Old 06-12-2019, 09:12 PM   #1
puddi
Human being with feelings

Default Better organization for Actions

Right now we have all actions in one huge list and it's hard to get a clear overview over them. I just quickly thought of some ideas that could make this easier:

1. Favorite actions - By clicking a star next to the action you can favorite it and it'll show up in a separate tab ('Main: Favorites' for example).

Sometimes there's this great action that works perfectly as a building block for custom actions, but then you forget about it (or can't find it) among the thousands of other actions. Favoriting it would be perfect.

2. Hide actions - there are so many actions that I never use and if I could just quickly hide them in the Actions window by clicking on an eye icon next to them that would be great.

3. Custom categories - Save your custom (or any) actions in to their own category so that when you're doing, let's say, voice over work you can just open the 'voice over' category and quickly see what you have at your disposal. The giant list with everything would still be the default view but when you wanted to get more specific this would come in handy and help with the mental clutter.

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any additional ideas.
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:27 AM   #2
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Yes to all of them. Categories would be awesome, maybe even "tagging" actions, so you can have all recording related actions when clicking the tag "recording", even if the name doesn't have recording in it.
Pre-roll would be such an example: recording related but are not actual recording actions.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:30 AM   #3
emerald22

or maybe color tags

As for the GUI side of things, it could even be something simple, like f.e. the left panel in FX browser, or Tabs in Docker,
to keep everything light.
emerald22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:43 AM   #4
puddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
Yes to all of them. Categories would be awesome, maybe even "tagging" actions, so you can have all recording related actions when clicking the tag "recording", even if the name doesn't have recording in it.
Pre-roll would be such an example: recording related but are not actual recording actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald22 View Post
or maybe color tags

As for the GUI side of things, it could even be something simple, like f.e. the left panel in FX browser, or Tabs in Docker,
to keep everything light.
+1 to tags, I forgot about those.

Basically anything that could help navigating the list would be an improvement over what we have now.
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote