Old 12-12-2019, 03:20 AM   #202
heda
Human being with feelings

Default v1.2pre9 (2019-12-12)

some bug fixes

* v1.2pre9 (2019-12-12)
# fix crash smart inserting in some cases
# improved label text crop inside the icons
# do not leave blank gap between icons when using "labels below icon" and "always hiding labels in directory panel" or "always hiding labels for specific folders"

* v1.2pre8 (2019-12-10)
# left and right arrows navigate items instead of moving cursor inside search box
# fix top margin on vertical layout
# fix crash on vertical layout
# fix don't show use directories panel button if using vertical layout
# fix toolbar buttons if using directories panel
# small fixes
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:38 AM   #203
vanhaze

Heda, your ongoing work on your amazing Scripts is highly appreciated by me and i am sure by many others, thank you so much !
Old 12-12-2019, 04:44 AM   #204
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Heda, your ongoing work on your amazing Scripts is highly appreciated by me and i am sure by many others, thank you so much !
Comments like yours and continuous support from the community is what makes the scripts
About appreciation, when I started asking for donations, it was a decision to justify my time to support this, because I don't have much time. But it also has become a way to measure if there is still interest in this. I thought, well at least if someone donates, even being a small amount, it means that I can trust that this person really appreciates it. I wasn't expecting much support, but I was so wrong. Sometimes it doesn't seem to be much support or feedback in the forum, but I know the community is there, when I see the updates downloads, new donations or donations renewals. I'm very grateful. That's why I don't regret asking for the donations.
I also opened a chat discord server (link in description) where anyone can join and keep feedback there too. Because sometimes I feel I am spamming the forum with all the updates. But since I don't have any marketing, the forum may be the only place where anyone would discover the scripts.

Thank you!
Old 01-10-2020, 07:45 AM   #205
todoublez

Hi heda,

Questions:
  • I found thrrs two button called "run action b4/after inserting"
    what it actually does ?
  • Can I apply it with some custom action?
  • where can I set up icons for my FX-chains & track templates ?

Request:

is it possible to apply template without creating tracks if thrr are name matched tracks?
I think it would be a quite handy feature.
cuz some times.. I only need the settings in the templates
like envolopes... fx..volume balance... etc.

Suggestion:

thrr is a "Replacing Existing FX Chain" option in setting list.
I think it is not good to hide it thrr.
It could be like..
when user inserting FX chains to a track ,the Script detects thrrs fx alrdy on the track,
so it pops up a dialog like "Replacing Existing FX Chain?"
[Yes] [No].
and If the track has no FX on it, it insert the FX chain without popin up the dialog window.

thank u for ur effort,
u just made our lives easier.
Really appreciated..

Last edited by todoublez; 01-10-2020 at 08:33 AM.
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #206
heda

these are actions or custom actions that can be executed when you insert a track template. The first one (before) is executed before the tracks are added, then the template tracks are inserted, and then it executes the second one (after)
you can create a custom action and set the ID of that custom action too, yes.

The icons are png images that have the same name as the track template of fx chain files, and located in the same folder.

For folders, the png file must be names in brackets.. for example if you have a folder "Strings", the file has to be "[Strings].png" and located where the folder is located.

In FX Chains mode (not track templates mode) there is a button on the toolbar, "MATCH". this button inserts the fx chains in the tracks that are found with the same name as the FX Chains. But this only works in FX Chains because Track Templates will always insert new tracks.

thank you for the suggestions and feedback
Old 01-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #207
vsthem

Not seeing the option to upgrade this in my HeDa Scripts Manager. Usually it just pops up as an option. Latest build is 1.4rc64 (2020-01-07). Is there another action I need to take?
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:02 PM   #208
vsthem

Also, quick question. I have a very large mock orchestral session that I'm working on. I'm clicking on tags in the track manager to navigate up and down the TCP to the various sessions. It also selects the folder track in the mixer...but... it does not navigate the mixer left and right to make that track visible. For instance, if Strings are on the top/left, when I click on the Percussion tab, it navigates the TCP to make that track visible, but it doesn't navigate the mixer to make the mixer track visible (though it is selected). Is there a setting within this script to be able to have it navigate the view of the selected track tab in the mixer?

Thanks as always!
Old 01-10-2020, 01:45 PM   #209
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
Not seeing the option to upgrade this in my HeDa Scripts Manager. Usually it just pops up as an option. Latest build is 1.4rc64 (2020-01-07). Is there another action I need to take?
ah I think you wanted to write this in the other thread... for Track Inspector.... I haven't updated officially it. But I have published an update on discord server if someone wants to test it before. Because there are still changes in development.
Link for discord chat is in my signature.

Last edited by heda; 01-10-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:03 PM   #210
todoublez

Just tried wrking with TrackTemplate Script.
Quite impressive!
Thx again.

Quote:
Suggestion

I think the "match" button can wrk more specific.
now it applies all Fx chainz if thrr are name matched tracks.

is it possible to make the "match" button only applying fx-chains on what folder I'm focusing on?
If I didn't focus on any folder in the Script window.
(which is in the FX-Chain home window view)
then the "match" button scan through the whole folder and applies all the fx-chains with name matched tracks.
(just like what it does now)
just a thought.
I hope it make sense
thx Heda.
very appreciated.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #211
vsthem

When I try to insert multiple track templates (control click, right click, insert), I get the following error (using the latest version downloaded today)

__DEV__Track Templates VIP.lua:979: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
Old 01-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #212
heda

Quote:
When I try to insert multiple track templates (control click, right click, insert), I get the following error (using the latest version downloaded today)

__DEV__Track Templates VIP.lua:979: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)
mmmmm I think the only way for it to crash this way is if you may have it configured to stay open after inserting and the second time you insert it crashes.

fixing it. thanks!
* v1.2pre12 (2020-01-24)
# fix crash when script staying open after inserting [p=2236095] Thanks @vsthem

Last edited by heda; 01-24-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:14 PM   #213
vsthem

That did it! Thanks!
Old 02-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #214
blumpy

Default Track Template v1.2 pre 12

I have 2 instances of v1.2 pre 12 running (one for plugins another for track vstis) and reaper hangs when opening session. If I close Track Template the session opens.

Weird.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:42 AM   #215
blumpy

Default Search tags removal

Also, I have search tags that I've tried to change but they persist and various plugins show up regardless of a tag being selected. Is there a way to reset tags?
Old 02-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #216
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
I have 2 instances of v1.2 pre 12 running (one for plugins another for track vstis) and reaper hangs when opening session. If I close Track Template the session opens.

Weird.
weird indeed.
Does it only happen if more than one instance is running?
Old 02-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #217
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
Also, I have search tags that I've tried to change but they persist and various plugins show up regardless of a tag being selected. Is there a way to reset tags?
are you searching tags by typing #tags or using the # button?
tags are stored in cfg files along the templates. you could always delete those files
Old 02-12-2020, 01:46 PM   #218
blumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
weird indeed.
Does it only happen if more than one instance is running?
Ah, it seems to only occur with one specific instance which I'm using for track template vsti on Track Template VIP.

The other, Track Template VIP 2 which I use for FX chains, is fine.

Last edited by blumpy; 02-12-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:51 AM   #219
vsthem

I'm hoping to be able to dock Track Templates on the right side, and have two rows, one for the folders, and one for the tracks inside the selected folder. You can see when I compress the window to the ideal width for my workflow, the folders disappear even though there is still plenty of room for them to display.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tqu...ew?usp=sharing

(imgur not working for some reason this morning)

Is there any way to currently achieve this, or is this something that could be tweaked in future updates?

Also, is the search by track tag broken? It does not seem to be functional over here (most tracks don't show up on the selected tag, others show up occasionally, but not always). I can post a video if it'd be helpful. It wouldn't be the first time it was just me not understanding how something works.

Thanks!

Matt
Old 02-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #220
heda

yes.. in TT menu.. select "Minimum width pixels to fit horizontally" and set a lower number... so the layout won't change to vertical unless window width is less than that number

I'll check the search by tags when I have time. It was working but maybe it is broken now? I don't know. Yes, videos always help
Old 02-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #221
vsthem

Thanks for the tip! Width is working 100% now.

Still think sorting by tags might be even better though if I can get it to work. Here's the original video I took. You can see that my percussion instruments have tags "percussion", but don't show up in the tag sorting menu. Nothing else does either.

https://imgur.com/a/15y5sPr

A little bit later, I tried it again, without changing anything to my knowledge, and SOME of the tracks would be called up. For MASTERS, 5 tracks should have appeared, for SYTHN, about 15. Other tags continued to not display any templates

https://imgur.com/a/fKfzBn3

Hope this is helpful!
Old 02-27-2020, 01:04 PM   #222
heda

ok... it searches only in the current directory, without subdirectories... Maybe I should make tag search to always look in all directories?
There is a setting in the TT menu.. the first one, to show all subdirectories, then tag search should work as you expect... Let me know if it works then. I think it has to be it.
Old 02-27-2020, 01:25 PM   #223
vsthem

That fixed it! User error in both cases. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-09-2020, 08:14 AM   #224
todoublez

heda I was trying to make icons via png for my ".RfxChain" file with the name [FXchains name].
but it didn't wrk.

does it mean T.T. doesn't support setting icons for ".RfxChain" file ?
Old 03-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #225
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
heda I was trying to make icons via png for my ".RfxChain" file with the name [FXchains name].
but it didn't wrk.

does it mean T.T. doesn't support setting icons for ".RfxChain" file ?
what is exactly the name of the template and the png? they have to be the same excapet the extension. and both in the same folder.

for example "ReaComp.RfxChain" and "ReaComp.png"
Old 03-09-2020, 09:05 AM   #226
heda

sharing some png images for ReaPlugins. To use them you need to create one rfxchain for each plugin and put them in a folder in your FX Chains folder.

https://stash.reaper.fm/38507/screen...kosplugins.zip
Old 03-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #227
todoublez

Quote:
what is exactly the name of the template and the png? they have to be the same excapet the extension. and both in the same folder.

for example "ReaComp.RfxChain" and "ReaComp.png"
thx ! now I get it.

I thought I need to do it just like trackTemplate's folder like:

[name].png
Old 03-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #228
heda

Default v1.2pre13 (2020-03-09)

* v1.2pre13 (2020-03-09)
# don't draw semitransparent fill selected templates, just the border
# enter key to insert multiple selected too
Old 03-10-2020, 08:33 PM   #229
jzero

Good evening. Just became a VIP member and am having a bad install experience... Anyone ever have the Install Manager install fine, but the Track Template script wont install? I have followed the FAQ procedure for resetting the password to something short without special characters.
Script says "Installing", then after a while goes to "Not Installed" with no further information. I am running reaper in a portable installation from a USB drive.
jzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:33 AM   #230
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero View Post
Good evening. Just became a VIP member and am having a bad install experience... Anyone ever have the Install Manager install fine, but the Track Template script wont install? I have followed the FAQ procedure for resetting the password to something short without special characters.
Script says "Installing", then after a while goes to "Not Installed" with no further information. I am running reaper in a portable installation from a USB drive.
yes... it seems there was a problem in your license not being activated for some reason.. it should work now, if not, changing the password once more would fix it this time.
Thank you!
Old 03-11-2020, 05:38 AM   #231
jzero

Quote:
yes... it seems there was a problem in your license not being activated for some reason.. it should work now, if not, changing the password once more would fix it this time.
Thank you!
Whatever you did fixed it. Thank you, Heda!
Old 03-12-2020, 10:33 PM   #232
jzero

Freakin' amazing work, Hector, Thank you!
I've been making pngs like mad, thoroughly enjoying the fx templates. It looks just like FLStudio's plugin picker except way easier to view and navigate. Truly excellent.

I love the way I can now see all my fx at once in each category folder. With a ton of Waves plugins, there are a million versions of each in the main Reaper fx list. This is MUCH easier to navigate. Now I have one template for all the flavors of H-Reverb that insert to the selected track with all versions disabled except the one I use the most. Switching is easy when needed.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:13 AM   #233
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero View Post
Freakin' amazing work, Hector, Thank you!
I've been making pngs like mad, thoroughly enjoying the fx templates. It looks just like FLStudio's plugin picker except way easier to view and navigate. Truly excellent.

I love the way I can now see all my fx at once in each category folder. With a ton of Waves plugins, there are a million versions of each in the main Reaper fx list. This is MUCH easier to navigate. Now I have one template for all the flavors of H-Reverb that insert to the selected track with all versions disabled except the one I use the most. Switching is easy when needed.
thank you very much for your comment
Yes it takes a while to put all the templates in order and make the pngs and organize all but it is worth the time to do it
Old 04-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #234
vsthem

Sorry if I've just missed this, but can anyone explain or point me to where I can learn how the Sends feature works on track templates? I can't seem to get it to change anything on the track once it's loaded.

My default startup Reaper project has a track on Track 1, and it never moves, called FX1 VERB. I'd love to be able to load up tracks with the send already setup. Or something that can save me a few clicks to get a good start for a Reverb send.

Thanks all!
Old 04-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #235
heda

Quote:
Sorry if I've just missed this, but can anyone explain or point me to where I can learn how the Sends feature works on track templates? I can't seem to get it to change anything on the track once it's loaded.

My default startup Reaper project has a track on Track 1, and it never moves, called FX1 VERB. I'd love to be able to load up tracks with the send already setup. Or something that can save me a few clicks to get a good start for a Reverb send.

Thanks all!
It only works if Track Inspector is running.
Basically you create a preset send in Track Inspector for that FX1 VERB track. Tooltips over send presets buttons(S1, S2 etc) tell how to save presets. For example CTRL+SHIFT+click S1 and set it to search for the track named "FX1 VERB".
Then on the track template, right click and assign the S1 to it.
After inserting the template, TI should automatically create the send to the S1 track.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #236
Reflected

is quick template + thumbnail save, possible in the new version already?

I do like to donate again if this is availiable already or if this is on the todo list.

this is the most wanted script for me, currently I don't use this script because in my version it takes me time to arrange it without an auto thumbnail saving.

something like this will be prefect - watch this: https://gifyu.com/image/lrmS
Reflected is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #237
heda

I dont have plans for that automatic screenshot feature. but it would be nice isn't it? I don't know how could it be done automatically. maybe launching some kind of ahk script on windows at least.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:11 PM   #238
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
is quick template + thumbnail save, possible in the new version already?
well things have changed and I'm glad that track template generation and automatic screenshot will be supported in the next version...

and Audio previews

and a bit more...

stay tuned
Old 05-03-2020, 01:44 AM   #239
Reflected

Yesss !😍
Reflected is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:45 AM   #240
Reflected