Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 03-20-2023, 09:25 PM   #1
skylar_battles
Human being with feelings

Default "When adding volume/pan envelopes, apply trim to envelope and reset trim" 2 nitpicks

When setting this preference to read/write or always, when it applies trim and resets the fader, you will hear a quick spike in volume that is remedied right after the trim is applied and fader jumps back to 0. The resulting spike is probably less than a second long. Not tested on width and pan but imagine the behavior is the same.

I also thought it might be helpful to define these as this took me a while to understand:

“Always” = fader value for pan, width or, volume is applied to opened envelopes and parameter is reset on all 6 automation modes

“In read/write” = fader value for pan, width or, volume is applied to opened envelopes and parameter is reset in 5/6 automation modes excluding trim/read

“Never” = fader value for pan, width or, volume is not applied. Fader stays where it is and envelope starts at 0 ignoring the position the fader was set at

"In read/write" seems like it should be named "Always except trim/read"? I feel like that would be more clear.

Also when would never even be useful?

Last edited by skylar_battles; 03-22-2023 at 11:26 AM.
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote