Old 03-29-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default Multi out VSTi templates

Can you guys put a few VST-i specific multi out track or folder templates in this thread?

Please make it in the format:

track 1 folder track
track 2-whatever individual outs
track last midi track and folder stop track
pipelineaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:20 AM   #2
Alistair S
Human being with feelings

Default Jamstix

In Jamstix, on the Mapping tab, set the number of Outputs to 8 (Under "Sounds").

Also on the Mapping tab, set:

Kick to output 1
Snare to output 2
Hihat to output 3
Ride to output 4
Cymbals to output 5
Toms to output 6
Percussion to output 7

Channels 15/16 on the Jamstix VSTi track are spare and not output (just available as inputs)
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate Jamstix.RTrackTemplate (62.3 KB, 2229 views)
Alistair S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
Billoon

Default BFD

Heres some templates for BFD...

There is no kit loaded, so just click the FX button on the last track to bring up BFD and load away.

Also, any midi files go in the last track. If you want a new midi file, select the last track and use Insert>New MIDI Item, in the menu bar at the top. Default is one bar, draw a loop for another size.

BFD needs to be running to audition sounds, easiest way is Options>Prefs>Audio>tick "Always run track FX", again in the top menu bar.

Have fun.

Last edited by Billoon; 07-14-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
dark blue man

Ok, this is an adaption of the Samletank 2 Free for the PowerCore Access Virus. If anyone else has a Virus, especially one with a PowerCore Compact Firewire, I would be interested to know how you get on with this Template.

Regards

ETA: If anyone can explain how to automate the Virus' numerous paramaters on each of the it's seperate ouput channels, I'd be interested to know how it's done. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate Virus Multi Outputs.RTrackTemplate (6.6 KB, 1476 views)

Last edited by dark blue man; 03-30-2007 at 07:26 AM.
dark blue man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:30 AM   #5
givem-fear

Default LoopAZoid

Template for LoopAZoid, using four stereo-outs. No drumset loaded.

Kick to 1/2
Snare to 3/4
HiHat/Ride/Cymbals to 5/6
Toms to 7/8
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate LoopazoidDrums.RTrackTemplate (4.7 KB, 1575 views)
givem-fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #6
Jae.Thomas

some BFD templates and explainations here

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthre...light=Drumkits
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
flight

Default Loopazoid issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by givem-fear View Post
Template for LoopAZoid, using four stereo-outs. No drumset loaded.

Kick to 1/2
Snare to 3/4
HiHat/Ride/Cymbals to 5/6
Toms to 7/8
Speaking of Loopazoid, have been giving it a try, and yesterday when I first loaded it up and loaded some samples, I could just click on the buttons in the UI and hear the sample, as expected. Today, nada. All other audio is fine, but apparently no MIDI playback. Haven't changed any settings that I'm aware of. Anyone else having problems with MIDI playback, or just Loopazoid? If I can get this thing working, I'm a dyed in the wool Reapazoid for sure!
flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #8
teej813

Billoon,
Thanks for the BFD templates! Really made it easy to get BFD up and running today. man, i love Reaper.

tj

Last edited by teej813; 05-12-2007 at 03:17 PM.
teej813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #9
Billoon

No worries, mate.

Good to see theyre coming in handy.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #10
bob32069

Default Panning question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair S View Post
In Jamstix, on the Mapping tab, set the number of Outputs to 8 (Under "Sounds").

Kick to output 1
Snare to output 2
Hihat to output 3
Ride to output 4
Cymbals to output 5
Toms to output 6
Percussion to output 7

Channels 15/16 on the Jamstix VSTi track are spare and not output (just available as inputs)
This is awesome! But is it possible to adjust the panning of the individual sub-tracks? When I try to do this, I adjust the pan on the kick, for instance, and the same panning change happens to all the drum tracks.
bob32069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #11
bob32069

Anyone?.....

Thanks
bob32069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 AM   #12
Mc UB

Can anybody please explain the basic procedure to set up a multi-out track template?

If I know how, I'll gladly spent a day setting them up for the various vst's I have (and post them here).

Has something to do with a folder track, some vst-out tracks, a midi track and a closing folder track or so?

What do you do in what order?

Any help would be nice...
Mc UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:22 AM   #13
Billoon

Hey Mc UB, cool offer.

Yeah, just make a folder track...then add a bunch of tracks for hooking up the seperate outs for the VSTi, then add another track and load the VSTi into it and use this one as the 'end folder' track(which is where the midi files get recorded/put).

Check out the BFD templates i made for an example. Ask away if you still have any questions.

Cheers, B.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #14
kachaloo2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob32069 View Post
This is awesome! But is it possible to adjust the panning of the individual sub-tracks? When I try to do this, I adjust the pan on the kick, for instance, and the same panning change happens to all the drum tracks.
in the mixer tab on the bottom, try making sure "downmix" is not highlited.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:09 AM   #15
politcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair S View Post

Kick to output 1
Snare to output 2
Hihat to output 3
Ride to output 4
Cymbals to output 5
Toms to output 6
Percussion to output 7

what happened to ambience?

edit: 15/16 are not spare. They are for the ambience (OH/room mics, whatever). there is a "send to last" switch in the mixer section for directing all ambience signals to the last audio output

Last edited by politcat; 01-26-2009 at 08:28 AM.
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #16
politcat

Default JS2 with ambience track

here's a jamstix2 template that includes the ambience track (too cool to leave out)
Attached Files
File Type: rtracktemplate jamstix2 with ambience track.RTrackTemplate (25.1 KB, 781 views)
politcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:17 PM   #17
Mc UB

Default For all of you...

There are basically two different ways of using Multi out VSTi's here.

One is with an instrument playing a midi part on it's track and putting out to multiple outputs. That way, the midi data (for instance drumpatterns) are on one track also holding the instrument, and the instrument puts out to output tracks. In the case of drums this is nice, because you don't want to edit your kicks-snares-hats all on different midi-parts on different channels. Let's call this a rhythmic template for now.

The other way is the same, but with multiple midi-channels feeding the VSTi. That way you can play the instrument on different midi-channels, each with different melodies on them, playing different patches on the VSTi. You can do that for instance with Sampletank or Sonik Synth. Those ROMplers can have different samplepacks on different midi-channels. So now you can use midi-in 1 in the template to play a piano melody, while midi-in 2 is playing a Hammond organ. That's more of a melodic template if you like.

So...... Basically if you include these two basic templates, you can cater for a variety of VSTi's, drumpattern based or melodic.

Just plug your VSTi of choice in the VSTi Track, tweak it's patch and channel settings and away you go, make music! On the 8Out-4in template the midi-channels are made not to show up in the mixer, since they have no function there. If you need more or less tracks, just delete/add to them and check their routing.

Many thanx to the excellent explanation of Talisman! Read his explanation here: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8355

To Justin: if you like, you can include these templates in the next update. It will solve nearly every Multi VSTi issue of people I think...

greetzzzz!

PS: The one with 8out-8in has the midi channels all below their corresponding audio output track (alternating audio/midi channels). Found that you can re-arrange the midi tracks as you like, even putting them all in a folder of their own to get them out of the way. All midi tracks are invisible in the mixer.

Last edited by Mc UB; 05-18-2007 at 07:59 PM. Reason: added 8 out- 8 in template
Mc UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
Third Son

Default Thanks for the template...just a couple of questions....

Please indulge me.....

What I want to do is use sfz+ and record an instrument on channel 1. Then come back and record a second instrument from sfz+ on channel 2, then a third instrument on a separate track as well.

So I put sfz+ in the vst track and choose an instrument in channel 1 of the sfz+ GUI, a second in channel 2 and a third in channel 3.

Do I them record channel 1 from the MIDI 1 input? This makes my head hurt>......

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc UB View Post
There are basically two different ways of using Multi out VSTi's here.

One is with an instrument playing a midi part on it's track and putting out to multiple outputs. That way, the midi data (for instance drumpatterns) are on one track also holding the instrument, and the instrument puts out to output tracks. In the case of drums this is nice, because you don't want to edit your kicks-snares-hats all on different midi-parts on different channels. Let's call this a rhythmic template for now.

The other way is the same, but with multiple midi-channels feeding the VSTi. That way you can play the instrument on different midi-channels, each with different melodies on them, playing different patches on the VSTi. You can do that for instance with Sampletank or Sonik Synth. Those ROMplers can have different samplepacks on different midi-channels. So now you can use midi-in 1 in the template to play a piano melody, while midi-in 2 is playing a Hammond organ. That's more of a melodic template if you like.

So...... Basically if you include these two basic templates, you can cater for a variety of VSTi's, drumpattern based or melodic.

Just plug your VSTi of choice in the VSTi Track, tweak it's patch and channel settings and away you go, make music! On the 8Out-4in template the midi-channels are made not to show up in the mixer, since they have no function there. If you need more or less tracks, just delete/add to them and check their routing.

Many thanx to the excellent explanation of Talisman! Read his explanation here: http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8355

To Justin: if you like, you can include these templates in the next update. It will solve nearly every Multi VSTi issue of people I think...

greetzzzz!

PS: The one with 8out-8in has the midi channels all below their corresponding audio output track (alternating audio/midi channels). Found that you can re-arrange the midi tracks as you like, even putting them all in a folder of their own to get them out of the way. All midi tracks are invisible in the mixer.
Third Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #19
FermentedDigeridoo

Default Kontakt 4 Multi-Out Orchestral Track Template

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/8130/Kontak...L%209.6%29.zip

Here's an orchestral multi-out template I used to use, but don't anymore. It's quite nice, and most of it is routed properly.... or it used to be! Can anyone help me fix it?? I'm sure it's something simple...

Last edited by FermentedDigeridoo; 03-12-2011 at 08:20 PM.
FermentedDigeridoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #20
V'ger

Now that ZynAddSubFX has got 16 stereo audio outs to go with its 16 midi channels, here's a track template with loaded synth, 16 folded midi channels in track list and 16 stereo audio out in mixer view. Volume sliders are grouped so you can adjust them directly on the midi channels in track view.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #21
Daveinnit

Default Midi controller changing multiple vsti's

Hi, this is my first time posting here, hope I'm in the right place

I am using Reaper with an Akai MPK61 midi controller. I have two vsti's open ( reFX Nexus & Sytrus) When i use a controller knob to adjust a filter cut off on the sytrus vsti it is also adjusting the volume of the other vsti. I have used the midi learn option, but i cant seem to stop the volume on the Nexus vsti from been adjusted whenever i use a specifc knob on the controller. Any ideas? thank you
Daveinnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #22
V'ger

Here are 2 track templates for the new TX16Wx sampler:

TX16Wx track template with 12 outs in mixer
TX16Wx track template with 12 outs in mixer and folder track

Both have all 12 audio out tracks shown (only) in the mixer, the only difference is that one has a folder track (shown in mixer only), and the other has no folder track.

The advantage of the folder track is that since all outputs go through it, you can put and FX and control volume on all at the same time.

The disadvantage of the folder track is that it's just one more track to mess up the project, plus the TX16Wx instrument track will look funny in the track panel since it's slightly skewed as being part of a folder structure.

The one with the folder track has grouped (connected) volume faders between the TX16Wx instrument track and folder track so that you can control the overall volume of all outputs from the track panel.

To use track templates, go to the Reaper main menu and select: Track - Insert track from template - Open template

Or put the file(s) in the template directory so that it can be opened from the list of Reaper templates. The path might vary, but for me on Win XP it's: C:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\Application Data\REAPER\TrackTemplates
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #23
V'ger

ShortCircuit2: Two Track Templates

1 x ShortCircuit2 with Folder track, 8 audio out in mixer and 8 MIDI tracks in track panel

1 x ShortCircuit2 with 8 audio out in mixer and 8 MIDI tracks in track panel (no folder track)

To use this template, go to the Reaper main menu and select:

Track - Insert track from template - Open template

Or put the file in the template directory so that it can be opened from the list of Reaper templates. The path might vary, but for me on Win XP it is: C:\Documents and Settings\My User Name\Application Data\REAPER\TrackTemplates
Old 08-27-2014, 03:37 PM   #24
garryknight

Default Kontakt 5 Elements with four instruments on stereo outputs

Since no one's posted here in a while I thought I'd add a recent template I made using Reaper 4.721/x64 and Kontakt Elements, so it should work with recent versions of Kontakt Player.

The template features a rack of 4 instruments in Kontakt Player using stereo outputs into Reaper. The mixer contains these tracks:

1. Kontakt 5
2. Drums Audio
3. Drums Midi (channel 1)
4. Bass Audio
5. Bass Midi (channel 2)
6. Piano Audio
7. Piano Midi (channel 3)
8. Guitar Audio
9. Guitar Midi (channel 4)

In other words they are arranged as pairs of tracks with the audio from Kontakt routed through the audio track for each instrument and any Midi items in the Midi tracks routed back to Kontakt and the relevant instrument. The audio tracks are set as folders for the Midi tracks. Also, a Midi controller can be set to each Midi channel in turn to play the relevant instrument live, though recorded or edited Midi items can be on any channel as all Midi data on any channel on a track is routed back to that track's instrument.

The template has 4 Kontakt instruments pre-loaded with some test Midi items to show it working. These instruments can be changed from within the Kontakt Player interface and the Midi items can be deleted. None of the tracks are armed or monitored but obviously you can change this and re-save the template.

I also have an 8-instrument version which is too large (even when zipped) to attach here. If anyone's interested in it, I'll put it on the stash, though it should be obvious how to set it up if you just look at the routing in the 4-instrument version.

Thanks have to go to Tod, DarkStar and Fex for help getting these templates up and running.
Attached Files
File Type: rpp Kontakt 5 8-out basic instruments (4).RPP (379.6 KB, 892 views)