Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-07-2021, 04:17 PM   #1
maggots
Human being with feelings

Default Currently working on Sonicdrums plugin (free & cross platform for reaper)

So I use reaper myself and it's my goto DAW, just currently working on a free open source drum vst similar to ezdrummer2 but struggling to justify building a sample based drum vst, would it even be used or is it needed? Do you yourself use ezdrummer2 or similar products or are all the just romplers.
maggots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:15 AM   #2
ivansc

I beta test for Toontrack & at one time or another also owned just about every other manufacturer`s rompler.

I would suggest you rty out the free versions of EZD2 lite, Steven Slate Drums 5.5 free, MTPowerDrums2 and a few more of the freebies out there before you make a decision or lock yourself into creating your own rompler sample base.
Oh I keep forgetting Tod & others also came up with an excellent free drum setup. Hate to admit it, but I ant remember the exact name of it right now. Tod.....???
Old 03-09-2021, 05:01 PM   #3
JamesPeters

Another free sample-based drumkit would be welcome especially if it's cross-platform (including Linux).

I use DrumGizmo and I made the kit in my signature link from it. If you feel it's not worthwhile to make a plugin but you still want to share your samples as a kit, you can make a DrumGizmo kit from them. (DrumGizmo is free, open source, and cross-platform.)
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote