Old 07-16-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
stinnett15
Human being with feelings

Default Brand new user, completely lost

I've been using Logic for about a year now, wanted to switch over to a PC for more of a permanent setup. Downloaded Reaper today (after watching several tutorial videos) and I quickly realized I had so much more to learn than what I thought. I was having issues extracting audio files from the media browser (when looking in documents they are there, when looking in browser they're not). Also, can't get any sound to play whatsoever.
I'm still very amateur and when I used logic all I used was my laptop and a small little beat pad midi. I do, however, have some studio monitors and an audio interface in the mail as we speak. Should I just wait until that gets here to really get started and to address the no sound issue?
Lastly, I've watched numerous tutorial videos like I said, but was just wondering if anyone had any quick pointers to just get up and running on Reaper, from a producers perspective especially.
Thanks in advance.
stinnett15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Judders

These videos should get you up and running: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Q3kdy7ROE2K-F4
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
BRS_Kent

Default Get your sound out...

Open up preferences (Ctrl-P) then Audio>Device

When your new interface turns up, come back here (after installing the drivers) and select ASIO.

For now, select Direct Sound and make sure the output device is what you hear your Windows beeps and MP3s on.

OK that dialoge, import a file to a new track (drag and drop onto the main time window), hit space bar and you should see meters moving and hear it.
BRS_Kent is offline   Reply With Quote