Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 03-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #1
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Default How Do I: Using Video in Reaper-Using multiple videos from different angles

Hi, All!

I have been playing around with video within Reaper. I am recording a song all the way through like 5 times, each from a different angle.

I am wanting to include slides in the song too!

As the song plays I want to do a dissolve from one to another as well as showing the slides.

I am a newbie to using video in Reaper and would be grateful for some information about how to accomplish my goal(s)
Old 03-28-2019, 04:57 AM   #2
urednik

apply an FX
video - fades affect track opacity
and then play around with fades
W10 (64) Lenovo E540 - SSD; Lenovo B590; W7 (32), Compaq 610 (2.1Ghz core 2 duo, L2 cache, 2GB RAM); DPA 4018, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MTSC 64, Neumann mk184, AEA Ribbon 88mk, AKG SolidTUBE; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, recording merely live acoustic music.

Last edited by urednik; 03-28-2019 at 05:09 AM.
urednik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
carbon

Some good information here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5eW...IHWnfK&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anCt...IHWnfK&index=6
Old 03-30-2019, 07:34 PM   #4
SonicAxiom

one convenient way of dealing with multi-angle video footage is to implode all videos into a single item as takes (after having them properly aligned). You can then very easily switch or crossfade between the different angles, much easier than if they were on their own tracks.

Old 03-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
sjs94704

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
one convenient way of dealing with multi-angle video footage is to implode all videos into a single item as takes (after having them properly aligned). You can then very easily switch or crossfade between the different angles, much easier than if they were on their own tracks.

Sounds like a great idea! I learn best by watch videos. Is there one on YouTube that demonstrates how to do this 'imploding onto one track' as you say?
Old 03-30-2019, 08:40 PM   #6
SonicAxiom

it's simple. First, place the videos on separate tracks as usual and then align them to be in sync. Afterwards, select them all, right-click into one of them and choose the option "Take -> Implode items across tracks into takes". All videos will be combined into one item as takes. The highlighted one will be the one that is visible. At the point where you wanna switch to another angle, split the item and highlight the take of another video. It works the same way as comping audio takes.

You can also overlap the split area for a short time to create crossfades between the angles. However, to use crossfades, you have to insert the "Video processor" plugin into the track fx and select the preset "Basic helpers: Item fades affect video". Here's how it works: