Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2018, 04:12 AM   #1
fbongiovanni87
Human being with feelings

Default VST Path change causing horrible skipping/stuttering

So here's my issue and I'll try and make sure I get everything in.

I recently bought Getgood Drums and downloaded Kontaktplayer to run it. My VST path was for some reason only recognizing the 32 bit version, so I added a new extension to rescan and get the 64bit version. I accidently had my entire C drive selected and Reaper started opening all my .dll files in Windows.

I managed to get through that problem, with help from older posts, but since getting all my VSTs back to being usable and recognized, my mixes stutter to the point where there are seconds inbetween playback. I tried turning off all Fx and am still getting stuttering, and it's just weird that prior to the .dll/vst issue, my laptop which is less than a year old could run 50 track projects with multiple busses and fx(both 86x-bridged and regular 64bit)

My Setup:

Asus Business Laptop,Windows 8 64bit, i5 Processor, 8gb RAM, 7200rpm Internal, 128gb Samsung Pro external running through USB 3.0

Audiobox iTwo interface

Im running the newest version of Reaper and updated my ASIO drivers since this problem started. I have my C: drive partitioned (C: and D: ) D: being for samples and finished media, C: for my programs/DAW/Vsts and an External SSD ( X: ) for my recorded material to be read and trafficked back and forth.

My Cpu read-out on the performance meter isn't out of the ordinary, but the RAM Usage in Task Manager is spiking horribly from Reaper.

Idk if what I did in the pathscript has caused this, but anyhelp would be appreciated. I will get to using Getgioddrums eventually, but all I want to be able to use reaper in anysense without glitches.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Last edited by fbongiovanni87; 04-20-2018 at 04:35 AM.
fbongiovanni87 is offline   Reply With Quote