Old 03-04-2017, 04:33 AM   #1
Chimera123
Human being with feelings

Default How to make tcp button Unclickable?

Hello,

Is it possible to make certain tcp buttons in specific tcp layout -Unclickable- in the rtconfig.txt?

Why I want to do that?

As I am doing more and more actions with my keyboard,
It seems I never click the buttons on the track panel,
but use them Only for visual feedback of the track state, (recarm on, solo/mute on, etc..)
So I want to try an ultra minimalist look,
when their off to make their png's transparent,
and that they will appear only when I turn them on with keyboard,
But, just in case, when they are transparent I don't want to click them by mistake,
thus, how to make buttons unclickable

Thank you!
Chimera123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:02 AM   #2
cubic13

AFAIK, it's not possible. I see the aim and there are cases such as this one for which it would be useful but the only way to test what is happening in real time on a track, is to use the few available scalar values such as recarm, folderstate, folderdepth or trackpanmode...

So, there is no command that allows to deactivate a control only for the mouse. Perhaps a sophisticated script, using the gfx implementation...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:51 AM   #3
Fergler

Would it possibly work to render a transparent image over top of everything else? iirc buttons can overlap by mistake and occlude each other... this could be used to advantage here.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:09 AM   #4
cubic13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Would it possibly work to render a transparent image over top of everything else? iirc buttons can overlap by mistake and occlude each other... this could be used to advantage here.
To a certain extent, yes, but which one for which control ? The problem is that every .png files used in a theme is strictly defined and tied to a predefined one, otherwise it will never be displayed.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:44 AM   #5
Chimera123

Hey Thank you for ur answers!

Interesting, as for overlap like Fergler suggested, I'm not in the level yet to know how to do it

In the meanwhile I give it a test drive, I'll admit it feels bit uncomfortable, but see how it goes after a week or two,

If it's worth it and possible I'll ask a friend to try make it using JS

Last edited by Chimera123; 03-05-2017 at 04:19 AM.
Chimera123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:34 AM   #6
woogish

make it a habit to punch yourself in the mouth every time you click on a button. Eventually you will stop it.
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:49 AM   #7
foxAsteria

Well you could display both the TCP and MCP at the same time (dock the mixer and set it to mirror track selection), but remove all the buttons from the TCP in rtconfig. You'll still be able to click and see them in the MCP, but they won't get in your way on the TCP.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:54 AM   #8
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I played around with this once, because its a really compelling way of cleaning up much of the "argh too many controls" problem when both TCP and MCP are visible, without losing the important state information. Its great stuff, and I urge you to continue; here's how to do it:

Buttons are interactive, but their overlays are not. If you reduce the 'button' element down to just a 1px dot, it can still create an overlay and that overlay can be whaetever size you like. Then, as suggested, you just need to occlude the 1px dot behind an element you are using, such as the track name, track index (better), or meter (ultimate killbox )

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.