Old 03-01-2021, 05:56 PM   #1
binkoboy2
Human being with feelings

Default ASIO Different Output than Input device

Hi. I want to use REAPER to live mix audio from the X-USB card of a Behringer X32 mixer and then send the output to a different computer for streaming.. I have the X-USB card plugged into my computer and into REAPER and I can read all 32 channels perfectly.

The problem is that I am using the X-USB ASIO driver and the output is going back to the X32. I need the output to instead output to my default Windows speakers. I tried using ASIO4ALL but you can't select Speakers as an output device. I also tried using all of the other audio systems. Except for WDM Kernel Streaming, all of them only detected a single stereo input from the X32 and not all 32 channels like ASIO. WDM Kernel Streaming detected all 32 inputs but also can't output to Windows.

If I can find a way to get the sound from REAPER to Windows, I can use vMix's NDI Capture program to send it to my other computer over NDI. I have done this successfully using a VST plugin (Voxengo Recorder) on the master track, but I have found it to be very unreliable with lots of sound distortion.

Any ideas? Thanks.
binkoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote