Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 06-01-2020, 03:54 PM   #41
lucas_LCS
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
I'm totally OK with you using the IO from LCS_Flat-6 as long as you're sharing the theme in Stash.

::
That also goes for the Mono/Stereo button and any of the other custom buttons.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #42
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
One problem with the theme editor on loading it.
Can't edit any of the fields as a result
Hi Fergler,
I loaded the theme in Reaper v6.11 and the adjuster is working fine here.
It works regardless of whether it lives in the Reaper/Scripts folder or the Reaper/Scripts/Cockos folder.
Have you tried re-downloading and installing the theme?

Old 06-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #43
krahosk

Thank you Jonova. I'm a big fan of flat and minimalist! Will use your theme and paypal donate.
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:38 PM   #44
robgb

This is what the default theme should have been. It would be perfect if it had separators.
robgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:43 PM   #45
sightlessness

How can I change the knobs? They are so White Tie'ish (I mean soooo simple they irk me, lol). The rest of the elements look so nice I feel they don't fit too.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:23 PM   #46
jonova

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS
That also goes for the Mono/Stereo button and any of the other custom buttons.

aaa you're right I forgot about it! But that's the only one for now I guess I've added a little note in the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgb
This is what the default theme should have been. It would be perfect if it had separators.

Noted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness
How can I change the knobs? They are so White Tie'ish (I mean soooo simple they irk me, lol). The rest of the elements look so nice I feel they don't fit too.

I'll change them in the next update

Also, thank you all for the nice words! I'm glad you guys like it That really is motivating me to work on this theme
hello there, I'm mostly procrastinating and sleeping, but if somehow I'll manage to do something - it's a soundtrack to one of my fav movies or something... you can check my www.soundcloud.com/iamjonova if you want, thanks!

Last edited by jonova; 06-02-2020 at 01:13 AM.
jonova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 12:14 AM   #47
lucas_LCS

uhmm.. robgb & sightlessness, while good people, are not part of the LCS experience.

perhaps you could correct their user names in your quotes?
Also, if you remove the number and the semi-colon at the end it will remove the link to post #41

Last edited by lucas_LCS; 06-02-2020 at 12:22 AM.
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:13 AM   #48
jonova

That's how it looks like when you post things early in the morning Fixed!
hello there, I'm mostly procrastinating and sleeping, but if somehow I'll manage to do something - it's a soundtrack to one of my fav movies or something... you can check my www.soundcloud.com/iamjonova if you want, thanks!
Old 06-02-2020, 03:40 AM   #49
ernzo

Besides, it would be Unfair to all those Excluded of the LCS Experience..
ernzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:03 AM   #50
sightlessness

Looks great here. Can't wait for new knobs.
You nailed the dark look without making my eyes constrain to notice every element.
And it takes the color tinting (any) so well, at least to my eyes :P

Old 06-02-2020, 04:04 AM   #51
jonova

Hello!

Just a quick 2.02 update mostly focused on visibility and better readability. Also, implemented a few features that you asked for:

- colored TCP IO icons
- new knobs on TCP volume and MCP pan
- separators in two sizes (narrow and wide)
- all TCP buttons are now solid, instead of semi-transparent, so all of the indicators are more visible, or at least, they should be
- and probably some other fixes that I didn't remember now

And, can somebody check on a HD or 4K screen set to 200%, if knobs are looking like these ones on my screenshots and let me know?

Screenshots:

Updated link to the Stash is in the first post

Last edited by jonova; 06-02-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:29 AM   #52
Phillipoque

This theme is GREAT!

Btw, is there other way to donate?
PayPal wants $2,51 as a comission for $5 donation.
Phillipoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:00 AM   #53
jonova

Thank you!
If it comes to PayPal, I'm not sure, but I think it only charges fees when you pay by credit or debit card. When you'll use your PayPal account balance or a bank account linked to PayPal - it is free of any commissions
Old 06-02-2020, 05:17 AM   #54
vsgrt

Excellent work. Thanks for the continued development and polish. The latest version is much easier to work with from a usability perspective.

Any plans on themeing the TCP Input/Output? Attached a screenshot, it is the only thing that looks "out of place" with the rest of the aesthetics. (No worries if not though!)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-06-02 at 14.19.56.png (20.2 KB, 228 views)
vsgrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 08:57 AM   #55
jonova

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsgrt View Post
Any plans on themeing the TCP Input/Output? Attached a screenshot, it is the only thing that looks "out of place" with the rest of the aesthetics. (No worries if not though!)
Thanks!
Yesss, of course I'm planning on changing it My goal is to redesign every default icon, or well, almost every one
Old 06-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #56
robgb

Okay. This theme is perfect now. Is there any way we can get Cuckos to adopt this as their default theme and get them to pay you a few bucks? This is truly what they should have gone for with Version 6.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #57
sightlessness

Alrighty, I love the knob on the TCP. In the MCP it looks jagged, even in your screenshots, specially the line (level indicator). Also the circumference. This is even more noticeable against a gray background.

This doesn't happen in the TCP knob (which is used for the R channel in Stereo pan mode).

I find this weird because all your lines (straight or curved) are pretty much pristine.

I use a 4k monitor.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:14 PM   #58
jonova

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgb View Post
Okay. This theme is perfect now. Is there any way we can get Cuckos to adopt this as their default theme and get them to pay you a few bucks? This is truly what they should have gone for with Version 6.
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness
Alrighty, I love the knob on the TCP. In the MCP it looks jagged, even in your screenshots, specially the line (level indicator). Also the circumference. This is even more noticeable against a gray background.

This doesn't happen in the TCP knob (which is used for the R channel in Stereo pan mode).

I find this weird because all your lines (straight or curved) are pretty much pristine.

I use a 4k monitor.
Okay, okay, I see it now. I'm currently using pretty low ppi monitor, so I can't see everything that perfectly unfortunately. I'll fix this for sure
Old 06-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #59
sightlessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonova View Post
Okay, okay, I see it now. I'm currently using pretty low ppi monitor, so I can't see everything that perfectly unfortunately. I'll fix this for sure
Thank you so much
Old 06-02-2020, 11:46 PM   #60
Pink Wool

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgb View Post
Atleast it could be optional, a flat or a more traditional theme!
Pink Wool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 02:50 PM   #61
blumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
It's like you reached into my brain and crafted a theme just for me. I LOVE THIS.

One problem with the theme editor on loading it.
Can't edit any of the fields as a result

image left.png not foundimage button_left.png not foundimage help@2x.png not foundimage page_titles@2x.png not foundimage left@2x.png not foundimage right@2x.png not foundimage dock@2x.png not foundimage color_text_on@2x.png not foundimage faderbg_gamma@2x.png not foundimage slider@2x.png not foundimage faderbg_saturation@2x.png not foundimage faderbg_tint@2x.png not foundimage color_apply_all@2x.png not foundimage bin@2x.png not found
I experienced this same issue on every Reaper 6 theme with an extension. Anyone know a fix? I've just been using the standard v6 theme editor to adjust.
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #62
blumpy

Default 2.02!

Thank you for all quick updates! Fantastic.

Personally I'd love to see window list background, window background, and all the text as well as i/o be reversed.... so the background is dark and the text light keeping with the darker look of your theme. I always keep the track list open on the right side as well as notes and when the background is bright it's blinding in my studio.

I can always adjust when you have updates but I'd love to see these windows match the rest of the theme.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:19 PM   #63
Fergler

I do indeed
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #64
blumpy

Quote:
That's a bit weird, because everything works fine on my computer, but I'll try to fix this

//edit: Can you go to Options > Show Reaper in resource path explorer/finder > Scripts > Cockos, and see if you have a folder called 'Default 6.0 theme adjuster images'?
For the record, I don't think it's your theme/script, I've experienced the same issue with every theme-script I've tried.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #65
jonova

Hi

I did another small update, including:

Nova Theme 2.03:
- new pan and width knobs on TCP and MCP (I did them based mostly on White Tie's Modders Supplies, so they shouldn't be jagged now)
- new rec input icons on TCP and MCP
- folder icons on TCP now showing only when track is actually in a folder (new folder icons also)
- dark version of the theme included in separate download, in case somebody prefers the one with light windows instead.

I had to upload it somewhere else, because these files are a bit too big for Stash (little more than 2MB). Link is in the first post

As always, if you notice a bug or something, or have any requests - feel free to tell me

Screenshots:

Old 06-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #66
blumpy

Default Pefecto!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Now, not a Nova related.... I get this with every theme script:
"image left.png not foundimage button_left.png not foundimage help_on.png not foundimage page_titles.png not foundimage right.png not foundimage dock.png not foundimage color_text_on.png not foundimage faderbg_gamma.png not foundimage slider.png not foundimage faderbg_saturation.png not foundimage faderbg_tint.png not foundimage color_apply_all.png not foundimage bin.png not foundimage helpHeader_l.png not foundimage helpHeader_r.png not found"

Anyone know why I'm getting this?
Old 06-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #67
robgb

This is a remarkable theme. Best I've ever seen. Love the dark version.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:40 PM   #68
jonova

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy
Thank you!!!!

Now, not a Nova related.... I get this with every theme script:
"image left.png not foundimage button_left.png not foundimage help_on.png not foundimage page_titles.png not foundimage right.png not foundimage dock.png not foundimage color_text_on.png not foundimage faderbg_gamma.png not foundimage slider.png not foundimage faderbg_saturation.png not foundimage faderbg_tint.png not foundimage color_apply_all.png not foundimage bin.png not foundimage helpHeader_l.png not foundimage helpHeader_r.png not found"

Anyone know why I'm getting this?
Are you sure that when you go to Options > Show Reaper in resource path explorer/finder > Scripts > Cockos, you have a folder called 'Default 6.0 theme adjuster images' here? I get this message when I delete this folder If that's not the problem - unfortunately I don't think I can help

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgb
This is a remarkable theme. Best I've ever seen. Love the dark version.
Thanks very much
Old 06-04-2020, 06:02 PM   #69
sightlessness

Man, I love you thanks so much for this. (I am even strutting the theme on the Vi-Control forum, lol).
Old 06-06-2020, 12:35 PM   #70
Hafer

Great calm theme, really like it. Donated!
Hafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #71
Fergler

I have a small request. Can you put more negative space either side of 'FX' for that button?
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:20 AM   #72
jonova

you just want a slightly wider fx button? I'll see what I can do
Old 06-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #73
vidalsh

THANKS YOU

finaly one top 2d theme. I love this one and is became to my favourite with minor changes:

http://prntscr.com/sxjmhh
vidalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #74
maralatho

This is a great looking theme. My only suggestion would be to make the scroll bars flat.
maralatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:02 AM   #75
sightlessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidalsh View Post
THANKS YOU

finaly one top 2d theme. I love this one and is became to my favourite with minor changes:

http://prntscr.com/sxjmhh
Share your mod please! Looks great (scroll bars included).
Old 06-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #76
jonova

Noted! New scroll bar will be added in the next update
Probably next week or two, because I'm a little busy at the moment
Old 06-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #77
vidalsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
Share your mod please! Looks great (scroll bars included).
http://ul.to/q509fmjp

Old 06-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #78
maralatho

Quote:
Noted! New scroll bar will be added in the next update
Probably next week or two, because I'm a little busy at the moment
That's great!
maralatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #79
sightlessness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidalsh View Post
Thanks so much mate. I like it all except some things I like more from the original's.

I'd use your MCP and your icons probably but the TCP I like more the originals (and track color behaviour: I like way more the Black Waveforms).

Flat scrollbars: awesome.

Cheers.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #80
vidalsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightlessness View Post
Thanks so much mate. I like it all except some things I like more from the original's.

I'd use your MCP and your icons probably but the TCP I like more the originals (and track color behaviour: I like way more the Black Waveforms).

Flat scrollbars: awesome.

Cheers.
Great.

You can try day or night versions if you like

http://uploaded.net/file/61lvtswm