m just getting into.

I too wanted to install with ReaPack, so while nitsuj is preparing the release, here’s a workaround: https://github.com/leafac/reaper/raw...reeq/index.xml

Just go to Extensions > ReaPack > Import repositories…, then paste the URL above and install the package.

I’ll say it again: this is a temporary workaround. When nitsuj releases the package on ReaPack I’ll remove my version. By the way, nitsuj, I volunteer to help you manage the packaging if you want. And thanks again for these plugins!

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, if you ever wanted to install SWS through ReaPack, so all your REAPER extensions are managed via ReaPack, and if you’re running macOS, here’s another workaround for you: https://github.com/leafac/reaper/raw...ty/sws/sws.xml

EDIT 2: Updated URLs.

Last edited by leafac; 10-18-2020 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Add SWS repository
leafac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:33 AM   #746
GonZ

Hello, just a question: is ReSpectrum a multitrack visualizer or just work with inputs 1 and 2?

Thanks <3
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #747
leafac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Hello, just a question: is ReSpectrum a multitrack visualizer or just work with inputs 1 and 2?

Thanks <3
It works just with inputs 1 and 2.
leafac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:50 PM   #748
ErBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafac View Post
Actually, it appears to have 6 inputs, but you'll have to modify the code to accept/colorize them properly.
ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:11 AM   #749
GonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafac View Post
Ok, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErBird View Post
Actually, it appears to have 6 inputs, but you'll have to modify the code to accept/colorize them properly.

Umm, sounds difficult to achieve, but I'll check. Thank you.
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:13 AM   #750
ErBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Umm, sounds difficult to achieve, but I'll check. Thank you.
Not really. I'll post an example if the dev doesn't mind.
ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:00 AM   #751
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErBird View Post
Not really. I'll post an example if the dev doesn't mind.
Be my guest!
Old 10-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #752
Wolffman

Hi'
Just discovered this plugin and what i've seen it looks great !!

However im getting an the following error

Effect has code error in int " around line 116 '#VERSION = "1.0.11";"

Any idea what this could be ?, i'm keen to try this EQ out but
it won't open atm

Cheers

Im still on reaper 3.78 and win 10

https://soundcloud.com/wolffman7
Wolffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:39 PM   #753
JamesPeters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffman View Post
Im still on reaper 3.78 and win 10
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....43#post2346043
Old 10-29-2020, 12:45 AM   #754
Wolffman

Quote:
Thank you James, yes that does seem to be the problem.

Just installed reaper 6 and it opened no problems.

Guess i'll have to upgrade sometime soon

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/wolffman7
Wolffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #755
fakemaxwell

Is it possible to use ReSpectrum in a multichannel project? For example, I have a 6 channel track with ReSpectrum only showing 1+2, nothing on 3-6. In the pin connector I can shuffle things around to see different inputs but it's showing maximum two channels at a time.
fakemaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:56 PM   #756
Csabb

I think you should use Saike's Spectral Analyzer for that purpose
Old 11-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #757
JamesPeters

I have a possible bug to report. When I automate a parameter of a band (with Reaper's parameter modulation), it tends to "lock" all other parameters of that band so that I can't adjust them.

For instance: automating Frequency 1 will "lock" the bandwidth and gain of band 1 so they cannot be adjusted while the parameter modulation is active.

This is something seemingly unique to ReEQ. I tried the same thing with ReaEQ (the Cockos plugin) and it doesn't behave that way. Neither does another graphic-based EQ plugin "EQall". So it doesn't seem to be tied to the fact it's a JS plugin with GUI interface.

I am using Reaper for Linux, so I suppose that might factor into it.

(Edit) I've noticed other JS plugins don't assign slider_automate as specifically as you did in ReEQ for the parameters of the EQ nodes, so it may be related to that (and it may be a bug in Reaper). Oddly enough those other JS plugins don't report all their parameters correctly to Reaper for the "last touched parameter" function of parameter modulation (which ReEQ has no problem with, probably because of how specifically you assigned those parameters). So either way I think it's a bug in Reaper. I should be able to do some more comparisons with other JS plugins and report back if I've found any hints.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 11-13-2020 at 02:03 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 11:12 PM   #758
gvdv

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

Percy Jules, in his May 2020 video (link below) makes a great suggestion: for Cockos to develop a a Spectrum Analyzer for Reaper, which (a) overlays two or more spectral curves in the same window, and which (b) permits adjusting the EQ for each of the spectral curves.

Is this now possible in Reaper, i.e., does the Spectrum Analyzer discussed in this thread allow multiple waveforms in one window, and does it also have an EQ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCyA...vXc4o&index=13
gvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:00 AM   #759
nitsuj

Quote:
I have a possible bug to report. When I automate a parameter of a band (with Reaper's parameter modulation), it tends to "lock" all other parameters of that band so that I can't adjust them.
Thanks for point this one out. I'll look into - I have an idea what it might be.
Old 11-16-2020, 04:05 AM   #760
nitsuj

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

Percy Jules, in his May 2020 video (link below) makes a great suggestion: for Cockos to develop a a Spectrum Analyzer for Reaper, which (a) overlays two or more spectral curves in the same window, and which (b) permits adjusting the EQ for each of the spectral curves.

Is this now possible in Reaper, i.e., does the Spectrum Analyzer discussed in this thread allow multiple waveforms in one window, and does it also have an EQ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCyA...vXc4o&index=13
The spectrum analyser (ReSpectrum) is just a spectrum analyser. At the moment is has two separate spectrums but they're for mid/side or left/right.

It is possible to add more spectrums from the different audio inputs so that could happen. That would be possible for ReEQ too.

However - what would the use case be for filter control of different inputs on one plugin? Surround sound? It could start to look really messy with a few spectrums overlaid with their own filter nodes (and then, how to show which node is with which spectrum/audio inputs?). I suppose you could have it toggle which set of filters you're editing, but then that's just about as good as using separate EQ instances.