Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 01-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
Unclejambo
Human being with feelings

Default Addictive drums gui disappeared....

Hey hows it going

Relatively new to the software having made my move from PC to Mac and consequently Sonar to Reaper.

Really impressed with the software so far and my little macbook running this software is running 10 times faster and more stable than numerous other fairly high spec PCs did running Sonar beforehand... not gonna get into the PC vs Mac debate but it just works for me.

Have run into a couple of little niggles since beginning to use the software which I'm sure you can all help me with.

The GUI for addictive drums has dissapeared and all that comes up is a solid black window. It's only the demo version but as far as I was aware it's only limitation was the lack of toms? Anyhow it's just occured to me that it might be worth trying a re-install but failing that are there any suggestions.

I've absolutely fallen in-love with the plug-in by the way. Combined with the reaper trigger plugin it does what I was doing in Sonar with drumagog SO much better
Unclejambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Unclejambo

BUMP

Still unable to resolve this. Any suggestions?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
donnchaidh

Default Try this

I have had a similar instance with AD/reap. The P-in did not go black but did do some kind of weird thing with the interface. Try not running anything else while you work with Re and AD. Jumping from program to program sometimes does some weird things to reaper. Hope this helps.
donnchaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #4
Unclejambo

I've tried re-installing the plugin and running reaper as the first thing after boot-up. It's not like it's showing up and then disappearing later on, it's been gone now for over a week.

Any moderators or developers got any suggestions?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Unclejambo

Here's what I get whenever I try open addictive drums....

and when I toggle the "UI" button....

It's useable... but I'd really rather the plugin worked as intended aaaaand as it had a few days previously.

Somebody suggested heading to the xln audio forums to report the problem but reapers not yet a supported platform. Perhaps if enough of us head over and make some noise they might take heed? You really should try the plugin cos I'm stoked with it interface issues aside.

Drumagog must be tamping given that paired with the js midi trigger in reaper this free demo version does what drumagog tries to INFINITELY better... in much the same way Cakewalk, Digidesign and Steinberg must be giving Cockos daggers :P
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

I use Addictive Drums on my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.8 and have no GUI issues. Reaper 3.161 (but will update to 3.2 ... now : )

Could you post your specs?

Regards,
- Jonas
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Unclejambo

Removed both the au and the vsts for addictive drums from the plugins folder, deleted the addictive drums folder from the application supports folder and re-installed from the .dmg

I could have sworn I'd done all this before but either way it's working now and I'm a very happy bunny
Old 01-13-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Glad to hear you solved it!

Regards,
- Jonas
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote