Old 05-21-2018, 01:45 PM   #1
laser558
Human being with feelings

Default Automation issue

Hello all. I have come across an irritating issue relating to automation. I am wondering if it is just me or has anyone else experienced the problem.It exists in 5.52 right through to 5.80...it may even be before 5.52. I have a track with some audio on and I am keeping the fader right at the bottom, so no sound at all, towards the end of the audio, I then begin to slowly lift the fader. However, what appears to be happening is that the fade up begins when I first bring the fader to zero to the point that I purposely bring the fader up to hear sound. I know, this is difficult to explain but it appears where I should have silence, a long drawn out fade then ensues where I can hear audio, when I shouldn't. It is not marking mute points on the automation, if that makes sense. Help please. Maybe someone could try it. Put a piece of audio on a track, pull down the fader to the bottom, so infinity, keep it there for, say 10 or 12 seconds and then bring the fade up. So although I can't hear the audio when doing this live, when I playback, a slow fade up will occur between when the fade was at its lowest to the start of when the fader was begun to be put up...in other words, you will have a slow fade up over the course of that 10 or 12 seconds, so it is not mute, as I had wanted it to be. If someone else could try the same thing and let me know their results, I would appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Last edited by laser558; 05-22-2018 at 12:08 AM.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:48 AM   #2
laser558

I think I have the answer to this problem. If you go to options and select envelope points, the option to "reduce envelope point data when recording or drawing automation" is selected by default or perhaps in my dim and distant past, I inadvertently selected it. By unselecting this, automation operates how it should. I was pulling my hair out yesterday...well, what I have left of it. I am leaving this post on here, just in case someone has the same issue.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:28 AM   #3
ALex1973

Thank you! I also had that problem! Quite annoying, hey? ;-)
ALex1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:47 AM   #4
laser558

The beauty of the forums. Knowledge is shared. I am glad you found this useful. Now I am trying to glue my hair back.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:02 AM   #5
ALex1973

Cool! :-D
ALex1973 is offline   Reply With Quote