Old 07-14-2020, 06:09 AM   #41
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovnis View Post
+ Media explorer: more efficient duplicate prevention with gigantic databases
Thx you. It is a little laggy (2 seconds freeze) but it works.

The database you sent us has 478,236 files in it so I guess a little lag is to be expected.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:10 AM   #42
mabian
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Yeah, it would be more logical.
If there was a similar modifier also for the corresponding non AS related gestures (copy item etc.), yes. If not it would be inconsistent....

- Mario
Old 07-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #43
nappies

Devs! Big thanks for option to show sends in TCP!

BTW.Can we show/hide optionally this this tiny line.Or just ability to change color to make more clean?

nappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 06:52 AM   #44
emwhy

Gonna give this pre a try....is there an option to enable/disable the new FX features in the TCP? Is it theme dependent?

Sorry for my ignorance, been a busy few weeks and just now getting back to the studio.
emwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:01 AM   #45
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post
Since everyone seems to be talking about envelopes...

The envelope points REAPER has are tiny and really hard to tweak compared to envelopes on other DAWs.
Here are some comparisons:

Could we perhaps get an option to scale the envelope point size, and have them use the space better when the envelopes are zoomed in vertically?
Yes please this would be great....
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:31 AM   #46
Win Conway

@schwa Justin

Quote:
[*]# Media explorer: add action to insert media into active sample player instance
This feels a little klunky (Sorry, couldn't think of a better word)
It needs the RS5K to be open and selected, it would be slicker if you could just select a track that had RS5K on it.
Most importantly though is the way it is implemented at the media explorer end, this is what make it all feel a bit out of place in comparison to Reapers usual way of previewing.
Example...
Say I am going through my samples previewing them with autoplay on, this really becomes impossible to use if you want to preview in context by using insert in to active sampler, because you have to disable media explorer playback, otherwise you are now hearing two versions, the autoplay in the media explorer plus the one inserted in to the active sampler.
So you cant really autoplay preview and insert to active.
There is no real preview in context (Something where Reaper has always shined brighter than all other software) because once you insert to active sampler, there is no way back to the previous sample.

I would like to suggest that in the I/O context if "Play through selected track" is ticked, and a track with RS5K is selected, that the sample is temporarily loaded in to that RS5K and then we would have preview in context, this is also completely invisible in terms of UI or design, and just works how Reaper has always worked for in context previewing.
Autoplay for going through samples quickly would still work, and you could always press stop in the media explorer and the RS5K would revert to the original sample.
This would take Reaper right over the edge in terms of sample based workflows (RS5K updates not withstanding)

FYI I even tried right clicking a toolbar assigned to insert in to active sampler, just in case hahahaha FAIL.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:36 AM   #47
Win Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwhy View Post
Gonna give this pre a try....is there an option to enable/disable the new FX features in the TCP? Is it theme dependent?

Sorry for my ignorance, been a busy few weeks and just now getting back to the studio.
It is theme dependant in the sense that the theme needs to support FX Parameters in the TCP at least, you can then activate it via the options menu.
You should go back through the changelog on the last bunch of pre releases though, and dont expect the theme to be working great off the bat, we still dont have all the details on how this will end up right now, or indeed how much theming ability it has or will have, that documentation is not available yet.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:58 AM   #48
Win Conway

RS5K dials are being rendered using knobstack, but non of the other dials that use the same gen images are using knobstacks, media explorer for example, is this expected ?
Here it is with no gen_knob_bg_small.png in my theme, but a knobstack.png instead.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:19 AM   #49
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
The database you sent us has 478,236 files in it so I guess a little lag is to be expected.
That's really not that many files in any modern file system and imho not a very suitable justification for lag.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #50
EvilDragon

It depends, really.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #51
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Yes please this would be great....
Plus one
Old 07-14-2020, 01:43 PM   #52
cairnan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBird View Post
Since everyone seems to be talking about envelopes...

The envelope points REAPER has are tiny and really hard to tweak compared to envelopes on other DAWs.
Here are some comparisons:

Could we perhaps get an option to scale the envelope point size, and have them use the space better when the envelopes are zoomed in vertically?
--

+1 on this for me too. Reaper's automation is fantastic (automation items, pooling, etc), but the individual points can be difficult to grab, and should be a bit larger!
cairnan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 01:46 PM   #53
cairnan

Would be very apropos / very 'Reaper' if users could set the draggable envelope point size to a certain minimum or maximum of pixels, in the preferences. But with a range, or at least larger than 7px!
cairnan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 02:05 PM   #54
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Ah, sorry. If you have a langpack installed, +dev0713 may crash on opening. A temporary workaround is to edit REAPER.ini to remove the langpack= line. We'll fix this for a build today.
Hi, schwa!

v6.12+dev0714
Now everything is ok!

Thanks a lot!