Old 07-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
monelou
Human being with feelings

Default missing files

I have been making tracks in Band in a Box and transferring them into Reaper for a few years now. It has gone fairly smoothly once I learned how to do it. Every now and then I would get a notice saying that certain files could not load, missing files. BUT SUDDENLY for no apparent reason, ALL of my projects have "lost" my BIAB tracks. It loads up empty tracks where they used to be and says "offline"

The files are in a folder on my computer and I can go back and drag them back in the project but that's too much trouble.

Did I hit a preference button by accident. Help!
monelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
DisconnectedAV
Human being with feelings

I just ran into this problem loading up a backup project from 7/30/18 because I moved a backup file to the 'BACKUP' folder and left the maintain relative file paths option enabled...

Quick fix was to move the backup project to the main project folder level and it found the audio in the 'AUDIO' folder without a problem.

I looked through the preferences again and again, tried to better understand the media bay, too bad there isn't a great quick auto locate feature built into the media bay, if there is, I couldn't find it quickly and intuitively.

Last edited by DisconnectedAV; 08-15-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Update my initial post with results from trouble shooting it
DisconnectedAV is offline   Reply With Quote