Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
himalaya
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper crashes everytime + no playback

HI,

I've hit a brick wall with a nasty bug or some other operation anomaly.

Reaper will crash if I:
- try to click on any of the file menus. This will not respond to mouse click, and a second after that Reaper will just crash and disappear from screen,
- the same will happen if I right click on an item. Instant crash.
- not sure if related to the crashes, but Reaper will also refuse to play after a while. Like now, I can click on the play button, it's green, but the cursor will not move. I can set any playback buffer setting to no avail. Nothing helps to bring back playback.

Some observations:

- I can open Preferences all right

- keyboard shortcut 'save as' does not work. I can see the 'last save ..." and it does not update with 'save as'.

- This project was edited by someone else on Reaper on a PC before, where it run with no issues. The project contains 8 tracks, no plugins. Project length 1hour 6min.

- Also, in order to run this project without excessive RAM usage, I had to tweak the advanced buffer settings as recommended by Justin in another thread about excessive ram use by Reaper. Note: all of the above issues would also happen with default buffer settings.

- interestingly, when I create a new tab and copy all tracks and all items to this new tab/project, Reaper works just fine. The reason I can't work in the new tab is that the coping all of these things does not copy regions, which I need. But does the fact that after copying all the tracks and all audio in the tracks into a new project, there are no issues? What's wrong with the current project? Some project config clash from the other user who edited the project on a PC?

Spec: Reaper 5.40/64 Mac Yosemite 10.10.5 Macbook i7 2.9Ghz, 8GB RAM

Last edited by himalaya; 10-11-2017 at 03:48 AM. Reason: spelling
himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote