Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-11-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
soundome
Human being with feelings

Default Calling any Reaper enthusiasts in Ireland

SOUNDOME is located in a forest park in Kilkenny, Ireland. It's a geodesic structure with 46 integrated speakers. It is on a raised platform with subs under the floor.

If there are any Reaper enthusiasts who would be interested in having a go at playing this new instrument, please get in touch.

Currently I play classic albums for groups at the weekend, but the real potential lies in SOUNDOME giving spatial artists a standard template that everyone can work to.

Let battle commence!
soundome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
FKAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundome View Post
SOUNDOME is located in a forest park in Kilkenny, Ireland. It's a geodesic structure with 46 integrated speakers. It is on a raised platform with subs under the floor.

If there are any Reaper enthusiasts who would be interested in having a go at playing this new instrument, please get in touch.

Currently I play classic albums for groups at the weekend, but the real potential lies in SOUNDOME giving spatial artists a standard template that everyone can work to.

Let battle commence!
What do you mean by Reaper "enthusiasts"? It's not an old car club, Reaper is a professional tool! Any Surgical Scalpel enthusiasts here?

Do you need a mix/recording engineer or musicians or something else?

Last edited by FKAB; 07-13-2018 at 11:01 AM.
FKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #3
soundome

Sorry about that FKAB - its my first post!

I'm looking for anyone interested in trying out SOUNDOME with a view to making it more user friendly. I reckon the more people that come and try it out (whether they're upmixing existing music, or composing from scratch) the more we will learn.

Currently we're using reaper to play 5.1 mixes out to 16 channels - and we also have some 16 channel work by ambisonic artists.

So maybe you know if there are any Reaper (insert correct term here) who'd be interested?

Thanks for the reply btw.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
BigFella

I, as a Reaper enthusiast of long standing and no money would love to have a go but it'll be a while before I'm in Kilkenny.

go n-éirí sin leat and keep up the good work.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
FKAB

Quote:
Sorry about that FKAB - its my first post!

I'm looking for anyone interested in trying out SOUNDOME with a view to making it more user friendly. I reckon the more people that come and try it out (whether they're upmixing existing music, or composing from scratch) the more we will learn.

Currently we're using reaper to play 5.1 mixes out to 16 channels - and we also have some 16 channel work by ambisonic artists.

So maybe you know if there are any Reaper (insert correct term here) who'd be interested?

Thanks for the reply btw.
Thats all right. I'm just too far for convenience, don't like driving much these days. But good luck anyway!
FKAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
pipelineaudio
Mortal

This is awesome, and the stuff I like to see here

Now if we could get a bigger pile of REAPER users in Hawaii...
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #7
soundome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFella View Post
I, as a Reaper enthusiast of long standing and no money would love to have a go but it'll be a while before I'm in Kilkenny.

go n-éirí sin leat and keep up the good work.

Go raibh maith agat! Give me a shout anytime BigFella. Do you know anyone else who might be interested in taking SOUNDOME for a spin? I'm thinking there must be lots more Irish members? Or maybe not....any pointers appreciated.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:39 AM   #8
soundome

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKAB View Post
Thats all right. I'm just too far for convenience, don't like driving much these days. But good luck anyway!
Thanks FKAB. My posts will be all the better for it in future!
Old 07-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #9
soundome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
This is awesome, and the stuff I like to see here

Now if we could get a bigger pile of REAPER users in Hawaii...
Ha! Thanks. Well luckily it packs down real small, but even so I doubt the flight would come cheap!

It would be great though if there were some people willing to travel, and they could peer review it...we have already had the great Trond Lossius over from Norway!

Maybe I should post a video on here? What would you advise as the best approach?

Thanks
Old 07-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #10
squibs

Quote:
Go raibh maith agat! Give me a shout anytime BigFella. Do you know anyone else who might be interested in taking SOUNDOME for a spin? I'm thinking there must be lots more Irish members? Or maybe not....any pointers appreciated.
There are some others, but Kilkenny is a distance!
squibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #11
soundome

Quote:
Originally Posted by squibs View Post
There are some others, but Kilkenny is a distance!
Thanks squibs. Any ideas on the best way to get in touch with them? Just trying to see if I can persuade a few to come down and try SOUNDOME. Its actually only an hour from Dublin so not too bad.