Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 07-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
prezbass
Human being with feelings

Default Windows 10 Driver Problems - CHECK HERE!

Since some folks are gonna update to Windows 10, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for drivers that seems to be problematic. Most Win7/8/8.1 drivers will be detected in Win10, but occasionally you might encounter a problem.

I'll start.

I had an issue with my Lenovo Edge 15 laptop trying to find a couple of chipset items, most notably an SM Bus Controller and some PCI device. This fixed it for me:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...pdate-Utility-
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
prezbass

Here's a couple more- these were the drivers that I had installed on my Windows 8.1x64 machine prior to my upgrade to Windows 10. These should work in Windows 10. (they're working for me here)

They are:
• M-Audio Profire 2626
• Frontier Design Tranzport

You can get them here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z3yk2ae1x...meLkgovaa?dl=0

I'll add others as I find them.
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:30 AM   #3
milo2112

I have read that the Steinberg UR series has sample rate switching issues. They seem to default to 48K. I am installing win 10 now so will verify if this is a general issue or DAW specific.

\m/(><)\m/
milo2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Tod

Default Komplete Audio 6 info

Hi all, for you Komplete Audio 6 users, check out this link.

NI is advising to not upgrade to Win-10 yet.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en...th-windows-10/

EDIT: Actually it looks like it pertains to all NI products?

Last edited by Tod; 07-30-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
JHughes
Banned

How about a topic where we report drivers that DO work? Or maybe that would be pointless?
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:59 PM   #6
SmajjL

Oops, yeah!! so am I staying or leaveing, staying or leaving, ehh just beam me or something.

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
Tod

Default Komplete Audio 6 users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi all, for you Komplete Audio 6 users, check out this link.

EDIT: Actually it looks like it pertains to all NI products?
For what it's worth, I installed Win-10 on my wife's laptop, then installed the latest Komplete Audio 6 drivers and hooked up the KA6 to the USB.

I only recorded my voice using a condenser mic, but it worked fine. Installation was smooth, no problems.

However, based on what NI is saying, I'm still in no hurry to update to Win-10, because who knows what might happen with other NI software, like Kontakt or Komplete 9, both of which I have.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:39 PM   #8
gibi25

So far, Kontakt 5 works with WIN 10 (standalone and VST).
But I'm not a coder: did not test scripting at all.
gibi25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #9
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
For what it's worth, I installed Win-10 on my wife's laptop, then installed the latest Komplete Audio 6 drivers and hooked up the KA6 to the USB.

I only recorded my voice using a condenser mic, but it worked fine. Installation was smooth, no problems.

However, based on what NI is saying, I'm still in no hurry to update to Win-10, because who knows what might happen with other NI software, like Kontakt or Komplete 9, both of which I have.
Did the upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro myself.
No problems so far with Reaper, Komplete 10 Ultimate and my NI audio interfaces Komplete Audio 6 and Audio 2 DJ (first generation).
But I have to do more in-depth testing on the weekend.

Quote:
Well, if I remember correctly, the recommendation from NI not to upgrade immediately was the same when OSX Yosemite came out and I guess also when Windows 8 was released (but can't remember exactly about Win 8) until NI finished their testing or fixed reported problems by users, etc.
So for the early adopters it's like most times: upgrade at your own risk

Last edited by solger; 07-30-2015 at 02:07 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #10
Sari

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo2112 View Post
I have read that the Steinberg UR series has sample rate switching issues. They seem to default to 48K. I am installing win 10 now so will verify if this is a general issue or DAW specific.
Upgraded to Win 10. My UR44 functions perfectly.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:33 AM   #11
dsknt

Default Lexicon driver issue

Hello all.
I have to share some experiments I had while upgrading to windows 10. I usually work with a Lexicon IO42 desktop input device. Reaper seems to work fine except some resolution and lag with the UI.
The problem core is the interaction between manufacturer driver (IO | 42 Driver v2.9.29 Windows (64-bit)) and asio4all driver. While switching the driver in Reaper control panel, always the same BSOD appears after few seconds. Fault in non paged area which is pointing on lexicon driver. Anyone had similar experiences/BSOD with other hardware?
I have to say that there's the same problem on windows 8.1 but not with windows 8.

I did a rollback to windows 7 to avoid these problems. disappointing..
Any tricks could be interesting.

Some infos of the HW rig.

AMD fx8150 8 core
32 G RAM DDR3 Corsair
Samsung evo SSD
dsknt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #12
synthie

Default Latency problems

Hello all,
after a long time I decided to dust off my trusted Saffire LE (not even mentioned anymore on the Focusrite Win 10 list) and give it a go on Windows 7. After some help from a very friendly Focusrite guy I got it running again but with latency problems.
I then decided to intall Windows 10 which worked rather smooth, didn't expect that... Even the ancient Saffire drivers and the Firewire drivers for the PCIe card are working but with horrible latency - 500 to 1000 us and of course cracks and pops.
Went through all the normal procedures, ran dpclat and latency mon, disabled all the devices one by one with no success. Even uninstalling USB 3 devices and disabling the network card didn't change anything.

Does anyone know if there's a guide for Win10 similar that we had for Win7 to reduce latency? I used the common settings like switching off the visual effects, giving priority to background services, etc but still no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance!

PS: The Firewire PCIE card checks out OK as compatible, no issues using the Focusrite OHCI tool

Last edited by synthie; 09-08-2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: added firewire card note
synthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #13
MaCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthie View Post
Hello all,
after a long time I decided to dust off my trusted Saffire LE (not even mentioned anymore on the Focusrite Win 10 list) and give it a go on Windows 7. After some help from a very friendly Focusrite guy I got it running again but with latency problems.
I then decided to intall Windows 10 which worked rather smooth, didn't expect that... Even the ancient Saffire drivers and the Firewire drivers for the PCIe card are working but with horrible latency - 500 to 1000 us and of course cracks and pops.
Went through all the normal procedures, ran dpclat and latency mon, disabled all the devices one by one with no success. Even uninstalling USB 3 devices and disabling the network card didn't change anything.

Does anyone know if there's a guide for Win10 similar that we had for Win7 to reduce latency? I used the common settings like switching off the visual effects, giving priority to background services, etc but still no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance!

PS: The Firewire PCIE card checks out OK as compatible, no issues using the Focusrite OHCI tool
When I upgraded to Windows 10, it installed a wrong Firewire driver. I had to manually reinstall the old driver, maybe this is your problem.
MaCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #14
synthie

Ta for the reply. This happened to me as well but I already installed the correct one, unfortunately that's not it.
synthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #15
innuendo

1000us is far from reasonable. Some questions:
- Is there any involvement of midi in your setup?
- Are you sure you are using latest official ASIO drivers? Are they correctly set in Reaper?
- what buffer settings are defined in your drivers?
- did you try wasapi?
- did you try this with a fresh portable reaper installation, without any plugins running?
- did you check in task manager if there are cpu-consuming processes?

Besides that, it might be a good idea to remove some of drivers that lingered from before the upgrade to win10, then download newest versions from your motherboard manufacturer's site (preferably specific win10 drivers) and install them. In case the manufacturer doesn't list drivers for win10, try to download from the parts manufacturers' respective sites. Most important are video (for all your cards, incl. integrated) and chipset drivers. Then it also makes sense to reinstall audio drivers (for all your cards, incl. internal) and USB, FireWire, ahci and network. Also a bios update might do the trick.
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:33 PM   #16
sickamorz
Banned

I installed that piece of shit windows 10 now reaper no longer works. I think the ones on here said it works fine must be working for Microsoft. If I try to reinstall reaper it responds unsupported software.
Its time to reinstall windows 7 and know better to listen to unreliable sources in the future.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:22 AM   #17
ivansc

You have to ask yourself where the problem lies, when there are patently thousands of people who transitioned to W10 with little or no fuss and by comparison what appears to be a tiny minority who have problems.
Its a numbers game and you certainly do appear to be on the losing side.

If you genuinely want help rationalising your system to use W10 as and when it becomes impossible to avoid, I would be more than willing to help you do it.
If you are just here to be negative and whine, fair enough - knock your socks off!!
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:12 AM   #18
JHughes
Banned

I'd like to see one post by that person that makes any sense at all.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:26 AM   #19
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
You have to ask yourself where the problem lies, when there are patently thousands of people who transitioned to W10 with little or no fuss and by comparison what appears to be a tiny minority who have problems.
Its a numbers game and you certainly do appear to be on the losing side.

If you genuinely want help rationalising your system to use W10 as and when it becomes impossible to avoid, I would be more than willing to help you do it.
If you are just here to be negative and whine, fair enough - knock your socks off!!

I resolved the problem, but thanks anyway.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote