Old 10-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
Beatsmaster
Human being with feelings

Default iCON iKEYBOARD 5X

I just purchased an iCON iKEYBOARD 5X and it is a really nice controller.

It was well made, easy to set up, decent keys and cheaper than an M-Audio Keystation 61.

Anyways, the only minor issue I'm having is the Mackie Control. It works with Reaper but with one small caveat. The touch strip fader doesn't work with Reaper. The knob works fine, and if I hit the flip key I can use the knob to control the faders on the selected track.

I might be obsessing but I would like to see if I can get the touch strip fader to work as well. It works fine in Studio One so I know the hardware isn't the issue. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 user BTW...
Beatsmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #2
Hanswurst

Hi Beatsmaster, hope I’m not necrobumping here. I stumbled over your post while looking for other iKeyboard users in Reaper.

Did find out more about your fader problem?

I just got my iKeyboard 8S (seems to be the same as the X series with included audio interface) and was unable to get the control surface mode working in Reaper. I’m using the user defined mode for now and here you can just configure the fader to send MIDI signals.

In any case, the iKeyboard software seems to be a bit on the weird side… any other iKeyboard users here?
Hanswurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #3
schoko

yeah, i have bought an icon 8x too, but didn't try it with reaper, i did a firmware update(maybe that helps), maybe i can try it out at weekends...
schoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
Hanswurst

Hi schoko, thanks for replying. I got the control surface working after I figured out how to get the included iMap software to do what I want. Unfortunately, there is predefined Mackie preset for Reaper so I just used that one for Ableton Live and it worked fine.

However, since I figured I don’t need most of the standard control surface options but could use some of those lighted buttons for my workflow, I’m currently poking around in Reapers csurf plugin (which implements Mackie mode capabilities for Reaper) to maybe hack some customized behavior in there…
Old 03-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #5
Badgie

Default Another iKeyboard User

I have just bought an icon iKeyboard 4X from Thomann. It's very good but same problem - can't get the fader to work. Aaargh!

I've started messing around with the XML files but without any info I'm just stabbing in the dark. I'm not even sure it is loading the files I select from disk to the keyboard. Anyone ever found any info?

In general it seems to be a great keyboard - once you get the best velocity curve for your playing
Badgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:26 PM   #6
Hanswurst

Hi Badgie, is this just about the fader or do you need the whole control surface stuff, too?
Old 05-13-2019, 09:00 AM   #7
Badgie

I have all the control surface options working, by setting it to the REAPER profile, it's just the slider I can't seem to make any use of
Badgie is offline   Reply With Quote