Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 05-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
ManyTracks
Human being with feelings

Default Crash when saving after rendering

Project with some 60-70 tracks and some 50 Kontakt 5. Running real well in Reaper. Much more solid and fluid and lower RAM and CPU usage than in any other DAW. I love Reaper

Title isn't 100% correct. WHEN it happens it seems to happens when attempting to save. But saving doesn't always induce the crash.

Render a stem of tracks. In this case 12 tracks. Doesn't matter if it renders out to 16, 24 or 32 bit.

After render dialogue window has closed - go to FILE and chose SAVE.

Reaper crashes

Sometimes it crashes WITHOUT going into FILE and SAVE. I suspect that may Reaper is saving a backup in the background and that initiates the crash scenario even without me doing anything.

Sometimes I can do around 100-150 renders and attempt to save. But on render 151 it crashes *when* saving... Or I can make 1 render and it crashes...

The CRASH scenario can end up a little different:

Sometimes Reaper stays in RAM (Open Task Manager) and sits there occupying 6-10 GB depending on the size of the project.

Sometimes it leaves RAM. But when relaunched Reaper isn't communicating with the ASIO UA-25 drivers and it possible to configure it either. Then unbplugging the USB cable for the audio device and re-plugging it can help. But sometimes reboot of the PC is necessary.

Other DAWs work and can export stems etc. Even after Reaper isn't accepting the Edirol UA-25 drivers, other DAWs can be launched and used normally.

Since I'm exporting stems often I'd be really happy if these crashes could be fixed... Thanks in advance

MT

Last edited by ManyTracks; 05-18-2014 at 02:13 PM.
ManyTracks is offline   Reply With Quote