COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (aka spam trap)

Old 06-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
Reaper25
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone else excited about 32GB RAM laptops for DAW purposes?

Anyone using 32GB RAM laptops? Im an apple guy and rumour has it the next MacBook Pro's to come out later this year will have 32GB RAM. I personally don't mix on desktops because I like the idea of being able to mix anywhere not stuck mixing in one room forever. But it can be such a chore when CPU starts draining. I cannot wait for this release. I'll be in the apple store day one.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
EricTbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper25 View Post
it can be such a chore when CPU starts draining
More RAM won't help with that. RAM can be handy if use a lot of huge sample libraries (typically orchestral stuff), but outside of that, DAWs don't use tons of RAM.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
138BPM

I find the idea of running a DAW on a laptop with a tiny MIDI keyboard quite amusing and can't understand why it's always what I see everywhere. Yeah you can take it with you wherever you go but why do it. The speakers on laptops are atrocious. Even on videos where people are at home using Reaper... half of them seem to be using it on a laptop. Even more bizarre are all the people saying they make music on their phone! How? I am struggling on a 24" PC monitor and need a bigger screen.