Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
Jae.Thomas
Human being with feelings

Default musicians available for collab

PLEASE READ THIS POST BEFORE REPLYING

hey

lets start a thread listing what we can do, so that we can form a pool of musicians/beatmakers/noiseshakers/producers/mixers/etc

to collab with!

And then we can list what we normally end up looking for in a collab partner.

PLEASE LIMIT COMMENTS TO YOUR ABILITIES AND WHAT YOU LOOK FOR...

any comments having to do with actual collabs and kudos can go elsewhere lets keep this thread organized.

Ill start it off, naturally.

I play guitar, rooted in folk, blues, and grunge/metal. Im a very rhythmic player although i can pull off the occasional solo once in a while. My soloing style is certainly blues, in the style of but not as good as SRV, i can pull of a neil young quite well, and usually incorporate it in my own way. I love metal but havent quite mastered the technique quite yet. Check out my "twist of cain" solo for the closest i get.

I also sing, basically, with a variety of different vocal styles, but all certainly me, and well, as far as it actually sounding "good" well, youll have to click on my link below to judge that for yourself. It could be an "Acquired taste".

Im normally looking for weird instrument players, (the instrument being weird, not necessarily the player) or any type of country music style background thingy (banjo, lap steel, etc) for my folk stuff...

and mostly, piano.

Last edited by Jae.Thomas; 09-16-2007 at 11:36 PM.
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #2
jamester

Cool, I'd be down for a possible Reaper collabo...

while I do play jazzy guitar, my main recording direction is hip-hop. I make beats and grooves, and spit dense wordy complicated rhymes.
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:34 AM   #3
stoneharbor

Sounds cool, I am a bass player with a hard rock early metal background. I never was good a jazz type walking bass lines, but I can play some simple ones. I have a Variax bass and a Bass Pod Live XT so i can get a real good varity of sounds.
stoneharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
Petimar

If you need mandolin (or any mandolin family instruments) or tenor guitar (4 string) I'm interested.

http://www.petimarpress.com/RichsWaltz.mp3

for a sample of my stuff.
Petimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #5
beatbybit

cool,

my focus is on adding little happenings to the "raw" tracks,

i mean like tape and other analog delay (w/feedback), vocoder, synths, drum fills, sound effects - and lots of editing.

if you're intrested.
beatbybit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:28 AM   #6
jussi

The stuff that I play and can record at home is:

Classical 8Nylon) Guitars
Electric Guitar
Bass (acoustic with pickup)
Mandolin

I would be glad to participate on anything
jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #7
bardo

Bardo here,I play the 12-string along with electric GTR.
My main influence is Steve Howe from YES.
So if anyone needs some different kind of lead sounds I can do it.
My list of equipment is at the bottom along with links to some of my tunes.
bardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
jax

I play electric guitar (rock, metal - rhytmic only:-), and bass (a little).
I'm also interested in making drum tracks (BFD + Reaper).
jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
bigwoody

Mainly a singer and rhythm guitar can play some lead too. Pretty good a finding a good harmony. Also play bass. Pretty much a hack on Keyboards and do a little harmonica.
My tastes are kinda stuck in the 70's style rock and folk type of stuff, but open to lots of styles. You can listen at the links below. It would be interesting to see what we could all come up with.

I also have a buddy that is a drummer and his kit permenantly lives at my house if we need some live drumming.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #10
Kihoalu

I play guitar, rooted in folk, blues, and anti grunge/metal.

(just kidding)

I play mostly Slack Key - hence my moniker. Open G tuning mostly, with some dropped C, capo-ed F, etc, etc. This style incorporates a fair amount of sliding, use of harmonics and lots of 6th and 3rd harmonies in mostly Major Keys. Just now branching into Bossa Nova and other Brazilian Styles.

Chief influences are: Ledward Kaapana, Ozzie Kotani, Gabby Pahinui, with Leo Kottke and John Fahey as earlier icons.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #11
mbuzz

I did a bunch of these over at PSW know turned over to the Wobm they were called CAPE ( composers/artist/producers/engineers )
It was ALOT of FUN !!!

Goto http://womb.mixerman.net/index.php and check it out for ideas

Oh ya
writer / gtr/bass/engineer/producer etc.

Later
Buzz

for reference goto www.myspace.com/machineband
mbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 AM   #12
dazzathedrummer

I'm a drummer/percussionist, backing vocalist (and lead if you like).

I play acoustic and electric drums (simmons sds v & sds 2000), I have a wide range of percussion instruments - conga's, bongos etc.

I also program drum machines and sequence drum patterns.

I used to work for Chris Rea and Stuart Epps at the Sol Mill studios in the UK.

I also record/produce/mix/write/arrange and enjoy doing anything that relates to sound.

Have a listen to a few of my early recordings on my MySpace.

i'd love to collaborate with anyone capable of generating great sounding material - you never know when collaborating on these sort of things is going to get you some paid work.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 AM   #13
Dr Bob

Default I'll add my kid in ...

Ok

me - musican - nada - but I "think" I am a good producer. Worked with bands in the 70's - Canterbury sound stuff - also did field recordings for various folk at impromptu /informal gigs(eg Henry Cow!). Now do my own thing (best kept to myself!), but do record my daughter.

She plays: soprano, alto, tenor sax, (jazz) clarinet, flute, piccolo, violin, piano, organ (ancient KAWAI), sings and will play just about anything which makes a noise. Most at grade VIII + (if that matters at all - but she can play!).

She would add in tracks as required. Have done some collabs already back in the IUMA days (remember???)

db
Dr Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #14
flight

Great idea!

Guitar player, acoustic and electric, rhythm and lead (mostly rock or blues).

Vocals/backup/harmonies - solid harmony vocals, can do lead on some types of songs, not my strongest suit.

Can do bass in a pinch.

Can help with drums/percussion.

Sounds like fun...
flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 AM   #15
Till

i'm a drummer. hardrock, hip-hop, chillout, drum'n'bass stuff. been playing half my life now.

"Recording is God's way of telling you that you suck." - Bob Brozman

My Jesusonic FX - Xenakios' Extension

REAPER FR Tracker - what is that?

The "How Stuff works in REAPER": video blog
Till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:53 AM   #16
scum

i need brutal guitars and vocals for my upcoming rough industrial noise..
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 AM   #17
likenokevin

Hey scum I can help out with some distorted guitar 'brewtality'. Not much of a lead player though. Get in touch if you want to hook up.
likenokevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #18
scum

sounds ok, i`ll pm you!
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #19
Jae.Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by likenokevin View Post
Hey scum I can help out with some distorted guitar 'brewtality'. Not much of a lead player though. Get in touch if you want to hook up.
please leave these comments for other threads or PMs, this is simply a directory

happy collabing!
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #20
noone

so I assume then that you are all sticky?

I'm not sticky, not unless I'm playing the contrabass
noone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #21
arbogast

I'm a jazzpiano player - tho I love the standard piano trio i'm no stranger to funk, fusion & free.

example: Softly as in a Morning Sunrise
http://shup.com/Shup/4570/softly.mp3
arbogast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #22
JasonTheron

Default Me

I am able to provide unrestrained quantities of programmed glitchy/break/bitskip drumming.
I am also good with dark moody melodies.
I play guitar. Mostly hardcore of the dark and somber kind but I am unable to record guitar for collabs at this point.
I'd like to participate in pretty much anything where my skills may be of use (especially if it seems as though they wouldn't).

My Band - http://ischemiacore.com
Till's FR Vote Tracker - http://tillmannn.de/reaper.html -
Underground Music in Southern Oregon - http://www.myspace.com/sohcindustries
JasonTheron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #23
Tony Dismukes

I play bass, mostly in a mellow, melodic fashion aimed at supporting vocals. I can handle folk, country, & folk-rock pretty well. I can do some rock, although I'm not too great on the really fast, aggressive stuff. I could manage some simple blues or jazz, although those really aren't my strengths.

I recently moved 150 miles from my regular band and I only get to see them when I go back to visit a few times per month. That's got me really missing the collaborative process, so I'd love to help provide bass tracks for anyone who can use them. I'll be checking the forums for any projects needing a bass player, but please - anybody who needs bass tracks, feel free to send me a private message.
Tony Dismukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #24
Wombat

...and if any of you happen to produce a track or two of something in the folk/world music genre and would like some airplay, please let me know. I run a weekly program on our local radio station. The island I live on is a major tourist destination. We get over 160,000 visitors a year from all over the world and large numbers of them tune in to KIXFM. I'd love to be able to play them something original and interesting. A collaboration of musos from around the world would fit the bill nicely, and who knows what might come of it?
Go to it!
BTW, nice mando, Petimar. I also play mandolin family instruments, but not to your standard.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #25
Raana2137

Hi guys,
I'm able to add some melodic rocking or/and bluesy guitar-parts!
I also do Bass. From Rock to walkin Bass. Send me your Tracks ;-)
Raana2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #26
Andi

Trying to get to grips with hiphop production, not quite there yet.

I can offer rap vocals though, been rapping for years, only been taking it more seriously over the past year and a half ish.

I like to write on dark, more conscious tracks, and also the odd party track (you know, ones that get the crowd happy!)

Let me know if your interested.

P.S ALWAYS looking for abstract beats! If you've made one, give me a shout, or even just a melody or whatever, I'm sure I could add some drums and a bassline in!

Last edited by Andi; 10-31-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #27
Rusrant

Electric, acoustic, slide and resonator guitar here. Would be glad to collaborate on something interesting.
Rusrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #28
GermanFafian

Hi there.
I play Electric Guitar somewhere along the Old VanHalen/Satriani/Gilmour school even thought right now I'm making electronic music.
I've done a few Psychedelic/jazzy sounding collabs in the old FL forum. So if you need some wicked guitars and FX let me know.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 PM   #29
bokey

Default Vocalist/lyricist wants to experiment

I've always had a hard time learning recording techniques because I tend to get distracted by singing or playing the guitar.By the time I get done setting things up the machines/software for recording I've lost my creative edge or whatever it's called.Killer instinct.My mojo.That thing.
After my initial efforts using Reaper v1.88 ( 2 songs total) I kind of fizzled out because, like I said, I just wanna play and all that other stuff slows me down.
But hey, I need to accept that I have to put the effort in to learn some stuff and then the setup will be easy and non distracting, maybe even part of the creative process.
My biggest problem is motivation.If someone has some songs they want vocals done for it would help me by dragging me kicking and screaming into the actual recording part of music.
Also I can write lyrics about anything.
This song is just a crappy cover medley of the songs "Love Hurts",
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Hurts

written by the great Boudleaux Bryant and the Trent Reznor song "Hurt" that was covered so hauntingly by Johnny Cash.
I was playing "Hurt" one day on my acoustic and thought " hey that would go good with Love Hurts". So I got all excited and set everything up real quick and started playing unrehearsed.This is like the 3 or 4th take, it took me a few to get the transition right.I have no idea what I did on the mix but be assured it wasn't much.
Anyway I'm more than aware of the poor quality of the recording and mix.I just kind of slammed it out since I know so little(except how to sing,that's the easy part).It's just recorded straight into a Behringer 802 mixer.probably all flat EQ'ed.I have a Behringer B-2 condensor mic.I've also got a Line6 PodXT that has a bunch of effects I've never tried.
Also at the very end I got a little vocally ,umm, overwhelming?LOL(You'll see/hear what I mean)I've got an insanely powerful voice and I hadn't figured out how to finish the song and it was like trying to stop a trainful of coal heading down a mountainside.LOL. I was just getting warmed up and not sucking to bad and it was time to stop.Another thing that I have trouble with.Sometimes I don't wanna stop playing or singing.
Oh well. I'll shut up now and check back for virtual rotten eggs and tomatoes tomorrow or so.

http://www.stashbox.org/58247/higherratehurt3.mp3

Oh yeah- I know the guitar playing kinda sucks too.I kind of had a run in with a piece of machinery years ago and had to have the first knuckle of my left ring finger amputated, so cut me some slack on the guitar.The vocals just kind of suck because I'm just starting to play and sing again.To be honest, for awhile it hurt a lot and I wasn't into it.
But I guess you can't change what you are and apparantly I'm a channeling device for music from somewhere else, cause it just kinda happens whether I want it to or not.Sometimes it claws at the inside of me trying to get out.Can't stop it so I might as work with it.
I really thought I could just give it up.

Last edited by bokey; 12-07-2007 at 09:27 PM.
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 PM   #30
mmayo

Default Bass Player Interested in adding bass to your project

I play four string bass and I am also a new Reaper user. If you wish someone with bass experience to devise a bassline for your songs - let me know.

I have done so for rock, blues and rap/hip hop. I like the good feeling when a line works out in the mix.

I have the ability to receive reaper or other wave files and a brain.

My member links has some songs (covers) that I played the bass.
mmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #31
dejankuki

Hi, I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread earlier... but it's better ever then never...
OK, I'm guitar player... mainly rock, Heavy and shreding.
I make arrangements and music...
I'm also music producer.

Here is my work... done with Reaper and Korg...
Guitars are mine!!

http://www.4shared.com/file/23624878.../Primer_4.html
dejankuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #32
pattonfreak1

Default cookie monster

I'm not to shabby a singer but better at cookie monster type vocals. I'm down for anything.
I also play a little guitar...
I say its little cuz I'm you know... a giant
Old 12-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #33
TheJazzyOne

I LOVE the idea of online collaborations, so I'm always always ALWAYS into working with people.

I play rhythm guitar in lots of different styles... blues, rock, country, metal, gospel, grunge, pop... pretty much anything that doesn't make me know chords with 6 or 7 notes. :-) (despite the name, I can't play jazz well)

I play lead guitar in a very blues-rock-country way... imagine what the 3 of them would sound like mashed up... that's me. But maybe throw in a few Chuck Berry licks from time to time.....

I play bass in pretty much any of the styles above.

I play drums, but I don't record them often. (I would for a good project, though). However, I've made it my goal over the past couple of years to get as good as possible at making programmed drums sound real, and I think it's coming along not too bad. It's fun for me to do, too, so it works out well.

I play piano/keys, too, but it's easily my weakest instrument, though. I do, however, like playing keys as a "filler"... meaning putting in organ parts into rock songs that just sit in the background and make things sound huge... it's easy stuff to play that I'm sure any of you guys that have a keyboard can do, but I have fun searching out those parts and making them fit.

Most of all, though, I'm getting into the "producing" aspect... I love putting it all together, then finding ways to make it sparkle, to fill it out, and to polish it.

Vocals I don't do much of... I do like to rap if anyone needs that, but other than that I pretty much suck. However, I have been trying to experiment with electronic vocals lately, so if anyone wants to jump down that road, I'd like to play along if you want some company.

My wife is typically willing to lend me a hand in pretty much anything I get involved in, too. She plays piano MUCH better than I do, and she has a great voice for singing backup, and a great ear for harmony.

I'm into everything. Seriously, I love making music (isn't that what it's all about?) I've recorded rock, country, hip hop, blues, gospel, show tunes, pop, metal, art rock, techno, and crazy off the wall stuff that I don't even know how to categorize.... and I can't wait to dive into new stuff at any time.

I'm always looking for new projects, and I can say that I don't bring an ego along when it comes to making music.... if you need me for a big role in a project or an incredibly small one, I'm usually very happy to be involved.
TheJazzyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #34
xxavengeatticaxx

would anyone be interested in an IDM/ Electronic type music collaboration??

PM me

im also a hell of drumset player
xxavengeatticaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 02:24 PM   #35
jens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayo View Post
I play four string bass and I am also a new Reaper user. If you wish someone with bass experience to devise a bassline for your songs - let me know.

I have done so for rock, blues and rap/hip hop. I like the good feeling when a line works out in the mix.

I have the ability to receive reaper or other wave files and a brain.

My member links has some songs (covers) that I played the bass.

I could also offer some bass-duties - please no blues though for me - but I'd like to add funk&reggae to the description.
jens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:33 PM   #36
wonderbread

I play a French Connection (electronic instrument) with sound production by my modular eurorack synth. If you're looking for violin/theremin like sounds/leads or weird analogue synth creations PM. I'd love to improvise to a mix.

JoMoX analogue beat production also available (909 style)
wonderbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #37
The Great Dictator

Hey i play cello and bass. I'd love to do something.
The Great Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #38
iamamonkeysoareyou

Hi,

Im mainly a guitarist. All sorts of styles but mainly Rock / Blues.

I tinkle on the old keyboard too.

Recently i've dabbled in electronica. (dance, atmospheric etc etc.) soundclips are at http://www.reverbnation.com/iamamonkey

Lets start collaborating!!!

Gear: AMD Athlon 3200 / M-Audio Oxygen 64 / Line6 POD Studio UX1 / M-Audio Studiophine AV40 / Korg PadKONTROL / Novation Nocturn / Ibanez Universe UV777 / Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus / REAPER!!!!!!
iamamonkeysoareyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #39
peter5992

I am a classical guitar player by training (graduated from conservatory of music in 1988), however nowadays I am into creating music using virtual libraries and synthesizers, mostly for film and TV (and videogames). I have lots of high end virtual libraries (EWQL's symphonic orchestra, symphonic choirs, stormdrum, SD2, Ministry of Rock, Fab Four, Gypsy, Voices of Passion, and many by Native Instruments) and would love to collaborate with anyone, especially vocalists. If you want to get a flavor of the different types of music I make, feel free to visit my homepage and go to "short movies" (there is a section on music as well but that is still under construction).
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #40
ArdeII

My main instrument is electric guitar but I'm also interested in making beats.
I'm into progressive music but like almost every genre there is.
I can also help with production and play various other instruments(virtual).

I'm looking lead singer for my prog songs. Contact me if you are interested in singing or/and making lyrics.

You can listen to my music by following the link in my signature.