Old 06-18-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Default NI Komplete Ultimate Upgrade 9 to 11

Maybe ED or someone else knows. I have complete 9, the upgrade to 11 is 199.00 (yay). I'm just wondering if anyone see's any potential issues since I have so many projects using plugins from V9?

FWIW, I picked up a Maschine MK3 the other day which required me to install Native Access which hasn't been an issue, actually both NA and Service Center are both are working fine - main concern is not creating any new problems or project issues with legacy projects - with a side helping of I don't know what I don't know so feel free to let me know of anything I'm missing.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Maybe ED or someone else knows. I have complete 9, the upgrade to 11 is 199.00 (yay). I'm just wondering if anyone see's any potential issues since I have so many projects using plugins from V9?
All already installed products from K9 (which are also included in K11) will be automatically recognized by Native Access. The rest is basically new/additional stuff.
You can also find an overview of the included products in the Komplete versions here: http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/201...plete-all.html

In general, make sure to check/adjust the download & install paths in Native Access before starting the K11 install: https://support.native-instruments.c...-Native-Access
In addition, this article has also some useful info: https://support.native-instruments.c...E-11-ULTIMATE-

Quote:
actually both NA and Service Center are both are working fine
Yes, they can both coexist side-by-side. Service Center is still required for older NI products which are not supported by NA.

EDIT:

And if you haven't already seen this:

In Native Access you can choose to install/update either ALL products at once (via the [INSTALL ALL] or [UPDATE ALL] button at the top). Or you can choose to install/update just a single product at a time (via the buttons next to each product entry).

Last edited by solger; 06-18-2018 at 12:14 PM. Reason: merged 2 posts into 1
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
karbomusic

Thanks! Pretty much aware of the above from playing with NA/SC last night, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to break anything and if the V9 instances get upgraded/replaced by V11 or if it's all new installs. For that amount of data, I don't really want an additional 200+ GB or whatever it is.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
In Native Access you can choose to install/update either ALL products at once (via the [INSTALL ALL] or [UPDATE ALL] button at the top). Or you can choose to install/update just a single product at a time (via the buttons next to each product entry).
Yeah, I upgraded to Komplete Ultimate a year ago and I just installed what I wanted. Actually I installed bits and pieces over a period of time.

If I remember correctly, I didn't see any duplicates.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #5
karbomusic

OK, I see the difference now. My update to 11 just adds the new instruments etc. that didn't come with 9 and general updates for everything else exists outside of that which I was already fairly current wieth. I installed a handful last night and all is working fine, thanks for the help.