Old 02-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #1
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Default Minimized automation panel?

Whenever I open the automation panel for a track, it automatically opens all the possible automation parameters for all fx open up on my automation panel. Is there a way I can always have all of them minimized aside from the main ones?

Last edited by Sound asleep; 02-25-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
maczook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
Whenever I open the sends panel for a track, it automatically opens all the possible automation parameters for all fx open up on my automation panel. Is there a way I can always have all of them minimized aside from the main ones?

Hey there!

Your routing menu for a track is different than your track envelopes menu, are you saying that when you open the routing menu the track envelopes menu opens as well?

Also, what do you mean by "the main ones"?

As far as I can tell, you'll have to open your track envelopes menu, and then filter your results to find the correct parameter for your plugin that you want to have show up in a lane for automation.

What I personally do, is have, "open volume, pan, etc. envelope lane" set up on key commands, so I never have to open that menu. I also have "FX: Show/hide track envelope for last touched FX parameter", on a global key command as well, so I can just touch a parameter within a plugin, hit "g", (in my case), and then the automation lane for that parameter shows up, and I can start drawing

Hope this helps!

Best Wishes,

-Mac
maczook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #3
Sound asleep

Thanks. Ya, I meant automation. I had written sends stupidly and fixed some of the instances, but I forgot one I guess lol.

The main ones I mean, like if you had no FX in your FX chain, you'd have a short list of automation envelope possibilities.

As soon as you put FX in your FX chain, the list grows. You can shorten the list by clicking the - buttons. But, that's a waste of time, really, because the ones you need are there. But the rest is in the way. so you may as well just use the ones you want. I just don't like the clutter, the visual noise, and the fact it hides everything.

I have so many shortcuts already. At this point it would be more shortcuts to remember and I can't remember them all. I don't mind opening the envelopes panel, and selecting the one I want. but I'd rather all the plugin FX envelopes be hidden unless I explicitly want to use one. I almost never use those.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:29 AM   #4
maczook

Quote:
Thanks. Ya, I meant automation. I had written sends stupidly and fixed some of the instances, but I forgot one I guess lol.

The main ones I mean, like if you had no FX in your FX chain, you'd have a short list of automation envelope possibilities.

As soon as you put FX in your FX chain, the list grows. You can shorten the list by clicking the - buttons. But, that's a waste of time, really, because the ones you need are there. But the rest is in the way. so you may as well just use the ones you want. I just don't like the clutter, the visual noise, and the fact it hides everything.

I have so many shortcuts already. At this point it would be more shortcuts to remember and I can't remember them all. I don't mind opening the envelopes panel, and selecting the one I want. but I'd rather all the plugin FX envelopes be hidden unless I explicitly want to use one. I almost never use those.
Ahh gotcha!

Yeah I don't think that hiding everything except for the track parameters is a preference/ option right now, maybe create a thread in the feature requests?

There's also a tick-box directly under "Mute" called "Show last touched FX parameters only", which does quick work of hiding everything except for the track parameters.

Alternatively, if you don't want to have more keybindings, you could also create a regular or contextual toolbar, that would have all of those actions quickly available

Hope that helps!

Best Wishes,

-Mac
Old 02-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maczook View Post
Ahh gotcha!

Yeah I don't think that hiding everything except for the track parameters is a preference/ option right now, maybe create a thread in the feature requests?

There's also a tick-box directly under "Mute" called "Show last touched FX parameters only", which does quick work of hiding everything except for the track parameters.

Alternatively, if you don't want to have more keybindings, you could also create a regular or contextual toolbar, that would have all of those actions quickly available

Hope that helps!

Best Wishes,

-Mac

What does "show last touched FX parameters only" Do? It removes everything except for the last touched parameter of the FX plugin of that track?

EDIT: This requires me to press a button each time afaict. I would really rather have it always start out minimized. Having to press the button each time on every track is a major pain in the butt, and it would always be one click less to just select the parameter I want. It's not like I'm always going in and out of the panels, but the clutter drives me nuts.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 02-26-2020 at 11:39 AM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:42 AM   #6
Sound asleep

Just discovered right clicking the automation button. Opens a menu with all the automation options. Much better than opening the panel and less clutter. Easier to access what I want. Now I just need to train myself to do that lol.

EDIT: Actually, right clicking all those buttons on the tracks is pretty fucking boss. I'm going to start always doing that. Man, my workflow just improved significantly lol.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:47 PM   #7
maczook

Quote:
Just discovered right clicking the automation button. Opens a menu with all the automation options. Much better than opening the panel and less clutter. Easier to access what I want. Now I just need to train myself to do that lol.

EDIT: Actually, right clicking all those buttons on the tracks is pretty fucking boss. I'm going to start always doing that. Man, my workflow just improved significantly lol.
Sweet!! Glad you figured it out!!

Best Wishes,

-Mac