Old 10-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
rstockm
Human being with feelings

Default ReaCast - username?

I just took a look at ReaCast - and I can't find an option for the username, just password... username@URL doesn't work, either. Any ideas?

rstockm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 05:04 AM   #2
sickamorz
Banned

You need to have the device you are sending to setup first before you can cast to it.
It's really simple once the other device is ready.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
rstockm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamorz View Post
You need to have the device you are sending to setup first before you can cast to it.
It's really simple once the other device is ready.
Well - yes, but: the Nicecast server I want to broadcast to, requires username : password. The form just offers a field for password. How do I set the username?
rstockm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
sickamorz
Banned

Did you try using host port?
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #5
Aleskis

Hello,

Don't understand too, the way to authenticate to the server without username.
In hostort: master.shoutcast.com:8000
Password : my shoutcast account password.
URL : http://listen.shoutcast.com/RadioName

When clicking <Broadcast> the message is "Error authenticating with server".

Any idea ? Did I forgot something ?

Thank you.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:32 AM   #6
vitalker

Jon showed the process of setting here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbF2NRE7WoY
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:35 AM   #7
Aleskis

Saw it but video doesn't answer to my questions.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #8
SonicAxiom

I'm trying to set up an ICEcast stream with ReaCast. Does anyone know how to do this? I managed to get an ICEcast stream running properly using ALTAcast but I'd prefer to use ReaCast instead to be able to stream directly from Reaper.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:27 PM   #9
woogish

nope..............
woogish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:33 AM   #10
Faderjockey

I've had trouble as well.. had it working with Shoutcast but was like 2min delay and then stop connecting.. says error more times then it works.

This works amazingly and fast not much delay to it. https://audiomovers.com/

But not free I used it in demo mode and did a tracking session with client listening to takes to ok them.. and it was awesome with out a problem. But it's pretty cheap for day price and weekly but would like it if ReaCast could work this well and be free but don't see that happening.
Faderjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #11
SonicAxiom

can anybody explain how to set up ReaCast for ICEcast streaming? I can't get it to work although I can manage to stream via ALTAcast. Do I have to launch ICEcast server or is everything done by the plugin. ReaCast actually pretends it's sending out the stream but I cannot pick it up and NetMeter shows no data being streamed through my network interface.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #12
pytchblend

How do I pass the username to my server? There is no username field on the ReaCast panel.
is there a fancy way to include the username in the password field? I've tried mypassword:#myusername... I'm stuck.
pytchblend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:44 AM   #13
BartR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
can anybody explain how to set up ReaCast for ICEcast streaming? I can't get it to work although I can manage to stream via ALTAcast. Do I have to launch ICEcast server or is everything done by the plugin. ReaCast actually pretends it's sending out the stream but I cannot pick it up and NetMeter shows no data being streamed through my network interface.

ReaCAST works fine with Shoutcast as well as with Icecast.

You need to launch Icecast server, and put the password on ReaCAST that you setup on icecast.xml

For instance:

<authentication>
<!-- Sources log in with username 'source' -->
<source-password>hackme</source-password>
</authentication>

then on ReaCast put "hackme" as password (without quotes)

And set the port, that you use for icecast. I do use the 8002.
BartR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:37 PM   #14
SonicAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartR View Post
ReaCAST works fine with Shoutcast as well as with Icecast.

You need to launch Icecast server, and put the password on ReaCAST that you setup on icecast.xml

For instance:

<authentication>
<!-- Sources log in with username 'source' -->
<source-password>hackme</source-password>
</authentication>

then on ReaCast put "hackme" as password (without quotes)

And set the port, that you use for icecast. I do use the 8002.
Thanks for the info, Bart. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I'm successfully running Icecast streams from my computer via AltaCast, however, I can't figure out how to fill in all credentials required by Icecast into ReaCast. In AltaCast, I have to define a server IP (my-server@my-dns-provider.com), the server port (8000 in my case), the password and a mount point (/stream.ogg). I've tried to enter all this into ReaCast in various ways (also with and without typing in the mount point) but to no avail.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #15
SonicAxiom

in the meantime, as a workaround, I'm inserting Voxengo Recorder instead of ReaCast and set it to output audio via a virtual audio cable. This signal is then picked up by AltaCast and streams flawlessly (provided Icecast server had been launched). Streaming bitrate and some additional meta data can be configured in Altacast preferences. This setup is the most convenient of all that I've tried so far.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:56 AM   #16
BartR

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Bart. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work. I'm successfully running Icecast streams from my computer via AltaCast, however, I can't figure out how to fill in all credentials required by Icecast into ReaCast. In AltaCast, I have to define a server IP (my-server@my-dns-provider.com), the server port (8000 in my case), the password and a mount point (/stream.ogg). I've tried to enter all this into ReaCast in various ways (also with and without typing in the mount point) but to no avail.

Please here a video that explains how to :

Last edited by BartR; 03-27-2020 at 04:16 AM. Reason: corrected YT tag
Old 03-27-2020, 03:40 PM   #17
SonicAxiom

Thanks again, Bart! I still can't get it to work

I can't think of a single combination of settings that I've not tried but ReaCast doesn't stream anything. I've found a few old threads here on the forum and I've also tried ShoutVST but all this didn't work either. Apart from that, I can stream without problems if I'm using Voxengo Recorder and a virtual audio cable that feeds the signal from Reaper to BUTT or Altacast.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:51 PM   #18
BartR

Quote:
Thanks again, Bart! I still can't get it to work

I can't think of a single combination of settings that I've not tried but ReaCast doesn't stream anything. I've found a few old threads here on the forum and I've also tried ShoutVST but all this didn't work either. Apart from that, I can stream without problems if I'm using Voxengo Recorder and a virtual audio cable that feeds the signal from Reaper to BUTT or Altacast.

I'm sure that there's something particular on your setup that stops it to work. Are you sure that the port is free?
Can you set it up on different port, rather than 8000? TO check if it works locally?
Old 03-27-2020, 04:11 PM   #19
SonicAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartR View Post
I'm sure that there's something particular on your setup that stops it to work. Are you sure that the port is free?
Can you set it up on different port, rather than 8000? TO check if it works locally?
I REALLY apprechiate your continuous, immediate help, Bart!

I'm pretty sure that I've double-checked everything, be it ports, firewall rules, uPnP, antivirus and all the settings inside the various plugins and tools I've tried. I've actually been streaming the entire afternoon while doing the different tests. Voxengo Recorder + VB-Audio Cable + BUTT has been working flawlessly for months over port 8000 and using my custom DNS server address. I tried using my WAN IP instead and this also works - but, sure enough, it does not in ReaCast and ShoutVST. I'm a fairly experienced (and very stubborn) person when it comes to things like these and I'll surely continue going through all the settings again but I can't see any detail that I may have missed.

Last edited by SonicAxiom; 03-30-2020 at 06:06 AM.
SonicAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:55 AM   #20
BartR

Quote:
I REALLY apprechiate your continuous, immediate help, Bart!

I'm pretty sure that I'voe double-checked everything, be it ports, firewall rules, uPnP, antivirus and all the settings inside the various plugins and tools I've tried. I've actually been streaming the entire afternoon while doing the different tests. Voxengo Recorder + VB-Audio Cable + BUTT has been working flawlessly for months over port 8000 and using my custom DNS server address. I tried using my WAN IP instead and this also works - but, sure enough, ir does not in ReaCast and ShoutVST. I'm a fairly experienced (and very stubborn) person when it comes to things like this and I'll surely continue going through all the settings again but I can't see any detail that I may have missed.

That's definitely strange because with Shoutcast as well as with Icecast worked out as easy as 1-2-3.
if the machine is the same of the DAW, the IP that it should call, is the one of the interface, not the one of the loopback (thus not 127.0.0.1).
Check also the firewall of Windows if has Iceast enabled
Old 08-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #21
MarceloCarneiro

Default Reacast and Shoutcast Today Mac

Hi, The Reaper Blog video about reacast is out of date. I tried today to sign an account on Shoutcast and everything seems different from Reaper Blog's video. After registering and logging in, no information as host port number, IP, server description appears. Shoutcast give me a message saying I should configure DNAS. No DNAS option for Mac though. Any suggestions?
Thanks
MarceloCarneiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:37 AM   #22
BartR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloCarneiro View Post
Hi, The Reaper Blog video about reacast is out of date. I tried today to sign an account on Shoutcast and everything seems different from Reaper Blog's video. After registering and logging in, no information as host port number, IP, server description appears. Shoutcast give me a message saying I should configure DNAS. No DNAS option for Mac though. Any suggestions?
Thanks
SHOUTCAST

ICECAST