Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-17-2018, 03:06 AM   #1
estux
Human being with feelings

Default Nektar Impact LX61+, is integration customizable?

Hi,

I bought this keyboard/controller a couple of weeks ago, I have installed the control plugin for Reaper and the integration is working correctly. The keyboard is configured as a controller/osc device.

I have tried to contact Nektar's support but I didn't get a reponse from them , so I have been trying to see if I can change some of the default integration actions from the Reaper's side.

When I open the actions list I can see there some actions controlled by the integration provided by the plugin, but can I change those? Is there any file that I can edit to modify the default behaviout?

For example, buttons bellow the faders are asigned automatically to mute/unmute track action, but I would like to asing them to the arm actions.

Right now I am using one of the midi presets (like any other midi device with no integration with Reaper), but I would like to use the integration through the "mixer" preset in the controller.

Thanks for the help.
estux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:44 AM   #2
TheWhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by estux View Post
Hi,

I bought this keyboard/controller a couple of weeks ago, I have installed the control plugin for Reaper and the integration is working correctly. The keyboard is configured as a controller/osc device.

I have tried to contact Nektar's support but I didn't get a reponse from them , so I have been trying to see if I can change some of the default integration actions from the Reaper's side.

When I open the actions list I can see there some actions controlled by the integration provided by the plugin, but can I change those? Is there any file that I can edit to modify the default behaviout?

For example, buttons bellow the faders are asigned automatically to mute/unmute track action, but I would like to asing them to the arm actions.

Right now I am using one of the midi presets (like any other midi device with no integration with Reaper), but I would like to use the integration through the "mixer" preset in the controller.

Thanks for the help.
Hi, I am using the LX88+.

I am very satisfied with the integration, especially the controlability of vsti via the knobs and faders.

Have a look at the atached picture.
It is the implementation of the LX as a controller device.

You can not map the mixer controls, so no record arm via the integrated controler device software.

The one thing you can map is the knobs and faders when you are in instrument mode.
This is a killer feature, as these get stored in the Reaper folder and will be remembered.
When you use them they can be written in automation which is awesome.

If you want to make the buttons work as record arm, you should try to get your head around controling Reaper functions via midi.
On the Nektar this is preset mode then .

Have a look into the manual. I personally never tried this, so no direct hint, sorry.
TheWhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #3
estux

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhistler View Post
Have a look at the atached picture.
Thanks, I saw it before I purchased the keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhistler View Post

The one thing you can map is the knobs and faders when you are in instrument mode.

If you want to make the buttons work as record arm, you should try to get your head around controling Reaper functions via midi.
On the Nektar this is preset mode then .
Sure, that's what I am doing. But it would be great to have some degree of customization for the mixer controls. Reaper is so customizable and powerful that I can not stop wondering if there is something I can do in Reaper about this.

Overall I am very satisfied with the keyboard, specially for the price.
estux is offline   Reply With Quote