Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 02-24-2018, 12:05 AM   #1
radeoactive
Human being with feelings

Default left channel only madness. Zoom UAC-8

Hello all,

I Recently downloaded REAPER 5.75 on windows 10, and am trying to set up my Zoom UAC-8 with it. I'm having an issue with both stereo and mono tracks playing only through my left speaker. I've gone through all the panning on my tracks, and still am not having any luck. Reaper is currently at it's default settings. Width at 100% Stereo balance mono pan (default) on master track etc. I'm showing signal on both left and right channels being received by the master track. So my issue must be with device set up or output routing. My outputs are DAW1 -DAW20, and DAW1/2 are supposed to be the L and R main outputs. However DAW2 is only going to left speaker as well. Im Lost.. Help!!!

I've included device set up photos

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (15).jpg (56.5 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot (16).jpg (53.3 KB, 254 views)
radeoactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 12:30 AM   #2
Pickasso

Is there a possibility of a wiring problem?
Is there another audio program you can use to test stereo playback?
You could always right click volume icon on taskbar/playback devices/right click your interface, select test. If you hear both speakers L/R playing back(one side at a time) the chime, then it's a setting in Reaper, not the wiring.
Pickasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:28 AM   #3
solger

I'm assuming the speakers are connected to the main outputs 1 & 2 on the back of the UAC-8, right?

What's the model name of the speakers?
And what audio cables & connectors are used in this case?

And just for testing purposes (to rule out a faulty or wrong cable issue): what happens when swapping the cables on the left and right outputs (like, for instance, is the signal then only audible in the right speaker)?

EDIT:
Quote:
I'm showing signal on both left and right channels being received by the master track.
Does it also show a stereo signal for the Main Out inside the MixEfx software?

Last edited by solger; 02-25-2018 at 02:30 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
radeoactive

Both of your suggestions were great!

I was able to find out that it wasn't REAPER at all. I am getting signal through Mix Efx all the way out to my audio driver itself. Running the windows test on the device has it sending sound to all 20 outputs, but only left hand channel is heard in each one. Checked device panning settings in Windows playback as well. Ruled out driver issue by reinstalling EVERYTHING with most up to date. I've ruled out all cord connections, but my USB 3.0. I will end up testing a new USB cable as soon as stores open, and then a different computer all together, cause Windows 10 really messed with my lap top. Would you guys have any other suggestions? (praying my interface isn't pooched).

Also Thanks for the help again.

Last edited by radeoactive; 02-24-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-26-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
radeoactive

Default SOLVED!!!

Your suggestions narrowed my search down to something with my hardware. Covered under Warranty, and I'm recording now.

Thanks for the help!