Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-11-2020, 09:58 PM   #1
artisticspider
Human being with feelings

Default Media Item Backgrounds changing color when not set to

Basically, my settings in Prefs > Appearance > Peaks/Waveforms are:
Tint media item waveform peaks to: [x] Track Color
Tint media item background to: [ ] Track Color

However, When I change the track color, the peaks/midi notes don't change to the color as it states in the preferences. The background does, which is not checked. So obviously, I'm at a loss here. It seems to be working backwards, so I'm not sure if that's a bug or if I'm missing something somewhere.

Truth be told, I actually just want to turn both off and -only- change the track control color, not any of my default item colors. But of course, they are greyed out, so I need to go and find that trick to edit the theme. I know this is the Default Reaper 6 Theme and I understand that it's built in that way, but I really truly believe they shouldn't be. Some of us just want to slightly tweak the theme that is already there, and I'm not sure why allowing us to change these color settings is looked at like it could break something. With all the things we can customize, this is the one thing prioritized to limit our customizations by default? It seems a bit silly to me, and I'm sure we all can agree that years of people asking about it again and again can back up that claim.

But yeah, the main issue here is that the options seem switched?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper tint background.jpg (63.9 KB, 79 views)
artisticspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #2
permeke
Human being with feelings

found the solution ? , I'm also struggling with it.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote