Old 07-12-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
ropeadope
Human being with feelings

Default Futurebass style Electronic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmncw6qx0g...aster.wav?dl=0

Looking for feedback on the above track, especially regarding the mix. I'm at the point where I'm not sure if what I'm changing is making a positive impact and I should really just stop fiddling for a while.

I realize the arrangement becomes a little tiresome after a while - it would be nice to have a vocal to drive the direction of the song.

THANKS in advance!
ropeadope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
OPI

Cant listen to the mix atm but the arrangment really fucks with your audience. Your intro was really awesome. I mean really awesome. And then some epic chords came in and you think something is coming and then you bring down the energy again. Imagine people listening to this in a club or a dance scene. As soon as the big chords come in, They would all have there hands up and shit getting ready for whats coming and then " Oh wait.. okay, were going back down again.. Oo".

Otherwise really cool production. Ill get to listen to the mix later. Nice to see another future head here on the forum. Cheers.

(edit)

I would suggest at the 39 second mark, you should bring in those clap and build up to the drop. All that other stuff is just filling space. Just get to the point of the song, even if it makes the song 30 seconds shorter. Dont just add stuff for the sake of it. I liked the transition to the second drop... "Pew da new na" lol. Really cool.

Also, Id get a more futureish snare drum. Sounds like your rocking a dubstep snare which doesnt blend to my ears. Try pitching up the snare or pick a totally different snare and add a layer like a tom drum pitched up about 5 semitones. Future snares dont have to have as much beef as when your mixing dubstep.

Edit: Also your highs are really clashing. Not sure exactly what it is.

My favorite part about future bass is the empty spaces. It give it a more powerful sound since its not just a straight wall of sound. Give it some gaps and transitions.

Last edited by OPI; 07-13-2017 at 02:20 AM.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
OPI

Sorry for the long reply. Its all really just imo. Hope some of it can help tho
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
ropeadope

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPI View Post
Cant listen to the mix atm but the arrangment really fucks with your audience. Your intro was really awesome. I mean really awesome. And then some epic chords came in and you think something is coming and then you bring down the energy again. Imagine people listening to this in a club or a dance scene. As soon as the big chords come in, They would all have there hands up and shit getting ready for whats coming and then " Oh wait.. okay, were going back down again.. Oo".

Otherwise really cool production. Ill get to listen to the mix later. Nice to see another future head here on the forum. Cheers.

(edit)

I would suggest at the 39 second mark, you should bring in those clap and build up to the drop. All that other stuff is just filling space. Just get to the point of the song, even if it makes the song 30 seconds shorter. Dont just add stuff for the sake of it. I liked the transition to the second drop... "Pew da new na" lol. Really cool.

Also, Id get a more futureish snare drum. Sounds like your rocking a dubstep snare which doesnt blend to my ears. Try pitching up the snare or pick a totally different snare and add a layer like a tom drum pitched up about 5 semitones. Future snares dont have to have as much beef as when your mixing dubstep.

Edit: Also your highs are really clashing. Not sure exactly what it is.

My favorite part about future bass is the empty spaces. It give it a more powerful sound since its not just a straight wall of sound. Give it some gaps and transitions.
Thanks dude for such detailed feedback - MUCH appreciated!

I pitched up the snare and you aren't wrong, it sounds pretty good!

Going to experiment today with going from the initial big chord stack directly to drop without the transition - I agree it fizzles out a bit at that point.

For the high clash, it could be the percussion layer clashing with the pads. I also introduced a -1 lead harmony which could be blowing up the mix at 10-15k.

The space issue could also be impacting the mix. Obviously I have a lot of pads / FX going on of compressed, stretched and verb pinao hits, string hits, vox etc. I always reductive EQ the f out of everything but I'll go through each track and see where I can notch.

Thanks again!
ropeadope is offline   Reply With Quote