Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-29-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
RDBOIS
Banned

Default Latency with Wifi Logitech Headset Microphone - Two Questions

I bought a Wifi/Bluetooth Logitech headset with microphone to record vocal ideas while playing back the instrumental version of my songs.

The Bluetooth audio recording, for some strange reason, only records a signal up to 5K hz. I validated this by adding the ReaEQ plugin on the recorded track and looking at the spectrum --> There is a sharp cut off at 5K Hz and up (i.e. no signal input).

Is this gear specific or did I set it up wrong?

Fortunately, the Logitech headset comes with a USB insert that captures WiFi signal. This is better -> the frequency cut off is at 10K Hz, which is acceptable given that I'm only recording on the fly audio as a sounding board for creative purposes.

But, the Wifi microphone recorded audio track is seriously lagging behind. It depends on the soundcard config, but with my current ASIO4all set up I get an approx 100ms latency value.

Question 1:

I can go into the Pref-Audio-Recording and set the Input Manual offet: box Sample to 100ms, but this seems rather haphazard. I wonder if there is a better way to find the latency value associated to my Wifi issue? I got to 100ms by trying various numbers, singing, and re-doing it until the vocal seemed to be lining up properly. This is assuming I'm actually singing in time with the beat?! See what I mean?

Question 2:

When I click the Record Monitoring ON, so I can listen to myself sing in the headphones, I have yet another lag -latency. This one I do not know how to fix with settings? How can I configure Reaper to adjust for this delay? Note: knowing this would also help me when I add FX and get an even bigger lag.

Thanks
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote